Heartburn/Acid Reflux

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Heartburn/Acid Reflux

Postby haze5736 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:10 pm

I have a friend that is trying a transition to whole food plant based. It's been at least a couple of weeks into the transition and last night a severe case of heartburn hit. This person has not had issues with heartburn in the past and was shocked because going plant based tends to clear up heartburn issues. Has anyone heard of a person getting heartburn while trying to transition? I know I'm not providing many details but just looking for anything in general terms at this point.
haze5736

Re: Heartburn/Acid Reflux

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:20 pm

I have had heartburn when I’ve been eating LARGE quantities of salsa, which is delicious on just about everything. It’s not something I usually have to deal with. So, yes, it can happen.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby haze5736 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I appreciate the reply. My friend is going to track food intake to see if a pattern emerges. I'm hoping we can figure it out. I would hate for this to be a reason to revert back to the old pattern of eating.
haze5736

Postby Plumerias » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:21 pm

How much food, how heavy was it, and how close to bedtime? I ask because if I eat too much late, I regret it.
Plumerias

Return to Health Issues