Floasting stools and loose stools

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Floasting stools and loose stools

Postby mkh9 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi all. I have looked at the 4 posts on floating stools and they don't quite pertain to me.

I have been on this diet for about 3-4 years but not perfect. I only recently just started getting a lot of floating stools and sometimes loose stools. I sometimes have gas pains but always have had this since I was young. It is only rarely I have bad gas pain. I wonder what has brought on the floaters? Do you think I have not been eating right? I have no pain anywhere. I did take antibiotics but I had floaters before that. I went on probiotics for a couple of weeks after the antibiotics. I still have them off and on. I do notice if I change my diet to a western diet . For example eat meat for a day. I don't have them. So, I don't know if I'm getting enough fiber or bulk meaning something that stops you up? I have no known food allergies.
an example of one day is"

Breakfast (Oatmeal with almond milk) and Stevia

Off the diet I have a protein shake (Orgain brand, with almond milk). I did drink this before I had floaters. So I don't know if this is the problem.

lunch: salad with beans, tomato, lettuce ,beets, vinegar. a banana, and I admit I eat 1/4 cup cashews. But I'm not trying to lose weight. I am at the right weight. I sometimes have a piece of fruit.

Dinner: Whole grain rice, black beans (from a can, rinsed), Avacado, and salsa and broccoli.

Water of course. I do have decaf coffee in the morning with Stevia and almond milk.

I know Stevia, coffee and nuts are probalby off the diet. But this is what I have eaten about 2-3 times a week.

The other days vary. I have a casarole with whole grain pasta, black and white beans and squash,mushrooms, onion, garlic and carrots for dinner. Breakfast and lunch the same.
or
chickpeas and rice with spices like curry and cumin seed, and a veggie either broccoli or something same breakfast.

I am trying to get better but my weight is 127 and i am female and 5'7" age 56. I have some fat around my lower abdomen but the rest of me is thin. I go to the gym 2-4 types a week depending on how I feel.

One other thing that has changed recently is I am going off a medication called Trokendi XR. It is for a migriane variant but is a seizure medication. I wonder if the change in meds can do this? I don't see it as a side effect.

What do you think about my diet. Is it not nutritious enough?

We do eat potatoes and yams off and on as a add on but not every day or that regularly. But I'm not that hungry.

thanks a bunch,
mkh9

thanks,
mkh9
mkh9

Re: Floasting stools and loose stools

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Maybe I’m totally off base here but I don’t think the buoyancy of poop matters at all. As long as they are soft and easy to pass, it’s fine. Obviously, if you wanted to tighten up your eating you could do that, but the Orgain is the only thing you mentioned that is off plan. Coffee, stevia and nuts are all permitted. Sounds like you are doing excellent.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Willijan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Yes, I agree with Lyndzie, I know of no reason why having floaters is a problem. Plus I think your diet sounds excellent. The only thing not compliant with the plan is the protein smoothies. And from what you are eating I don't see any reason to worry about getting "enough nutrition."
Willijan

Postby mkh9 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Thanks very much. I have been tired lately and always wonder if I'm "doing it right". I think the fatigue is just due to going off
of the migraine pills. It is hard to do. I appreciate your comments. I was worried about the floaters because some articles say you
can have malabsorption disorder if you have a lot of floating stools. So, I didn't know you can have a lot of them if you are normal too.
It helps. Glad the diet sounds good minus the protein drink. It seems to give me a boost before my rigorous weight lifting. I am not sure of what else to try. Maybe quinoa? But it is for breakfast.
thanks,
mkkh9
mkh9

Return to Health Issues