Insanity

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Insanity

Postby LJ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 am

Anyone doing Shaun T's Insanity work-outs? I just started yesterday and was wondering if anyone had a review or any advice. I can tell right now its going to be a while before I can keep up with these work-outs but am SO looking forward to it!!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Re: Insanity

Postby sigma957 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 am

I own it, but there's no way I can do it at my current weight and level of fitness. But if you do it, you'll end up with great cardio fitness and some strong muscles, that's for sure.

Good luck with it!

Barbara
You must believe that you are worth the trouble.
When you stumble, make it part of the dance!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

sigma957

Postby LJ » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Well, after giving about 5 work-outs the best effort I could muster, I've decided that these are NOT for me. I don't think I could do these work-outs if I was in the best shape of my life! It wasn't just that the cardio was so extreme either. I felt that it was entirely too harsh on my knees. One wrong move and I just know I'd blow a knee out. Plus, some of the contortions he comes up with just to work out the triceps are absolutely ridiculous. I'd like to actually enjoy working out instead of suffering thru it. I've never disliked a work-out as much as this one. Anyone who enjoys this and can do it, more power to them. I, on the other hand, have sent it back and ordered Chalene Extreme instead. I'll give a review on that one in a few weeks......

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Postby sigma957 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 pm

I have done about a month and a half of Chalene extreme. I loved it! I love working out hard and this one will do it. I'm going to get back to it shortly.

Feel free to ask me questions about it if you like.

Barbara
(also a beachbody coach)
You must believe that you are worth the trouble.
When you stumble, make it part of the dance!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

sigma957

Postby LJ » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 am

Barbara...a beachbody coach!! How awesome!! Yes, I LOVE THE CHALEAN EXTREME!!!! Its right up my ally as I really enjoy working out with weights. I've only done Burn 1 and 2 so far but I'm in love with it. So much so that I've already purchased a set of adjustable dumbbells. I had dumbbells ranging in weights from 2-15 lbs and I just go sick of all of them lying around the basement floor.

I'm sore today in that 'I worked out yesterday and its all good' sort of way and can't wait to get home and work-out tonight!!!!

LJ

Return to Exercise and Fitness