Blood Pressure Question

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Blood Pressure Question

Postby Mom+Me » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:29 am

timothysz35 wrote:Thank you. No I usually take my bp towards the middle of the day. So today I took it again and it went back up to 136/88. So every day it seems to be fluctuating. I have to think that stress plays a role in your bp no matter how healthy you eat and I have been stressed as of late.

Thank you for replying! Yes, I do believe that stress can definitely elevate blood pressure even when one is eating extremely healthy, such as yourself.

I know that some people on the Discussion Board only drink very minimal amouns of water. Yet there are others who drink quite a bit. It is possible, especially with stress (that dehydrates), that you are dehydrated. Maybe by drinking some more water that will help? I know that as the temperatures have risen, I've been adding more water consumption to my days. If I don't, my b/p readings are higher.

It could also be that it may take a little longer for you to see the #'s you'd like. While your overall health has improved, maybe your body is busy healing other things and it will just take more time for the b/p to come down more.

Maybe your height, as mentioned earlier in this thread, has something to do with it? You may want to ask Jeff Novick about that on his section of the DB.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby timothysz35 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:03 pm

That is very interesting about the dehydration. I could definitely see how being dehydrated would contribute to high bp. I will try posting on the other doctors board and share the information, thanks so much!
timothysz35

Postby Mom+Me » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:16 pm

timothysz35 wrote:That is very interesting about the dehydration. I could definitely see how being dehydrated would contribute to high bp. I will try posting on the other doctors board and share the information, thanks so much!

I hope that by just drinking some more water that they may be the fix! :)
Looking forward to hearing what you find out.
Mom+Me

Postby Mom+Me » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:19 pm

viewforum.php?f=22
That's the link to Jeff's section of the Board.
Though I'm quite certain you could have found it yourself.
Mom+Me

Postby timothysz35 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Thanks so much. Appreciate it. 135/83. Just took it. Getting better for sure.
timothysz35

Postby timothysz35 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi I tried posting on Jeff's page but received no response so figured I would go back here. BP is still a little elevated despite the weight loss. As I mentioned, working out 6 days a week now and eating all plant based. Is it possible to lower BP even when it is genetic? If not is the only alternative to go on BP medication? I have cut out pretty much all salt out of my diet so it has to be genetic at this point. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!
timothysz35

Postby JeffN » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:05 pm

timothysz35 wrote:Hi I tried posting on Jeff's page but received no response so figured I would go back here. BP is still a little elevated despite the weight loss. As I mentioned, working out 6 days a week now and eating all plant based. Is it possible to lower BP even when it is genetic? If not is the only alternative to go on BP medication? I have cut out pretty much all salt out of my diet so it has to be genetic at this point. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Blood Pressure
Post by JeffN » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:00 am

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=61041&p=617063#p617063

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Previous

Return to Health Issues