Thyroid levels

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Thyroid levels

Postby RoseKatherine » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:35 pm

I have been following McDougall for 4 years and have lost weight and two BP meds. I have been on levothyroxine for 20 years and the dose has been increased over time to .88 mcqs. I had my TSH level drawn this week as part of my annual exam. While still in the normal range, it has dropped quite low in the range. The past few weeks I have had increasing headaches, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, flushing, BP spikes and anxiety. All symptoms of hyperthyroid.
My Dr. is decreasing the dose to 75 mcq with recheck of TSH in 6 weeks. Has this happened to others on WFPB lifestyle? Thanks for any insight.
Last edited by RoseKatherine on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoseKatherine

Re: Thyroid levels

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 pm

No change in mine until I started supplementing with a little extra iodine, but then over several years it gradually dropped from 150 mcgs to 125 mcgs gradually to 50 mcgs. Last test I needed to increase to 75 mcgs don't know why though looking forward to next January or so when test again to see what has happened with it.
GeoffreyLevens

Return to Health Issues