Symptoms worse after 8 weeks of trying

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Symptoms worse after 8 weeks of trying

Postby lisabug11 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:44 am

Hi! I have a very long history of IBS and was recently diagnosed with a pretty severe case of SIBO (based on hydrogen breath test), wheat protein inflammatory response and candida. I know that these tests are definitely not the gold standard, but it's been the first time in my over 30 years of dealing with this stuff that someone has given me a diagnosis and possible healing plan, so I feel like I have some hope. I've always wanted to eat more of a plant-based diet, but have severe increase in gas, bloating and alternating constipation and diarrhea every time I try to increase fiber, even just a little. During COVID, I was off for 9 weeks, so I decided to just go for it, since I was home the entire time. My symptoms just continued to worsen and worsen despite trying this for 8 weeks. The only thing that seemed to help was taking Allicin supplements, but it just reduced the gas, nothing else. I'm currently breast-feeding, so I cannot take anything that is much stronger than that. I've tried so many things over the years, but I'm ready to take the antibiotic plunge after I'm done breastfeeding because my symptoms have almost forced me to be unable to work. Has anyone experienced anything like this and had a good solution?
lisabug11

Re: Symptoms worse after 8 weeks of trying

Postby michaelswarm » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:07 pm

How do you respond to potatoes? They have less fiber than grains or beans. You can also cook all of your fruits and vegetables. You may need to go slow and allow your gut and microbiome time to heal before it can handle normal amounts of fiber.

What does a typical day of eating for you from the past 8 weks look like?
michaelswarm

Return to Health Issues