Too thin

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Too thin

Postby Ltldogg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:08 pm

mrfpratt wrote:I’m so sorry for your health struggle and hope you are restored to full health soon yes

Thank you :)
Ltldogg

Postby michaelswarm » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:25 am

European man wrote:I've been WFPBNO for four months and I've lost 24 pounds even though I wasn't overweight to start with. I'm getting comments/'jokes' about my being so thin now. In the last few weeks I've been trying to put some weight back without success. This is despite stuffing myself with as much starchy food as possible. I'm beginning to think that unless I resort to allowing myself foods with oil I'm not going to be able to put weight back on using the diet. I don't like the way my face looks now with sunken cheeks.

It's beyond me how some people say they've gained weight with the diet.

Dr McDougall has newsletter article about gaining weight:
http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougal ... weight.htm

Possible suggestions to gain weight.
- Strength exercise to build muscle
- Food attractive and available. Make food interesting.
- Higher calorie density: bread, dry fruit, nuts, etc.
- Fruit, dry fruit and fruit juices
- Eat starches first
- Larger portions
- Extra meals
- Liquid calories: smoothies

I am thin myself. At 6’ and about 145 lbs my BMI is around 19.6. Also shop and cook for 3 growing children. I use these suggestions all the time. For example, I don’t mind if the kids snack, have an extra meal, or enjoy a smoothie. Significant habit changes should show results over time.
michaelswarm

Postby Atheria » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am

I agree with those who've mentioned that what the human body is SUPPOSED to look like is so rare in overweight America, you have to ignore all the comments by clueless others. 132 lbs. at 5'6" for a woman is totally fine. 110 lbs. is fine for someone with small bones. Because I'm in a mood today, I'm also going to say that these people may be jealous and trying to sabotage you. Keep this attitude: "What you think of me is none of my business." Years ago I worked with a very large woman who admitted that she was trying to get her boyfriend to gain a lot of weight so that no one else would want him and he wouldn't leave her. The corker was that later, after he had gained a bunch of weight, she got gastric bypass and dropped 100+ lbs.

Rock your small jeans!
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby mrfpratt » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 am

Thank you so much for your great advice!! I am eating healthy and have plenty of energy I need to just enjoy and not worry about what a few people say!

michaelswarm wrote:
European man wrote:I've been WFPBNO for four months and I've lost 24 pounds even though I wasn't overweight to start with. I'm getting comments/'jokes' about my being so thin now. In the last few weeks I've been trying to put some weight back without success. This is despite stuffing myself with as much starchy food as possible. I'm beginning to think that unless I resort to allowing myself foods with oil I'm not going to be able to put weight back on using the diet. I don't like the way my face looks now with sunken cheeks.

It's beyond me how some people say they've gained weight with the diet.

Dr McDougall has newsletter article about gaining weight:
http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougal ... weight.htm

Possible suggestions to gain weight.
- Strength exercise to build muscle
- Food attractive and available. Make food interesting.
- Higher calorie density: bread, dry fruit, nuts, etc.
- Fruit, dry fruit and fruit juices
- Eat starches first
- Larger portions
- Extra meals
- Liquid calories: smoothies

I am thin myself. At 6’ and about 145 lbs my BMI is around 19.6. Also shop and cook for 3 growing children. I use these suggestions all the time. For example, I don’t mind if the kids snack, have an extra meal, or enjoy a smoothie. Significant habit changes should show results over time.
mrfpratt

Postby mrfpratt » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 am

That woman was just awful fattening up her boyfriend!!!! And your so right in our country the norm is obese not just overweight but obese - a friend sent me a 1960’s crowded beach scene and the first thing you notice is there were no overweight people! Boy the times have changed - I’m just going to keep eating healthy and keep enjoying my health - thank you for your insights!

Atheria wrote:I agree with those who've mentioned that what the human body is SUPPOSED to look like is so rare in overweight America, you have to ignore all the comments by clueless others. 132 lbs. at 5'6" for a woman is totally fine. 110 lbs. is fine for someone with small bones. Because I'm in a mood today, I'm also going to say that these people may be jealous and trying to sabotage you. Keep this attitude: "What you think of me is none of my business." Years ago I worked with a very large woman who admitted that she was trying to get her boyfriend to gain a lot of weight so that no one else would want him and he wouldn't leave her. The corker was that later, after he had gained a bunch of weight, she got gastric bypass and dropped 100+ lbs.

Rock your small jeans!
Atheria
mrfpratt

Postby Quinda » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:06 am

I would appear too heavy if I weighed 132, I am half inch taller than you.
Quinda

Previous

Return to Health Issues