elimination diet

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

elimination diet

Postby CrohnsKiller » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if those of you who have gone on an elimination diet can help me figure out the best way to approach it. If anyone has any links to threads where they have discussed in detail how they went about their elimination diet, can you please provide me the link? Otherwise, if anyone can help me by answering these questions, I would greatly appreciate it:

1. Is it suggested that you can consume all the foods listed under the "safe" foods of the elimination diet or should you limit yourself to just a few from each safe category?

2. How long do you need to wait to see if you're getting relief from the elimination diet?

3. Should the improvement be fast? (In my case it will be with arthritis, so I'm wondering how fast it should recover to see if the elimination diet I'm on is working.

4. Do you have to wait until symptoms are fully resolved until you can start trying to add foods back in?

5. Since it lists "most green and yellow vegetables" and "most fruits" (all cooked) as being safe, but then it lists specific veggies and fruits, should I just stick with the ones listed? Also, in one list Pears was listed by itself next to a list of most fruits, cooked, does that mean pears can be eaten uncooked?

6. If, when you start adding foods back in and you get a reaction, do you need to wait until the symptoms fully resolved before you try adding foods back in, or can you start again after 4 days no matter where you are at?

Any experiences anyone can share with their elimination diets would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit unsure of the best way to go about it at this point. I already don't eat most of the main offenders, but I'm still pretty inflamed, so it seems that I'm eating something that's perpetuating the inflammation.
CrohnsKiller

Return to Health Issues