Favorite snacks?

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Favorite snacks?

Postby Silvafox » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:48 pm

Just did a quick search about "snacks" and most of what I found was that people have "snacks" but not much specific is mentioned.
My question is: what is your favorite snack? Do you snack? I'm looking for ideas that are beyond "eat an apple" or "have some carrot sticks". I am at my goal weight and have been for quite a while, am very active, lift weights...and plan to stay within the Dr. M guidelines...I guess I'm looking for some creativity here.

Suggestions?
Silvafox

Re: Favorite snacks?

Postby Ejeff » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 am

Hi Silvafox,

I like to make healthy cookies. The other day I had 4 ripe bananas to use up. Threw those in my mixmaster with one grated zucchini. Added cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and some chopped walnuts and raisins. Then added enough oat flour (grind my own from oats) so that it ends up like a loose cookie dough. Baked 400 for 15 minutes or so.

Another nice snack is roasted chickpeas. Drain a can of chickpeas, toss with whatever spices you like. Last time I used curry, garlic and onion. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Shake the pan a couple times during the roasting.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Re: Favorite snacks?

Postby Silvafox » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Thank you! I was beginning to feel invisible. The cookies sound perfect. The chickpeas? I'll give them a try too.
Silvafox

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals