chest cold

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

chest cold

Postby Migman0001 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 pm

any suggestion the breaking up a bad chest cold?
Migman0001

Re: chest cold

Postby jamietwo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:31 pm

Sorry you're sick! I got one of these warm mist vaporizers: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vicks-WarmSt ... N/15423529. I think it helps, and its cheap, easy to use, and easy to clean.
Jamie
jamietwo

Postby Migman0001 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:29 am

Thanks for the suggestion.
Migman0001

Postby toneclub » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 am

Hello, I have adjusted my diet 1.5 yrs ago to include more whole starches like Japanese sweet potatoes, was already eating rice, whole noodles, potatoes, with frozen mixed vegetables like Asian mix, some cooked kale/mushrooms/onion along with some type of starch. Also, beans with these meals. And salads, fresh fruits. Prior ate fresh fruits for breakfast for decades and salads, but also some meats. My age 61.5 yrs blood pressure 82/118 something like that. There is a trend in my health from time to time I get bronchitis/chest cold. Either every year or some times severals years before I get it. I no longer eat a fruit breakfast, but eat Mussli oats with assorted frozen berries, added fresh ground flax/chai/hemp seed, pinch of fresh shredded coconut and add some ground dates. I do not excursive routinely, but work 8.5 to 9.5 hours a day. Any suggestions of what maybe contributing to the colds? Thank you
toneclub

Postby PJK » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 am

Colds are caused by viruses. Not by your diet.

The common wisdom is that you can fight off a cold by being healthy and well-rested. But is there any scientific proof that this is true? I don't know.

Hand-washing may be a good way to prevent catching a cold. The idea is that we pick up the virus on our hands, then infect ourselves by touching our mouth or nose. So lots of soap, hot water and toweling may help.
PJK

Return to Health Issues