Help

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Help

Postby Oatsandbeans » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:30 am

I have been experiencing severe allergic type reactions like facial flushing, and itching ect.

I have tried to do the elimination diet but cannot figure out what is bothering me. It seems to come and go. Could it be an oxalate problem or someone suggested histamine build up. These are high in my diet.

Also I have been thinking of doing only one food like potatoes but they again they are high in oxalates, or rice. Does anyone remember reading on the main site about a woman who listened to one of Dr. McDougall’s YouTube lectures and ate only potatoes to help heal her arthritis? I cant seem to find her story anymore.

Thanks
Oatsandbeans

Re: Help

Postby Oatsandbeans » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks, I have tried this in the past but skin tested showed no allergy.
Oatsandbeans

Postby michaelswarm » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:06 pm

Oatsandbeans wrote:Also I have been thinking of doing only one food like potatoes but they again they are high in oxalates, or rice. Does anyone remember reading on the main site about a woman who listened to one of Dr. McDougall’s YouTube lectures and ate only potatoes to help heal her arthritis? I cant seem to find her story anymore.

Australian Andrew Taylor (aka SpudFit) ate only potatoes for one year. He spoke at one of McDougall’s Advanced Study Weekends (2017)
McDougall Webinar with Andrew Taylor (2019)
https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/webinars/webinar-03-28-19/
https://spudfit.com
michaelswarm

Postby Oatsandbeans » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Thanks for the link. I remember that guy from YouTube but have never seen the interview with Dr. McDougall. I wish I could find the Star McDougaller who ate only potatoes for I believe three months to heal her swollen joints. I believe she resumed her running and did well. But I cannot find her story on the site any more. Maybe she was not a Star. It could have just been a post.
Oatsandbeans

Return to Health Issues