Gaining thinnest at 67

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Gaining thinnest at 67

Postby RebaRox » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:04 pm

beautiful here in flagstaff
rained during night and today sweet smell of fresh air and pines.
I always have more energy when its cool weather, the heat (only in the 80's) makes me tired'
i started day off with grapes and broccoli curry i made yesterday, love to eat it cold so tasty!
i working on getting refig and cabinets set-up to follow the rules of this diet. I have been eating
a few nuts everyday and did have some Brazil nut this am with last piece of 70% dark choc i had-1 small square and 3 brazilnuts
- i like making soups or stews that i can just eat out of a jar. less i have to fuss over food the better!
Iv lost about 50# over the last 5 yrs since starting a plant-based but didnt get really serious about diet till
last yr when my brother got dx with breast cancer. My sister 5 yr ago had also had breast cancer and has successfully
conquered that so far tho i worry about her and my brother as they still eat a lot of dairy. but that open my eyes both
of them having breast cancer..i decided to give up dairy that day and for last 9 mos have been about 99.8 strict on the diet
most failures come when with my family that live about 300miles in the Valley of the Sun in phx area. they surprised me for my
june birthday with cupcakes...was too hard to resist but i only had 2 then gave the rest away ....since then i have learned to make sugar free - plant based muffins for the occasion i want some sweets, but pretty rare as even with date or banana &non sweeten applesauce sweeteners it still effects my blood sugar. other then that i havent been doing very much add sweetener to any of my foods most of the time i dont see the need for them. Iv been pretty much salt and oil free and of course no animal products. Im working on eliminating flour from diet. Iv been working on my cooking skill during the pandemic an have learned a lot thru chef AJ and Chef Katie mae. Joined the CSA and get weekly box of veggies.
i finally got my cholesterol down to 160 --lowest iv been in yrs. my other labs such as CRP way down also lowest its been in years. Have noticed a lot of my inflammation as dec. and only c/o now is some numbness in foot pads under my toes, but think thats more to do with hips being out of alignment and cant get to chiropractor right now due to covid.
im at 190# right now so would like to lose about at least 50 more lbs. but last 3 mos have just fluctuated a lb up or down so been trying to figure out what i need to do. so reading info here I see that i have a few items i need to start doing
1. move more, get more excercise in so well start with the 30mins of excercise a day and proceed from there
2. eliminate the nuts, tofu from diet.
3. include more starchy veggies in diet.
4. continue eating the greens and veggies im eating.
5. drink more water.
6. no snacking between meals
7. stop eating at 7pm( which i already do)
8. get to bed by 10pm
so thats a start...Hopefully well continue to learn from this website what other things i can do.
Good thing about pandemic is that i dont eat out and very rarely order take out,
I just made some red lentil Dal with lots of veggies and greens added. well eat that for lunch and dinner with big salads ...lots of raw veggies .. i usually just use balsamic vinegar for dsg.
raining again so plan to ride my stationary bike for exercise, if and when it clears again well go for walk.
reba
RebaRox

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals