Having trouble eating so much food

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Having trouble eating so much food

Postby ebonyeyes » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:08 pm

I know this may sound strange, but I am having trouble eating throughout the day. Before I started the Maximum weight loss program, I at one large, high calorie, fat laden meal a day, usually shortly before bed. I don't experience hunger pains like most people. I eat when my blood sugar drops. That's the only real indication that I have that my body needs fuel. Other than that I'm fine and am able to function without eating throughout the day. So now I'm trying to eat a minimum of 3 times a day and I'm failing miserable. I'm losing 1/2 pound a day on average eating twice a day. So do I really need to eat throughout the day?
ebonyeyes

Re: Having trouble eating so much food

Postby colonyofcells » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:28 pm

I am a volume eater and I can easily eat lots and lots of boiled potato and boiled sweet potato (with skin and I drink all of the water used for boiling). I do not follow maximum weight loss so I can eat more concentrated calories from whole grain bread if I am busy and have no time to cook. I like the trader joe's whole wheat pita bread (it has pockets but I do not use the pockets) which has low amount of salt. I also like the manna organics manna bread (sprouted and not fermented, 0 salt).
colonyofcells

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Eat when hungry and stop when comfortably full. It doesn’t matter if it’s two meals or six. Don’t worry about the scale, your body will adjust (I’m assuming you have some weight to lose. Next week will probably be a bit slower).

It’s kinda awesome how quickly the body will respond with the right food.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Hal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 pm

I have the same problem. Although i have, after a lot of trial and error, finally figured out the right mix of higher calorie starches to eat. More regular old fashioned Catelli spagetti - no oil, no sugar, and i use pure tomato 'puree' in a jar, the richest reddest puree i have encountered (i will put in a plug if brand names are allowed..) I feel like i'd have to eat potoates constantly to get enough calories but one or two helpings of the medium to high density food like pasta has me balanced.

As I type this, I'm on my second bowl of potato/beans/corn. The corn is a special treat because with it in the bowl with the potatoes and beans, no amount of food seems to fill me up. I guess it takes more energy to digest, and i like to maximize my calorie intake.

The only problem for me incase it happens to you, is when i eat enough to feel full, and the same thing again later, but i am actually not getting enough calories, and my stomach gets sick and irritated - for a while i mistake of thinking i should eat less when that happens. :)
Hal

Postby Daydream » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:31 pm

Hal wrote: i use pure tomato 'puree' in a jar, the richest reddest puree i have encountered (i will put in a plug if brand names are allowed..)

What brand of tomato puree in a jar do you use?
Daydream

Postby MINNIE » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 am

So do I really need to eat throughout the day?

NOPE.

It's not required, or even especially recommended, by the McDougall plan.

It's just one option, if that is one's preferred eating style.

Eating the right food matters, but when and how often is up to you.

Personally, I do best on several smallish meals spread out over the day, so that's what I do.

But only because it works for me, not because anyone told me to do it :).
MINNIE

Postby Hal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 pm

The tomato puree is called 'Scarpones' passata 'tomato puree'. I get it from Safeway.
Hal

Return to Health Issues