Doreen's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Doreen's Journal

Postby chef16 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Missed yesterdays journal.
Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit and maple syrup, coffee with soy milk
Lunch: grilled eggplant and nectarines, water
Dinner: vegan tacos, black beans and rice , corn, water
snack: Lara apple pie bar and tea
coffee with nondairy creamer
I have not been very organized lately with my food prep which is leaving me going hungry(which gets me in trouble )or eating things that are not on the program. Mostly the highly processed foods.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit and maple syrup ,coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch: baked potato, tomato, onion and taco sauce, corn, baked beans ,water
Dinner: corn with hot sauce, ice water, frozen banana with fat free chocolate drizzle
Snacks: pretzel bits with peanut butter
finish the peanut butter and pretzel bits will not be buying more any time soon.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:25 pm

Breakfast: black coffee
Lunch: Bowl of fruit and beans and rice, grilled veggies, boca taco meat and salsa, water
Dinner: boiled potatoes, baked beans ,corn and tossed salad with fat free dressing ,water, banana
snack: frozen banana with fat free chocolate drizzle , coffee with nonfat creamer
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 pm

Breakfast: boiled potatoes and pinto beans , coffee and nondairy creamer
Lunch:
Dinner: tossed salad with fat free Italian dressing, pasta and fat free sauce , green beans with mushrooms, ice tea
Snacks: 3 cinnamon candies
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Breakfast: Oat meal with apples, flax seeds and dried cranberries, maple syrup and cinnamon. coffee and non dairy creamer
Lunch: whole wheat spinach pasta, tossed salad with chickpeas and salsa, broccoli and water
Dinner: corn, steamed potatoes, and baked beans, ice water
Snacks: melon
lost 3# that makes 30# since June 7. Not to bad!
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Breakfast :
Lunch: veggie pizza with cauliflower crust(no cheese) balsamic glaze. peach tea, apple
Dinner: corn, egg roll in a bowl, rice, ice tea, and frozen banana with chocolate drizzle
Snacks: apple cider slushie// cold left over baked beans on a wasa cracker.
Got up late today so I missed breakfast. Went to the farmers market so I had to have a slushie.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:13 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal, blueberries and coconut sugar, coffee with soy milk
Lunch: veggie burger( lettuce ,tomato onion, mustard and ketchup on a bun) ice tea, peach
Dinner: corn and ice tea, frozen banana with chocolate drizzle
Snacks: 1 tbsp peanut butter
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:46 pm

Breakfast: air fried potatoes, pinto beans with peppers, sliced tomatoes and coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch: pasta with marinara, broccoli , fruit, and water
Dinner: vegan chili, corn, watermelon and ice tea
Snack:2 root beer barrels and a cinnamon candy
Being back at work is hard . There are to many temptations and the things I can eat , I do not know what is in them(oil or cheese). I work in a cafeteria and with covid we can not bring a lunch or even a personal water bottle from home and everything is portioned into boxes or are individual serving packets( no fat free dressings)I am just hungry until I get home. Today I had chili cooking in the crock pot, so when I got home I had something ready to eat. If I am not prepared I could be in trouble real quick.
Doreen
chef16

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 am

chef16 wrote:with covid we can not bring a lunch or even a personal water bottle from home and everything is portioned into boxes or are individual serving packets ( no fat free dressings) I am just hungry until I get home.

Oh man, that would be so hard for me! Not allowed to bring food from home...yikes! and at a job where you're busy and active...oof. Are you allowed to bring something straight from the grocery store, that you can nuke? Like, grab a sweet potato and one of those steam in bag broccoli bites? Anyway, it's awesome that you're holding it together like you are. Well done, and keep it up!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby chef16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Missed journaling yesterday.
Breakfast:
Lunch: veggie burger with mustard and ketchup, ice water
Dinner: Melon, lentil sloppy joe on a whole grain bun, boiled potatoes , squash and tomatoes and ice tea
Snacks ; peaches and coffee with nondairy creamer
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:22 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:
chef16 wrote:with covid we can not bring a lunch or even a personal water bottle from home and everything is portioned into boxes or are individual serving packets ( no fat free dressings) I am just hungry until I get home.

Oh man, that would be so hard for me! Not allowed to bring food from home...yikes! and at a job where you're busy and active...oof. Are you allowed to bring something straight from the grocery store, that you can nuke? Like, grab a sweet potato and one of those steam in bag broccoli bites? Anyway, it's awesome that you're holding it together like you are. Well done, and keep it up!

At this time we are not allowed to bring anything in. Every thing is packaged in the kitchen or served into a to go box and into a bag .All drinks are bottled, except coffee and tea, some one serves that. They have tents setup out side for social distancing, only 200 people allowed in the building at a time. We are washing our hands and sanitizing our areas every 30 min. When the students leave we sanitize the tables and chairs. A lot of work and a lot different.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:11 am

Breakfast: Oatmeal and blueberries, maple syrup, coffee and nondairy creamer
Lunch: pasta with sauce and chick peas and olives
Dinner: veggie sloppy joe and 1/4c oat milk ice cream, ice tea
Snack:
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:44 pm

Breakfast: Melon, Hash Browns, fresh sliced tomatoes, pinto black beans and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: pasta and sauce, Kale ,chickpeas, onions, olives, and water
Dinner: Goulash (chili with brown rice macaroni) tossed salad with fat free dressing, ice tea and a peach
Snack: mixed fruit salad
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Breakfast: coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: vegan burger and ice tea, trader joes watermelon jerky
Dinner: 3 ears of corn with hot sauce, slice of whole grain toast with lettuce ,onion and tomatoes, ice tea, strawberries
Snacks: baked corn tortilla chips and vegan cheese sauce and ice water
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries ,strawberries and peaches and maple syrup ,coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch :left over goulash, peaches, ice water
Dinner Whole wheat roll with peanut butter and no sugar peach preserves and ice water
Snacks: hummus and red peppers and fat free pretzels
Doreen
chef16

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals