Doreen's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Doreen's Journal

Postby chef16 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:50 pm

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit ,oatmeal coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: Wheat berry salad , mashed potatoes, sloppy joes And sparkling water
Dinner: boiled potatoes and corn on the cob, ice tea and bananas with chocolate drizzle
Snacks:6 pretzel bites
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:28 pm

Breakfast: Watermelon, hash browns, curried chick peas and peas, tomatoes and onions, hot tea w/ tsp honey
Lunch: brown rice and quinoa bowl, humus ,tomatoes, black olives and rocket, strawberry lemonade
Dinner: corn with hot sauce, ice tea
Snacks: sweet potato chips and blackberry lemonade
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:05 pm

Breakfast: Peaches and blueberries ,oatmeal,1 tsp coconut sugar and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: wheat berry salad, lettuce, chickpeas ,olives(5), and balsamic vinegar, ice water, grapefruit
Dinner: corn chowder ,corn on the cob, frozen bananas with a drizzle of fat free chocolate syrup, sparkling water
Snacks: ff pretzel pieces(6)and a Tbsp of peanut butter, coffee and non dairy creamer
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Breakfast: Bowl of watermelon , home fries with onion and peppers, pinto beans with onions and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch:
Dinner: veggie soup, Farro with tomatoes and roasted zucchini, portabella roasted with tomatoes , garlic onions and hot peppers and balsamic, ice water, frozen bananas with drizzle of ff chocolate
Snacks: peaches and ice tea
I didn't eat lunch today because I was trying out some new recipes and taste testing. Made some baba ganoush, rice cauliflower pilaf, huge pot of veggie soup for the week and cooked a large batch of farro. I also made a big batch of hummus. I am starting to feel so much better eating this way.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal ,blueberries and bananas with a little maple syrup and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: vegetable soup and 2 apples , ice water
Dinner: salad with balsamic( lettuce ,tomatoes ,onion, cukes, mushrooms and a couple olives) , 3corn on the cob and air fried zucchini and ice tea
snacks: frozen chocolate dipped banana and a tsp of peanut butter
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:35 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries, bananas and maple syrup, coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: Vegetable soup , watermelon, whole grain toast with avocado and tomatoes, ice water
Dinner: tossed salad with balsamic ,air fried zucchini, boiled potatoes and corn, ice tea, frozen banana with chocolate drizzle
2 more pounds this week. That is 24 since the beginning of June. Not to bad' but I wish it was a little more.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Missed yesterdays journal.
Breakfast: oatmeal with peaches and coconut sugar and coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch: vegetable soup, whole grain pita , nectarines, and ice water
Dinner:1/2 cantaloupe, Grilled portabella mushroom with tomatoes and balsamic, corn ,and ice tea
Snack: 1/2 pita with hummus
Doreen
chef16

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi Doreen,

These look like pretty good menus. How are you liking things the McDougall way? How's the energy ;) and clear thinking, and aches & pains? :D
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby chef16 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Breakfast :
Lunch: pizza (cauliflower crust, oil free sauce, veggies and a balsamic drizzle) water
Dinner :Whole wheat pasta with mushroom sauce, tossed salad with balsamic vinegar, watermelon and ice tea
Snacks: frozen banana with chocolate drizzle and tbsp peanut butter, and coffee with non dairy creamer
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:28 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:Hi Doreen,

These look like pretty good menus. How are you liking things the McDougall way? How's the energy ;) and clear thinking, and aches & pains? :D

Hi
I am still trying to figure out how to answer people and other things on this site. I have no experience with computers.
So if this is wrong sorry.
I really like this way of eating. You do not have to keep track of every little thing. I don't have to know how many calories I have had or how many points I have left, I can just eat. I have been feeling much better and I do have a lot more energy. I can't wait to lose more . I have a lot to lose and I think it will be possible this time. Fingers crossed!
Doreen
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Breakfast: wasa bread with a table spoon peanut butter and a teaspoon of strawberry jelly , coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: Melon, left over pasta with mushroom sauce, ice water
Dinner: air fries with catsup, mustard and onions, ice tea, frozen bananas with chocolate drizzle
Snacks: air fried potatoes with catsup
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal with berries, peaches and bananas with a little maple syrup, coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: Rice bowl ( steamed brown rice , fresh salsa ,and black beans) ice water
Dinner: brown rice with steamed veggies and a sesame sauce ,corn on the cob ,watermelon and ice tea
Snacks: 2 tbsp guacamole and some tortilla chips
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:38 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal and fruit with coconut sugar, and coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch: pasta with mushroom sauce ice tea, watermelon
Dinner: tossed salad with balsamic and corn, water, peaches
Snacks: hummus and pretzels, bottle of water
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 pm

Breakfast: hash browns (oil free),sliced tomatoes and pinto beans with diced onions, and coffee with nondairy creamer, orange segments
Lunch: lettuce wraps ( mushrooms, onion, water chestnut and tvp sauce) brown rice and carrots, ice water, water melon
Dinner: corn, air fries with catsup and ice tea peaches
Snack: frozen banana with a drizzle of fat free chocolate sauce
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:30 pm

Breakfast: bowl of berries and peaches, potatoes ,onions black beans , kale and tomatoes ,coffee, nondairy creamer
Lunch: whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce , apple and ice tea
Dinner: Baked fries with catsup, green beans, roasted squash, baked beans and baked peaches and black berries with a little maple syrup, sparkling water
Snacks: whole wheat toast, avocado, and hot sauce, water
Doreen
chef16

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals