Creaky's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Creaky's Journal

Postby Creaky » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 am

From MWL Friday weigh in

08/15/20 Start: 267
09/04/20: 265.4 +3.4
09/11/20: 261.1 -4.3
09/18/20: 258.2 -2.9
Total Change: -8.8

1. Soup before meal: I've tried to do this requirement. It's an extra thing I have to prep and do. I tried making my meals soups but as they sit in the refrigerator it absorbs the water as they are more like a stew than soup. I add a bit of water before I microwave it. I'm not going to worry about this one for now. I'm doing well without it. Maybe later it I need the pre-loading, I'll pick it up.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals: :thumbsup:
3. Desert = Fruit: :thumbsup:
4. Little added sugars and added salts: :thumbsup:
5. No Animal Products: :thumbsup:
6. No higher fat plant foods: :thumbsup:
7. No added oil: :thumbsup:
8. No Processed Food/Dried Fruit: :thumbsup:
9. Don’t drink your calories: :thumbsup:
10. Eat when Hungry/Don't stuff myself: :thumbsup:
11. 30 minutes exercise/day: :thumbsup:

Good week foodwise. Helps when you eat the same thing every day.. Stressful at work, but kept eating on plan and moving forward. Another three day weekend in front of me, so I have food prepped and will do some cooking this morning to stay ahead of everything. Hard part is the shopping as I'm used to treating myself when I shop. I go with a list and stick to that list.
Creaky

Postby Creaky » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 pm

Saturday was my day to celebrate my birthday, so I'm posting what I ate to be honest with myself.
Br: Homemade oil free pancakes with blueberries. Had margarine and strawberry jam on them. I'm not a syrup person.
Lu: Three chocolate chip cookies from AM/PM (gas station store, but their cookies are delicious) and a diet Dr. Pepper
Di: Domino's Pizza stuffed cheesy bread and cinnamon twists.

I was able to get back on track on Sunday without any issues. No cravings. Actually wanted to eat my regular meals.
Creaky

Postby VivianS » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 am

VivianS September 30, 2020
I am proud of you, Creaky! You are finding the changes needed to give you success. I admire the changes you made to take care of your mother. Try to save every cent you can. Try to work on your friendships. When your mother dies, it's like losing your identity. You will no longer be her caregiver. Keep your other interests alive as much as you can. Love your mother and yourself. Dr. Atul Gawande wrote Being Mortal and now has a YOUTUBE video about it. Discussing end of life issues honestly with her doctors and your own will help you. Nutrition will help you through it in health so you can survive your mother and enjoy your life. God bless you.
VivianS

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals