Intolerance/Allergies/Antibiotics

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Intolerance/Allergies/Antibiotics

Postby zenjenn » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:34 am

I have been struggling with food issues for many years due to over prescribed antibiotics that began in my 20s and continue today but are much less. I've been down so many rabbit holes in an effort to heal my body naturally and every time I try one avenue, I get about a month and a half in and I become extremely bloated and begin gaining weight. From trial and error, it seems that I am allergic to peanuts and sesame, and most nuts and seeds make my mouth burn. Okay so I leave those out. But, when I eat according to the starch solution, it happens as well. So, I stop eating soy and lectins and all of my bloating and pain goes away. This leaves very little for me to eat! I don't know what to do.

I have tried so many diets and approaches to eating and nothing makes more sense to me than WFPB but I am stuck. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer
zenjenn

Re: Intolerance/Allergies/Antibiotics

Postby Ejeff » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:27 am

Have you tried an elimination diet? If not, that is where I would start. You need to identify what foods you can and cannot tolerate. Perhaps the list of foods you can have is longer than you think.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby viv » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:47 am

Hi zenjenn,

The starch solution can be a very simple diet. Oatmeal for breakfast, rice and steamed veggies for lunch, and same for dinner. Can you tolerate potatoes or sweet potatoes? Dr. McDougall says you can live on sweet potatoes and water with just a few greens.

What starches can you tolerate? Nuts and seeds are not needed, nor are soy products. Find out what starches and vegetables you enjoy and eat them every day. Just remember no oil!

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby michaelswarm » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Eat what you tolerate that follows Dr McDougall’s principles. Allow your gut time to heal. For you, this may take more time than for others. Food sensitivities-allergies take more time, sometimes months or years, than some other symptoms, that respond in days or weeks. Dr Bulsiewicz, author of recent book “Fiber Fueled”, says gut is like a muscle, that you have to slowly exercise it to make it stronger.

Can you give an example of a typical day of eating for you?
For example
B: rolled oats and fruit
L: baked french fries and ketchup with salad (onion cucumber tomato lettuce beans honey mustard crackers)
D: baked pasta and vegetables
michaelswarm

Return to Health Issues