Soft erections

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Soft erections

Postby Vegan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:55 am

I have been 100% vegan now for one year. The reason why I went vegan was because I don't get hard erections anymore ever, I'm just 35. The thing is that my erections have not improved one bit even though I have been vegan for a whole year now. I'm really losing hope, am I going to be impotent for the rest of my life no matter what.. :-(
Vegan

Re: Soft erections

Postby DanTheYogi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:25 am

Vegan wrote:I have been 100% vegan now for one year. The reason why I went vegan was because I don't get hard erections anymore ever, I'm just 35. The thing is that my erections have not improved one bit even though I have been vegan for a whole year now. I'm really losing hope, am I going to be impotent for the rest of my life no matter what.. :-(

Being Vegan does mean anything in regards to eating a healthy diet. What foods are you eating? High fat diets are the cause of CVD (and by extension, ED). Being Vegan does not mean you are eating a low fat, plant based McDougall diet. Are you eating oil? Fake meats and cheeses? Lots of nuts, seeds, avocado, soy? Processed/refined grains?

This newsletter is worth reading:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2008nl/dec/fat.htm

Also, if you haven't done so, you may want to spend some time reviewing the guidelines for the program both on the main website and/or in Jeff Novick's sub-forum. This program does not promote a vegan diet, it promotes a healthy, low-fat, plant-based diet.

I will also add that if you could give us specifics of what you eat in a day, including sauces, condiments, beverages, etc., we will better be able to assist/give you advice on what you can change.
DanTheYogi

Postby Vegan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Dan,

I eat only these same foods every single day.

900g broccoli, steamed 5 mins
two medium sweet potatoes, boiled
400g buckwheat, boiled
300g red lentils, boiled

That's it, nothing added but little real salt. I only drink water. Like I said it's been a year now eating these foods and my erection has not improved one bit. I really don't understand how is this possible.
Vegan

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am

Vegan wrote:That's it, nothing added but little real salt. I only drink water. Like I said it's been a year now eating these foods and my erection has not improved one bit. I really don't understand how is this possible.

Have you seen a doctor about this? It is true the most likely reason is blocked circulation which can take quite awhile to really improve.

But there could also be other reasons that it would be good to eliminate so you know you're actually addressing the problem.
GeoffreyLevens

Postby Vegan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am

I have not seen a doctor about this. I don't really trust doctors, haven't never met anyone who has been helped by a doctor.
Vegan

Postby MINNIE » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 pm

If you don't see a doctor you won't know whether or not they can help you :).

You may have a health condition that is not directly related to what you eat. It may even be something that is easy to treat - once you know what it is.

Again, you won't know unless you go.
MINNIE

Postby Vegan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 pm

I will go see a doctor then, don't expect much though. It's more likely that superman is gonna fly through my window and cure my ED. :)
Vegan

Postby dynodan62 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:21 pm

The smaller arteries (minimal flow) may take longer for deposits to dissolve. 34 years of accumulation likely means the larger vessels will continue to give up plaque for some time yet, keeping cholesterol levels high.
dynodan62

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Vegan wrote:I have not seen a doctor about this. I don't really trust doctors, haven't never met anyone who has been helped by a doctor.

It is true that doctors can be wrong or uniformed. But "Please, allow me to introduce myself..." I've had my life saved by doctors, at least once 100% for sure and that was in conventional medical setting. I know MANY others with similar stories.

If what is going on with you is an endocrine/hormone issue, it might not be effected much by how you eat but a proper medical diagnosis and treatment might help a lot!
GeoffreyLevens

Postby Willijan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Vegan wrote:I have not seen a doctor about this. I don't really trust doctors, haven't never met anyone who has been helped by a doctor.

I really strongly agree with you about not trusting doctors. But there is information, even sometimes procedures or medications, that they can give you that may help in some situations. And you never know if your situation may be one of those until you try. Just go in with an open, but skeptical mind. If they suggest a treatment, research it on your own to see if you think it's a good idea, before you try it. But this diet doesn't fix everything, and doctors can fix some things.

Another point: some medications affect erections. So check out side effects of your medications if you take any.
Willijan

Postby Vegan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm

I don't take any medications. I just ate like an idiot for years, trying to get really big because I was into bodybuilding. I used to "supplement" olive oil 6-7 tablespoons every day to get extra calories.

I will let you know what doctor says.
Vegan

Postby Poison Ivy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:54 pm

When did your erections go from being hard to soft?
Poison Ivy

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:50 am

Vegan wrote:I don't take any medications. I just ate like an idiot for years, trying to get really big because I was into bodybuilding. I used to "supplement" olive oil 6-7 tablespoons every day to get extra calories...

You undoubtedly know this but if you ever used steroids, testosterone or analogues as part of bodybuilding, that can result in dramatically reducing your own body's production for a long time. There are things that can be done for repair and/or work arounds but good to know if that is an issue.
GeoffreyLevens

Postby Vegan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:56 am

Poison Ivy wrote:When did your erections go from being hard to soft?

I think it was like five years ago or so. When I was in my twenties I woke up every morning with stone hard erections, so hard that I had to wait like 10 minutes for it to calm down before I could pee. Just try to pee when your penis points to the sky, nope, not happening.. :wink:
Last edited by Vegan on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vegan

Postby Vegan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:58 am

GeoffreyLevens wrote:
Vegan wrote:I don't take any medications. I just ate like an idiot for years, trying to get really big because I was into bodybuilding. I used to "supplement" olive oil 6-7 tablespoons every day to get extra calories...

You undoubtedly know this but if you ever used steroids, testosterone or analogues as part of bodybuilding, that can result in dramatically reducing your own body's production for a long time. There are things that can be done for repair and/or work arounds but good to know if that is an issue.

Nope, I don't do steroids..
Vegan

Next

Return to Health Issues