LB MWL journey

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

LB MWL journey

Postby ltbrandon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:53 am

Start weight in May 157lbs

Friday, July 2nd - 143.8lbs
A big win for me!! 1. I've never been this light in my adult life
2. When I started this in May my start weight was 157lbs I had gain 6
pounds eating out of boredom in lockdown. All I was thinking about was
food, my calorie intake, and trying to maintain my physique. Finally,
thought, there has to be a simpler way!!! My research led me to MWL.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Not so great, I like to have a bite of everything on my fork at once. But there is always fruit with oats for breakfast, and a salad with my meals.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Everytime
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. 4. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :) I allow myself a bit of ketchup and salt. Very minimal.
5. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Done
6. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy) Done
7. Eliminate any added oil. Excellent
8. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :-D
9. Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Sometimes I have a bite of a cookie my daughter is eating :shock:
10. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself. I want to work on having frequent smaller meals. I've been eating 3 large ones.
11. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). I weightlift 3xs a week, and go in the garden every other day.
ltbrandon

Re: LB MWL journey

Postby Joanne_elon » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 am

Your weight loss is inspiring.
Just started July 1st with MWL. Have been
doing the regular starch solution with too many
Non compliant foods. Excited too see if I follow this
I will lose weight. Doing well this week..just want to see that scale
number go down on Friday.

Keep up your progress. :) .
Joanne_elon

Re: LB MWL journey

Postby jan_npr » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:40 am

Joanne_elon wrote:Your weight loss is inspiring.
Just started July 1st with MWL. Have been
doing the regular starch solution with too many
Non compliant foods. Excited too see if I follow this
I will lose weight. Doing well this week..just want to see that scale
number go down on Friday.

Keep up your progress. :) .

I'm like you Joanne. Had been doing regular starch solution for long enough that I needed something to keep me more compliant. Great to see other like-minded people here. I started here in May. Down 8 lbs. Slow but steady.
jan_npr

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals