Earthmonkey journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Earthmonkey journal

Postby earthmonkey » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:04 pm

deleted
Last edited by earthmonkey on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

5'5" starting 207 Oct 27, 2020 :: Soft Goal 125
Looking for local encouragement buddies
earthmonkey

Re: Earthmonkey journal

Postby earthmonkey » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:03 pm

deleted
Last edited by earthmonkey on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

earthmonkey

Postby earthmonkey » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:06 pm

deleted
Last edited by earthmonkey on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

earthmonkey

Postby earthmonkey » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:42 am

deleted

earthmonkey

Postby earthmonkey » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:22 am

deleted

earthmonkey

Postby earthmonkey » Fri May 01, 2020 8:04 am

deleted
Last edited by earthmonkey on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

earthmonkey

Postby earthmonkey » Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 pm

deleted

earthmonkey

Postby earthmonkey » Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 am

deledted

earthmonkey

Postby earthmonkey » Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 am

deleted
Last edited by earthmonkey on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

earthmonkey

Re: Earthmonkey journal Autumn 2020

Postby earthmonkey » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:31 am

Weight: 203

Well....I have let me stress out in my eating. I've been very aware of a new pattern of binging which I truly had not expressed before in my life to this degree.So many factors contributing to the stress I've chosen to eat my way through, only to my own dissatisfaction with my own body. I have become the heaviest I have ever been: 203 pounds.

I have been experiencing symptoms of the weight that I had not before. Soreness in my feet and knees, sluggishness, feeling heavy in my belly, difficulty moving around. And I dislike it all. Where I live the wildfire smoke has taken our air hostage and it has been nearly impossible to exercise, that is, go for a walk, for over a month. This is disheartening, but I can't let it stop me entirely.

I read my favorite success stories, watch Forks Over Knives, read Chef AJ especially, and High Carb Hannah. They ARE inspiring and still I have chosen to eat what makes me feel poorly.

Another new moon, in Virgo, especially good for making health changes. My life worth living depends upon my state of health. I have control over my health. Thankfully I have money enough to buy foods that are healthy, and that doesn't mean fancy, it means potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, fresh green herbs, frozen fruits, oatmeal, quinoa, rice.

I have been writing in my own journal about how being fat, being heavy is an impediment to me expressing my full self. I inhibit myself. I am a counselor and life coach and my appearance is important to my work. It isn't the only thing, however as I make the shift from working as an employed person to a self-employed person, my image, my physical image does relate information to people, it is what people see and it is important that they see 'healthy'. Also, I am wanting to reclaim my beauty. I have been hiding under fat for a decade and I want to release this habit, no more hiding, from now forth, being pleased to let myself shine, letting myself be beautiful, it's ok to be radiant and beautiful.

earthmonkey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:50 pm

This is beautiful, Earthmonkey! Of course your beauty shines, and it's easier to let the world see it when you have confidence and internal joy...and THAT is easier when excess poundage slips away. And weightloss aside, following this plan closely will eliminate those aches and pains. I weigh another ???? lbs more than you and find the weight is slow to go away, but it was very quick and SO nice, to have my knee and feet not bothering me anymore. Of course, with this much weight on, there's still going to be knee issues, but it's just wonderful that it doesn't hurt just because it's a knee.

Keep going with this. I promise, weight loss is a side benefit. The best part about it IS the relief from ailments and aches.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby earthmonkey » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 am

Thanks Buns, I appreciate your posting. I am joining the October weigh-in and digging in to keep aligned with my goals!

earthmonkey

Re: Earthmonkey journal OCT 2020

Postby earthmonkey » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:05 am

After re-reading and rewatching videos about the Rice Diet, specifically regarding the Rosati group, I am using the inspiration to do it again, after my initial success of 2019. I have to remember that it feels very very good to not be heavy, not be fat, that the overall gift of lightness of being, of beauty, of ease of moving my body, of getting back into my kayak, of long distance hiking, of wearing clothing I love and feel beautiful in, of feeling attractive for the dating realm, are ALL worth the athletic effort of adhering to the rice dieta, as the Rosati's call it.

I don't have to wait until a new moon, or a full moon, or this or that reason. Every day is a new day. One day at a time is manageable and they build up.

I do know that planning my days food helps immensely and having all foods on hand. I also know that being compliant in every way helps me stick to it, it just does.

At this time I am sticking with the rice and fruit, probably not bringing in vegetables just yet. As the Rosati's integrate a little more sodium into their plan by including one cup non-dairy milk, I will use soy milk which I believe will also help me be more inclined to stick with the plan for the 30 days I am exploring.

B: 1/2 cups dried oats, 2 cups strawberries.
L:
D:

earthmonkey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:43 am

I don't have to wait until a new moon, or a full moon, or this or that reason. Every day is a new day. One day at a time is manageable and they build up.

This! When your mind is made up, you can start immediately. I'm excited to see how things go for you.

Can you recommend some of the videos you mention?

thanks,
Heidi
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby earthmonkey » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:19 am

I am pleased at this past week, which I am using as my starting point for what I am calling my pilgrimage to 125. I have been sticking with Rice Diet Solution (MWL and portion limits) grain and rice with some soy milk. I have not had coffee all this week, which I think helps because coffee can be a trigger food for me, I love it with a milk of some kind and adding soymilk adds calories and the taste of coffee inspires me to want foods I don't want to add to my body now.

I have shed 5 pounds since Monday. When I look at my 6 month goal to get to 125, I do all sorts of calculations, the average shedding of 3 pounds a week will get me there. I imagine it will be more first and taper off.

Walking daily is important. Or almost daily. And if I miss a day I walk double the next day. I am already finding that after a week of the RDS portions, I feel inspired to lessen some of the grain or fruit at some meals, usually dinner.

By the end of next week I will be back under 200 pounds which will be inspirational. I never will see 200 again. See ya 200.

earthmonkey

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals