VeganVic MWL Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

VeganVic MWL Journal

Postby veganvic » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi All,

My Weigh-In for July 3 is 145.2

Goal weight is 138.

Have a great plant-based July 4th!
Last edited by veganvic on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veganvic

Re: VeganVic NML Journal

Postby veganvic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:29 pm

My posting for July 10, 2020.

At weigh-in this morning I was 1 lb. more than a week ago. :(

Obviously disappointing since I felt like I had a reasonable week in completing the 10-Point checklist. Not perfect, but much better. Hope next week is better.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :thumbsup:

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :thumbsup:

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :thumbsup:

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :thumbsup:

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :thumbsup:

6. Eliminate any added oil. :thumbsup:

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Had a whole wheat bun for my carrot dogs on July 4 & 5 and only 3-4 whole wheat crackers/melba toast.

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Could do better.

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :thumbsup:

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking) :thumbsup: Most days.
veganvic

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi! I just wanted to remind you - if you would like your weigh-in to be included in the weekly summary, be sure to post your report in the July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group.
Mark Cooper

Re: VeganVic NML Journal _July 17

Postby veganvic » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:53 am

My posting for July 17, 2020. This submission was also posted on the MWL forum page.

At weigh-in this morning I was 1 1/2 lb. less than a week ago. :-D

Would like to lose 4 1/2 more.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :thumbsup:

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :thumbsup:

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :thumbsup:

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :thumbsup:

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :thumbsup:

6. Eliminate any added oil. :thumbsup:

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :thumbsup:

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Doing better.

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :thumbsup:

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking) :thumbsup: Most days.
veganvic

Postby veganvic » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:23 am

Update for July 25 This was also posted on the MWL Forum.

July 3 145.2
July 10 146.2
July 18 144.8
July 25 144.6

Goal: 138

I had a better week and feel as if I am losing weight even though the scale shows minimal result. I hope you will continue the program for August. It really helps to have something positive to focus on during the Covid-19 times. Thank you!

This week I made Jeff’s MWL Marinara Sauce and put on brown rice. My husband loved it. Also, I made Longevity Soup which we both loved and are continuing to enjoy. Thank you, Jeff Novick.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Doing good for breakfast & lunch.

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Doing well on this. Overall eating lighter for dinner.

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Used no added sugar or salt other than some Braggs Liquid Aminos or light soy sauce. What do you think about Braggs Liquid Aminos? I haven’t seen anything officially posted about it.

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Definitely.

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Had tofu twice and (5) Brazil nuts once a month for cholesterol (Dr. Michael Greger).

6. Eliminate any added oil. Yes, no problem.

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Had one muffin for breakfast this week and a few wheat crackers. But overall, much less than before.

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Doing better here.

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Doing better here, too.

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking) Only 2 days that I did not get this in. Will do better next week.

Looking forward to a new week! Wish you all a good one. :-D
veganvic

Re: VeganVic MWL Journal

Postby veganvic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:43 pm

Update for July31 I also posted this submission in the MWL Forum.

July 3 145.2
July 10 146.2
July 18 144.8
July 25 144.6
July 31 144.6

Goal: 138

No loss this week, but I am thankful no gain. I worked the program pretty good, although not perfectly. My details are below. Hope to lose more in August.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Doing good for breakfast & lunch.

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Doing well on this. Trying to eat less overall, and that is challenging sometimes.

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Used no added sugar and minimal salt via light soy sauce or Braggs.

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Never plan to eat animal products again!

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Had small amount of tofu on two days.

6. Eliminate any added oil. Yes, no problem.

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Had one wholewheat muffin for breakfast this week and a few wheat crackers.

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Doing good.

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes.

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking) Had a good week. Only 1 day that I did not get this in. Hope the hurricane Isaias doesn’t cause a problem with my walking next week. With the pandemic I am not going to the gym. I do body weight exercises at home, but I know the intensity is lower than when at the gym.
veganvic

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals