JaydaMax Personal Log

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

JaydaMax Personal Log

Postby JaydaMax » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:31 pm

I was on plan for 10 days and fell hard. Vegan pizza with a high fat added sugar vegan dessert yesterday. CRAP! This led to drinking some high calorie high sugar vegan coffee creamer this morning when normally I only have 1 large iced decaf latte (made at home) with a carefully measured 3/4 cup of plain 30 cal almond milk. Water is usually my beverage of choice.

I don't get it, I know better. I had lost 70 lbs following a WFPB eating style and 1 little injury through me into a pity party of vegan junk food that's lasted for 15 months. Now I've gained back 40 of those pounds and it's a battle to eat healthy foods that I really do love. So far today after the latte incident I've been right on plan.

Started lunch with watermelon, strawberries and cuties, had zucchini, yellow squash, and broccoli (hugh bowl) with a baked sweet potato recooked in the airfryer. I probably had way too much fruit but I'm learning to work the new airfryer and I was starving after my 4 mile run.
JaydaMax

Re: JaydaMax Personal Log

Postby *Valerie* » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:36 pm

I'm new here and have only finished day 3. However, it sounds to me like you have done this before and can do it again. Your gains are really inspiring to me, that's a lot of weight to lose, well done!

Your lunch sounds yummy. I've just learned that planning is going to be important going forward, having things ready for those hungry moments.

Good luck. Keep trying and keep posting.
*Valerie*

Postby JaydaMax » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 pm

Today was a really good day. I stayed on target and when my hubby offered me some SAD cookies I turned him down with a reminder to both of us that eating them will just make me feel bad in more than 1 way. :D

So I had my iced decaf latte with 3/4 cup 30 cal almond milk.

I ran 4 miles, outside because the fitness center here is closed again temporarily, ugh, hills and no air conditioning! :lol:

I had salad with balsamic vinegar (like a pound of salad and that's a small one for me), air fried sweet potato and 2 ears of corn for brunch about 11am.

I snacked a watermelon around 2.

Dinner was baked russets air fried as wedges, steamed zucchini, yellow squash and spinach.

I've baked 5lbs of russets in the instapot for meal prep. :D

Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. yes
Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. yes
Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. yes
Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). always
Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). yes
Eliminate any added oil. had a bit of cooking spray in the air fryer
Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. yes
Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). no, that latte every morning is the only calories I drink, it's water the rest of the day
Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
yes
Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). yes, I run 5-6 days aweek and walk the dogs 2x day for about 30 minutes.
JaydaMax

Postby JaydaMax » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:16 pm

So I gained this week, 2.6 lbs. I've made unhealthy choices during the week and that's reflected on the scale. I've exercised around 2 hours a day so it really is like Dr. MacDougall says - it's the food. I just watched the cram circuit webinar with Dr. Doug Lisle and it helps to understand I'm not some failure with no will power (although that is a factor), my biology is literally working against my best health interest. I'm going to really try to be aware when I'm feeling those cravings and a desire to keep eating even when I'm not really hungry. I'm just feeling so out of control regarding food right now that I'm going to have to be hyper-vigilant about what I'm putting into my body. Tomorrow is a new chance to make good, healthy choices all day, not just until dinner and then going off the rails.
JaydaMax

Postby JaydaMax » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:21 pm

I had a loss this week and I feel pretty good about it, now I'm back to where I started weight wise. I have 2 things that are the most difficult for me. The first is that 1 cup of decaf with almond creamer or almond milk every morning. I enjoy it even though I know I'm drinking extra calories. The second is late night snacking. Around 8-930 pm I want snacks, microwave popcorn, bread and peanut butter or sugary something or other. This is the absolute hardest for me. This week I've bought some apples, nectarines, grapes, oranges and bananas to snack on. I know the snacking needs to stop but having a low calorie density snack is so much better for me than the alternatives. I'm just trying to make better choices until they're all the right ones and it's just what I do. I want it to be automatic.
JaydaMax

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals