Medicare enrollment time

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Medicare enrollment time

Postby secdroid » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:13 am

NOT seeking opinions about specific Advantage or Supplement providers. I would appreciate pointers to resources intended to help consumers evaluate providers. [If this is inappropriate use of the forum, lock it.]

My current provider encourages regular, frequent use of their services for annual visits, in-home evaluations by nurse practitioners, tests, and screenings. I'm fortunate enough to be in good health and follow Dr. McD's recommendations re: appropriate use of physician services.

My provider seems to be very disappointed in that I'm not helping them to bill for anything other than routine vaccinations. I get frequent encouragement to use more services, which I do not need. (Wellness education is never on-offer, for some reason... :) )

As a retiree, I'm of an age when their is always something "wrong" which is treatable, but I just don't have any serious issues. Many of my peers are frequent visitors to their doctors and I don't see them benefiting. I simply concentrate on improvinging my lifestyle.

I'd like to find a provider that will let me manage my health issues and seek professional services when I deem them appropriate.
secdroid

Re: Medicare enrollment time

Postby veggiecat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:07 am

Where do you live? I'm in south Florida & am going to try Devoted, which begins in January.
Best wishes,Cat
veggiecat

Return to Health Issues