Progress Has Stalled

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Progress Has Stalled

Postby Mark Simmons » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Lost over 100 pounds on McDougall. Binged for a few weeks. On Oct. 18, 2019, I was tested at 600 blood glucose. I refused any medical intervention and immediately went 100% on MWL.. Mon., Oct. 21, I began testing my fasting blood glucose every morning. Oct. 21 it was 456. It steadily declined on the McDougall Program until it was 134 after 2 weeks, on Nov. 5, when I saw the PA-C again. He no longer even suggested drugs or insulin. I had blood drawn for tests a week before the second meeting and I was pleasantly surprised at a 114 total cholesterol and a 1.1 PSA.

I had made a chart of the 2 week decline in the FBC and showed it to the PA-C and it was a striking visual aid. We both saw it was continuing to decline, with normal numbers just around the corner. Or so I thought. The chart started to plateau there, and my fasting blood glucose has been stuck between 130 and 140 for a month now. I have about 35 pounds left to lose. I was also diagnosed with atrial fibrillation at this time.. Educated thoughts? Experience?
Mark Simmons

Re: Progress Has Stalled

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:43 pm

Here is a post you may find helpful: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59321

Congrats on making back to McDougall. I’m excited for your future!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ltldogg » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Mark Simmons wrote:Lost over 100 pounds on McDougall. Binged for a few weeks. On Oct. 18, 2019, I was tested at 600 blood glucose. I refused any medical intervention and immediately went 100% on MWL.. Mon., Oct. 21, I began testing my fasting blood glucose every morning. Oct. 21 it was 456. It steadily declined on the McDougall Program until it was 134 after 2 weeks, on Nov. 5, when I saw the PA-C again. He no longer even suggested drugs or insulin. I had blood drawn for tests a week before the second meeting and I was pleasantly surprised at a 114 total cholesterol and a 1.1 PSA.

I had made a chart of the 2 week decline in the FBC and showed it to the PA-C and it was a striking visual aid. We both saw it was continuing to decline, with normal numbers just around the corner. Or so I thought. The chart started to plateau there, and my fasting blood glucose has been stuck between 130 and 140 for a month now. I have about 35 pounds left to lose. I was also diagnosed with atrial fibrillation at this time.. Educated thoughts? Experience?

Please share with us exactly what you eat every day or for at least the last 3 days.
Ltldogg

Postby Mark Simmons » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 am

Lyndzie wrote:Here is a post you may find helpful: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59321

Congrats on making back to McDougall. I’m excited for your future!

Thanks Lyndzie!
Mark Simmons

Return to Health Issues