Missed it by that much. MI and 2 stents at 33.

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Missed it by that much. MI and 2 stents at 33.

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 am

I’ve heard of people reaching out directly to Dr Esselstyn and getting a personal response. With his extensive expertise in cardiology, he might be a good person to ask about the B12. There is also no rush, it can take years to run through stores.

And, make sure to verify everything your cardiologist recommends. Many do not know of the power of food, and will dismiss it, but I’ve seen amazing results in myself and others simply by changing what I put on the plate.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby gracezw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 am

Also I am here to add that you could do some searches on these forums. It is great that these forums can go back to almost 20 years ago. I did some searching of my own. I read that Jim, one of our moderators, said that his B12 level had not gone down for about four or five years after he stopped eating animal products. You could ask him for a confirmation too. Based on this information, I think you don't need to take B12 at least for the first year when you are on all the medications.

gracezw wrote:I don't know but my hunch is to consult with at least one whole food plant based cardiologist about this.

pocketsand wrote:Vitamin B12 is tricky at the moment since I haven't yet found reliable information about whether or not B12 on it's own may be dangerous for a person with stents (via narrowing) or if that's only for people taking folate, B-6, and B-12 together. Holding off until I see the cardiologist next week for an exercise stress test.
gracezw

Postby gracezw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:25 am

Another idea is that you get your B12 level tested in your blood work, now and a year later. The results will probably be in the right range.
gracezw

Postby landog » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Disclaimer: This is not medical advice.

If I were in your shoes, I would take a look at the MWL plan, and commit to it 100%. You have had your most serious blockages stented, but you need to make sure that your other plaques do not continue to grow. You need to focus on disease reversal.

I would also monitor your LDL very carefully, in concert with a doctor that you trust. According to many of the plant based doctors, and LDL of lower than 70 is necessary for heart disease reversal - as low as possible is best.

You might find this you tube to be interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeKelRpEgdI It features Dr. Pam Popper, Dr. Kim Williams, T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Esselstyn. Dr. Kim Williams is a prominent plant based cardiologist. Check out the question at 1:44, and Dr. Williams response.at 1:51 (but the whole video is worthy of watching!

You are at the start of a remarkable health transformation!
landog

Previous

Return to Health Issues