grilled/boiled skinless chicken breast

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

grilled/boiled skinless chicken breast

Postby NYCBJC » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:56 am

Dear all,

Firstly, thank you to Dr McDougall, Jeff Novick and contemporaries pioneering the whole food starch/plant based diet with no diary, meats etc.. After much reading and many hours watching youtube videos, I have now converted to this diet (or rather, as i call it, a way of life) but i have one question.

I have a freezer full of cooked brilled/boiled chicken breast (no skin, rinsed to get any excess fat-off). Instead of throwing this all out (given it cost me a considerable amount), is there any increased risk of cancer/other diseases if I ate one small serving (100-200g) a couple of times a week? Of course this is only limited to the stock i have in my freezer, so once its gone (probably last 1-2 months), there will be no more meat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to living a long and healthy life!
NYCBJC

Re: grilled/boiled skinless chicken breast

Postby PJK » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Yes - among others, an increased risk of urinary tract infection:

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/urinar ... g-chicken/

Why not donate it to a local church or soup kitchen? That way, you'd help someone who's truly hungry, and help yourself too.
PJK

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Lots of people throw away food after we have found out that it is harmful, but others have chosen to eat the food, then no longer replenish the stock. Why don’t you give it to someone who would eat it? If you have health issues (excess weight, cancer, heart disease, etc) those issues won’t go away until you follow the diet, and the diet is NO meat. Rinsing it off or skinning it does not change the fact that it is animal flesh, and more than washing a potato changes the fact that it’s a potato. Hopefully this doesn’t sound harsh, I just can’t come up with another way to explain it.

I know it seems wasteful, but you are better off just throwing it out.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:20 pm

When I quit eating meat (and after watching Earthlings knew I wasn't going to change my mind) I gave all we had in the freezer to a neighbor. She got several grocery bags worth. But if she would not have taken it, I just would have thrown it away. At that point it was no longer food to me. Last year for Christmas for some reason my mom sent us one of those boxes of meat and stuff from Omaha Steaks. I had my husband sell it to someone where he works. Otherwise I would have given or thrown it away.
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby SilverDollar123 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:48 am

How about chopping it up,feeding it to some feral cats or do you have a dog? Call the local animal shelter to see if
they would want it. Or just throw it out. RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby viv » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:56 pm

SilverDollar123 wrote:How about chopping it up,feeding it to some feral cats or do you have a dog? Call the local animal shelter to see if
they would want it. Or just throw it out. RAS

Great idea. Chicken is animal food not people food. Knowing that chicken causes inflammation in the body, feeds cancer, raises cholesterol, etc etc. why would anyone inflict this on another human being? Get rid of it, or as Silver Dollar says feed it to cats or dogs. Although, if you fed feral cats chicken, the cats would be hanging around forever!
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Return to Health Issues