Hair fall

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hair fall

Postby Mahi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Hello,

I am the new member. One and half month back me and my husband adopted McDougall diet because my husband is type 2 diabetic. He used to take 5 medications. After 3 weeks into diet his doc took off 3 medication and finally he is off from medications from last week.. Thank you so much Dr. McDougall you have given me so much hope about improving my health and currently I have lost 8lbs from jan 1st. Thank you so much..

my question is I am seeing hairfall. Do I need to take any type of supplements to stop hair fall or do I have to eat any type of vegetables or fruits..

Thank you,
Mahi.
Mahi

Re: Hair fall

Postby VegSingleMum » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 pm

I had that problem at first too!! It stopped though. I think it was from not eating enough calories. When I went on this diet I lost a lot of weight very fast. I think for me what happened was when I first switched over my stomach was small due to eating a S.A.D. which is high in calories. So it took some time for my stomach to stretch, and to convince myself that YES, I CAN eat that much food and still loose weight. My weight loss stopped finally at a B.M.I. of 20. But I eat a TON of food now.
VegSingleMum

Postby Atheria » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:53 pm

VegSingleMum wrote:I had that problem at first too!! It stopped though. I think it was from not eating enough calories. When I went on this diet I lost a lot of weight very fast. I think for me what happened was when I first switched over my stomach was small due to eating a S.A.D. which is high in calories. So it took some time for my stomach to stretch, and to convince myself that YES, I CAN eat that much food and still loose weight. My weight loss stopped finally at a B.M.I. of 20. But I eat a TON of food now.

You are probably right. Dramatic weight loss (even if not vegan) can cause hair loss. I'm betting not enough calories was the issue.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby Oatsandbeans » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Have you checked your thyroid? I would suggest ruling out thyroid problems with a full panel that also looks for Hashimoto's and Graves antibodies. Low blood sugar, hair loss, dry skin, ect are just a few of the symptoms of thyroid disorders.
Last edited by Oatsandbeans on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oatsandbeans

Postby Atheria » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 am

Also, not enough zinc can cause hair loss...as well as low iron.

Peace,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Health Issues