BP suddenly jumped

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

BP suddenly jumped

Postby nfsus » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Started mcdougall on june 8th. 2 to 3 weeks in had to drop bp meds because pressure dropped. Yesterday it suddenly shot back up. I've not changed foods brands or added any meds. Last night it was 157/99 this morning it was 106/70. Been running in the 120/80 range give or take activity. What gives? I take a b12 and that's it for the most part. I will supplement with sodium iodine for thyroid. These are things I've been doing anyway so nothing new. Any ideas anyone? Kinda like being off bp meds
nfsus

Re: BP suddenly jumped

Postby VeganDisciple » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Anxiety/stress from the holidays? :P No caffeine or decaf coffee either huh? Bacterial infection can cause it. Just guesses. That is pretty weird but honestly I'm noticing more and more that they just have to put something poisonous in everything we eat :crybaby: For example try finding a processed food without alpha tocopherols beta carotene and folic acid supplementation which McDougall writes about being poisonous as are many isolated phytochemicals being used today like curcumin from turmeric for example. I can't find a vegan milk without it (the vitamins, not the turmeric :lol: ) ! Frustrating for sure. Also, was that high reading after 10 minutes of rest?
DISCLAIMER*****I'm not a doctor, just an admirer of Dr. McDougall's writings. My intentions are only to point people to the evidence so that you can have the confidence to push for the service you deserve from your doctor.-Andy
http://bit.ly/AndyTestimony
VeganDisciple

Re: BP suddenly jumped

Postby Poison Ivy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:19 am

Anxiety and stress can certainly do it but the effect should be temporary. BP should return to normal after the stress subsides. Exercise can also cause a temp. spike, esp. bodybuilding.
Poison Ivy

Return to Health Issues