I am Back

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I am Back

Postby mellens » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:44 am

I am Marilyn, 44 years young, living in Chicago, married 10 1/2 years with 2 daughters 8 and 3.

I did this a number of years back but, slipped back into old ways. So, this time I did this quietly. It has now been 4 weeks without any diviation. But, what I have done differently this time is, I have learned to cook more recipes. I am using tofu about 2x week. I have lost consistently. I started out at 180 and am now 172.

I am very excited and motivated. I am so loving saying NO to poor choices. Amazingly, everyone wants to offer me poor choices. But, I think, the reason I failed before was because I'd say yes to avoid offending people. Now, I just say no, thank you. I also stopped feeling like I had to justify my eating choices. Hello, I am a 44 year who doesnt need permission to eat this way. :D

Also, instead of asking my family to try dishes, I just cook it, put it on their plates and start eating. Guess what? many dishes, they love. They love chili and pizza w/o cheese. Though not quite willing to give up on meat, they are willing to have a few meat free days. Also, my husband said, maybe he and the kids will stop eating meat in the house but, continue to eat, if they choose, outside the home. So, very kind gesture. So, I am back!!!
mellens

Re: I am Back

Postby Love the Lorax » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:31 am

That's great - you are back, the weight loss, and the family working with you. Looking forward to hearing more in the future!
Love the Lorax

Postby frozenveg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Mellens, that is great! I started this program very quietly, too. I didn't tell anyone except my husband for months, when people started to notice. I lurked on the boards here and didn't even register for 3 months.

You are making great progress, and I can tell that a big part of it is your attitude. You have made decisions that will assure that you are successful, most especially the practice of cheerfully saying, "No, thank you"! Hooray!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Melinda » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Congratulations! I love your line about not needing permssion to eat this way!
Melinda

Postby Gramma Jackie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Welcome back! Sounds like you are doing great!
Good job on your weight loss. :thumbsup:
Gramma Jackie

Postby sweetfruitlover » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Welcome back, and congrats on your good progress! I think something just clicked for you this time, and now you really want to do it and you realize you can eat however you like and it's nobody's business but your own, lol. So it's easy to say no thank you and just move on to another topic. And how awesome about your family enjoying many of the dishes you make and actually considering eating meat only outside of your home! That is wonderful - for you and for them. It sounds like you're a good influence on them :-)
sweetfruitlover

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories