EX FRUITARIAN

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

EX FRUITARIAN

Postby Alessandra8 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 am

Hi!
I need your experience.
I am 534 years old and Vegana for 10 years, but too much Fruitarian and Raw.
I want to go to Starch because it costs too much to eat fruit, especially in winter.
I esteem the dr. Mcdougall and I bought books and saw your videos, with the translator :)

The problem is that I try this diet on myself but I'm sick.
The skin becomes dehydrated, the intestine freezes, I have a lot of mucus in my throat.
I eat simple: a little fruit and a lot of starch (potatoes and rice above all) with some vegetables, especially cooked, I digest it better.

Has anyone happened at the beginning?
Maybe because I come from a Fruttariana diet?
Maybe I have to make the change slowly?

Thanks for the help, I want to eat starches, I love this simplicity! <3
Alessandra8

Re: EX FRUITARIAN

Postby Alessandra8 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:23 am

54 years, no 534 :)
Too bad not to receive any comments .... patience .... I salute you!
Alessandra8

Postby Crystal_Pegasus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:11 pm

I would think making the change slowly may help. After eating fruitarian for so long, not only might your digestive tract need time to adjust, but your whole gut microflora (the bacteria in your intestines) will favour your usual diet and you need time for new bacteria, that will help digest your new foods, to develop.

So just slowly add in small amount of starches and cooked veggies. If you find any particular foods seem to worry you more than others, omit them for now and concentrate on others. I'd suggest leaving legumes out for now, until your digestion seems to be handling other foods well.

And drink plenty of water! You need lots of fluid to deal with the fibre and to keep your tissues, including your skin, well hydrated.
Crystal_Pegasus

Postby Vegankit » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:39 am

I find potatoes are constipating, maybe they are for you too? If so try other starches such as pumpkin or grain.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby roundcoconut » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:51 am

I just want to chime in, and mention that first and foremost, I think that it would be smart to take the attitude, “Let’s figure out a way forward!”

I mean, YOU are capable of making your way forward. There are many examples on these boards of how other people are doing — you can draw inspiration from those here who’ve got a good groove.

But ultimately, you are going to do this with feelings of confidence and capability, and with some patience toward the process of figuring out meals and patterns that work for you. Trial and error!

I am only saying this because I hear an element in your original post, of “running around like a chicken with its head cut off”. I mean, the tone of not having any discernment whatsoever, and needing people to tell you what to do, is a little bit off the mark in my opinion. What good could possibly come of that?

I would love to hear you say, “I’d like to try out some different meal combinations, and see what seems to work best” or “I am willing to be patient and see if my body can gradually adjust to the (fiber content or whatever) of eating more savory foods and less fruit”.

I mean, ultimately, you COULD choose to make changes somewhat gradually. If you were spending $25 a day on fruits and on calorie-dilute veg for your smoothie, then maybe just dial it back to $20, with a bit more in the way of savory foods. I mean, there’s no perfect way, but there are many good ways. The panic and the full “back to square one” seems counterproductive. Why not start where you are, and adjust?

Anyway, that might be useful, but it might not resonate with you. If not, just disregard! :))
roundcoconut

Postby Alessandra8 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:54 am

Thank you all!
Roundcoconut I'm not a chicken with a severed head :)
I wrote it because I tried alone for a couple of weeks, but my body did not seem to adapt to starches and I was discouraging.

I made a change too fast, you're right ... now I start slowly, with little rice that creates inflammation
to my skin.
They are not good, but I do not want to believe him
Yes, Vegankit, the best sweet potatoes for me.

Sorry for the language, I use Google Traslate :)
Alessandra8

Return to Health Issues