Feeling worse than ever

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Feeling worse than ever

Postby helen123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:06 am

hi
I have been on this diet for about a month now, sticking to it 100%. Was on 100mg losartan and 2.5 indapamide talked to my doctor and stopped indapamide and then halved losartan all was going well apart from a weekly high reading which I would take 100mg to lower and then readings would go back to 118/80. I have a weird sensation in my left chest and very stressed due to high readings been to hospital recently and they did checks all was normal. Went to doctor who suggested with my bp reading at 149/90 to go back up to 100mg which I have been on for about a week but still bp not coming down. I'm taking b12 vitamin rubbing magnesium oil onto legs and tummy as they are sore from OA and taking mk7 recently started. Not seeing any benefit to diet haven't lost any weight feeling fed up :(
helen123

Re: Feeling worse than ever

Postby schermel » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:23 pm

maybe post a few days or week or so of your meals, so folks could have a look at what you're actually consuming. just a thought.
schermel

Postby Hal » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:12 pm

I concur with schermel. I am having trouble eating enough to keep my weight up at BMI of 20, and BP has normalized on the McDougall plan.
Have you checked for any hidden fats from sneaking in, like from regular store bought bread - has 2-3 grams of fat per slice, plain pasta sauce - has tons of sugar, frozen pizza crust - has tons of oil. Hidden fat and sugar is everywhere in 'manufactured' food.
Hal

Postby helen123 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:28 am

thanks schemel have done that before will do again though
helen123

Postby helen123 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:31 am

thank you Hal
I do check for oil haven't really checked hidden fat. I'm not bothered about loosing any weight as around 24.5 bmi. I was just saying the diet hasn't made any difference to me yet. I must have a body full of arthritis and toxins.
helen123

Postby helen123 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:40 am

food diary
breakfast
ryvita jam and tea 1 brown sugar soya milk

lunch
part baked roll times 2, jam tea or pasta mushrooms sweetcorn tesco pasta sauce
apple, banana

dinner
jacket/wedges beans corn on the cob/pasta
peaches soya custard
or
pizza
flour/sugar/yeast/salt/water
tomato puree/sauce
veg

veg/fruit juice
3 celery
1 carrot
ginger
blueberries
2 apples or pears
strawberries or watermelon/grapes

acv 2 tablespoons with honey apple juice and water times 3, before meals

My diet is boring but I hate most grains
helen123

Postby Hal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Kale smoothies. worked wonders for me, so might work for you. Kale/banana(or other sweetener)/almond milk/pure cocoa powder(optional). I use the 'black' kale, but any kale works to keep joints pain free. The key is LOTS of kale to see if it helps - six or more big leaves per smoothie, once or twice a day till you know if it helps. If you try this be sure to let us know if it helps.
It sure helped me.
Hal

Postby Hal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:24 pm

After reading you diary, i think you are getting too much sugar.
Hal

Postby helen123 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:58 pm

thanks Hal I will try that smoothie I did have the curly kale in a juice, your right looking now I can see I need to cut back thank you. I have to stop stressing making my bp worse I keep bloody checking it can't stop myself. My doctor is going to think I'm nuts if I go back again and googling stuff not helping me either. Just did the water cure salt test not the best of ideas
helen123

Postby Spiral » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:05 pm

helen123 wrote:thanks Hal I will try that smoothie I did have the curly kale in a juice, your right looking now I can see I need to cut back thank you. I have to stop stressing making my bp worse I keep bloody checking it can't stop myself. My doctor is going to think I'm nuts if I go back again and googling stuff not helping me either. Just did the water cure salt test not the best of ideas

I hate to give you whiplash, but I don't recommend smoothies of any kind. I think you should eat your food, not drink it. Water is the best beverage.

It's just my opinion, but Dr. McDougall is not a huge smoothie fan either.
Spiral

Postby Yomom » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Spiral wrote:
helen123 wrote:thanks Hal I will try that smoothie I did have the curly kale in a juice, your right looking now I can see I need to cut back thank you. I have to stop stressing making my bp worse I keep bloody checking it can't stop myself. My doctor is going to think I'm nuts if I go back again and googling stuff not helping me either. Just did the water cure salt test not the best of ideas

I hate to give you whiplash, but I don't recommend smoothies of any kind. I think you should eat your food, not drink it. Water is the best beverage.

It's just my opinion, but Dr. McDougall is not a huge smoothie fan either.

Why smoothies are not recommended? See link below to explanation by Lani Muelrath of this McDougall Board, also quoting Dr Caldwell Esselstyn Jr on his reasoning:
http://lanimuelrath.com/to-smoothie-or- ... nd-greens/
Yomom

Return to Health Issues