Garcina Cambogia?

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Garcina Cambogia?

Postby Shannox94 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:37 am

I know diet pills are scams and the worst out there to take. I've been following the mcdougall program 100% for the past two months, i dont have oil, advacodos, nuts or seeds. I dont put toppings on my starches but keep it simple n add a bit of spice, and for the past 3 weeks i turned to the potato diet to help me with maximum weight loss. But in that time i have only maybe lost about 4lbs over the two entire months. I know everyone says to be patient and i have been trying but i feel like all my efforts and i don't notice any change in my weight and i dont know for sure if im losing any. Its rather fustrating right now becuase i dont like the way i feel in clothes. I just heard about and listened to some reviews about Garcina Cambogia, and its suppose to be a natural diet pill that surpresses your apeptite. I know right there thats wrong becuase we are suppose to eat our food and not surpress it, but i cant help feeling that if i take them they can help me lose 30lbs quicker and maybe eating the starch solution way it will help me stay at my desires weight throughout the progress and afterwards. Its a bad way of thinking though but i need some real nutritional advice on the matter? I just dont want to wait a whole year again to find out rather then my weight go down it goes up
Shannox94

Re: Garcina Cambogia?

Postby Lesliec1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 am

Not sure how to answer exactly but that product sounds like a bunch of crazy. If you read my bio, you'll find out how I feel about supplements and the money I've spent.

Plus, even if it does work, you still face the problem of learning how to eat right afterwards. I think you should focus on that. Try the MWL program and get support for weight loss. There's a whole section on these boards for that. Post questions and problems there. Your problem might be simple. Maybe you are not eating enough veggies, for example.
Lesliec1

Postby ThailandVal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:01 am

Hi. I'm doing my PhD research on mangosteen, which is in the same plant family as Garcinia cambodgia, so I have read some research on it. A 2013 review by Astell on anti obesity herbal supplements looked at the results of 5 weight loss studies on humans and found no compelling evidence that Garcinia cambodgia helped tackle obesity.
You said yourself that appetiter suppression is not the key. I would suggest not wasting money on Garcinia or other herbal supplements but maybe try going on the all potato diet for a while
ThailandVal

Postby Shannox94 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:59 am

Thank You. I felt it was a waste of money to buy anyways. As for the all poatato diet, i had tried it for a full month but afterwards i got bored of it, so now i have oatmeal in the mornings but potatoes for both lunch and supper. 2 out of 3 meals.
Shannox94

Return to Health Issues