Beeshell's Worth it Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Beeshell's Worth it Journal

Postby Beeshell » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:12 pm

hoping to find some success and stability through this program. First two days have been kind of hectic.

I eat primarily plant-based because of my husband who has heart issues - we adopted this approach several years ago. He is atypical for the heart issues, he is thin and a marathon runner. Despite that, he has 9 stents and has had a heart attack. I am the shopper and the cook and actually like eating this way better.

I have not been as strict as he has and have a sweet tooth.

Yesterday I was able to eat fruit at all 3 meals and not eat dark chocolate. Will count that as a success. :-D

I struggled both days with lack of preparation in terms of lunch - I shopped today and have potatoes and WW pasta to cook for future.

Made lentils last night along with broccoli and rice. Will be interested (?) for weigh in tomorrow.
Beeshell

Re: Beeshell's Worth it Journal

Postby Beeshell » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:23 pm

A 10-Point Checklist for Maximum Weight Loss

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.

1. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.

2. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.

3. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).

4. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).

5. Eliminate any added oil.

6.Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.

7. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).

Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Beeshell

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals