WFPB and Belly Fat?

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

WFPB and Belly Fat?

Postby AshleyAA » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 am

Hi, I'm new to the whole foods plant based lifestyle, and am still trying to reeducate myself on some of the 'truths' I've learned from other meat-centric diets. One thing I'd often heard is that, to lose belly fat, you need to restrict carbs. I've seen so many amazing success stories through Forks over Knives, though, that I'm starting to think that can't be the only way to lose belly fat. I do have a significant amount of weight to lose, but am also interested in WFPB for its many other health and environmental benefits. Do you have any suggestions for how to structure WFPB for weight loss and belly fat loss?

Thanks!
AshleyAA

Re: WFPB and Belly Fat?

Postby AnnetteW » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:52 am

Just follow the information on this forum and website, Dr. McDougall's plan the Starch Solution, or for a more strict program you can check out the board title Maximum Weight Loss.
AnnetteW

Postby michaelswarm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Where are you starting from? What do your typical meals look like? There are multiple ways to lose weight, not all equally healthy. However, our typical diets are so bad, that many ways to lose weight are improvements: stop drinking sodas, stop eating junk food, eat more fruits and vegetables, are common to many diets.

We separate carbohydrate found in whole natural foods from that found in refined and processed foods, often combined with other refined and processed ingredients and even totally artificial ingredients. Whole grains, beans, potatoes are different from white bread and french fries.

Check out Dr McDougall on weight loss...

McDougall Common Health Problems
https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... s/obesity/

McDougall Hot Topics (index)
https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... s/obesity/

I have always been thin and active. 10 years ago when I changed, I lost 40 lbs. I am now at my college weight again.
michaelswarm

Postby forgood » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:24 pm

I think you can't lose on one spot only with any kind of weight loss, you lose slowly all over. But it seems my gut shrinks last, I notice (mostly water weight) from my face is gone, if I reduce sodium or lose weight.
forgood

Postby viv » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi Ashley,

Buy the Starch Solution and follow it. Learn all you can about Dr. McDougall and Jeff Novick and immerse yourself in their methods. They are the gift that keeps on giving.

That's it, don't muddy the waters with all the other info out there. Wherever you have fat on your body you will eventually lose it over time. I lost 60 pounds and ten inches of my waist over two and a half years. I made a commitment on day one that I would follow Dr McDougall's Starch Solution for a year and at the end of that year I would reassess. I'm still on it eight years later and in the best health of my life, I feel great and look great. My life would have been very different if I had started years ago. Don't wait.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Return to Health Issues