Tian-De's Log

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Tian-De's MWL + Meditation Journal

Postby Tian-De » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:24 pm

April 30th, 2020

30 Days into MWL Program

A lazy rainy day.

I had a major breakthrough though, I was craving almond milk after drinking it last not for the first time in a while, and finally understood the "Pleasure Trap".

Lunch - Veggie Soup + Potatoes and Chili
Lunch 2 - Oat Meal, Buckwheat, and Bananas
Dinner - Hot Salad + Oven Fries + Airfried Chickpeas
Desert - Unsweetened Almond Milk + Cocoa Powder

MWL Program Guidelines
Today's total (7/10 Points)
This week's total (53/70)

1. Start each meal with Soup / Salad / Fruit -   :-)
2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert -  :-)  
3. Greatly Reduce Salt and Sugar -  :? BBQ sauce
4. Eliminate All Animal Foods -  :-)
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -   :-)
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils -   :-)
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -   :-(
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -   :? Unsweetened almond milk
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -   :-) So full by the end of the day.
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise -  An hour of Falun Dafa Qi-Gong meditation, not much moving around though. 1,300 steps.

11*. Don't casually mix in other things - :-D

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful -
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - 0 Days - Totally unfocused today. (3 day max)
2. Be Kind -
2.1 Didn't cuss - 2 days (Max 6)
2.2 Didn't watch TV shows with cussing - 1 Day (Note to self, one strike and it's off)
3. Have Forbearance -  Focused really hard on eliminating self-destructive thoughts. Felt much stronger, though a little sleepy because of the rain.
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 2 Day
世界需要真、善、忍
The World Needs Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Sat May 02, 2020 6:05 am

31 Days into MWL Program

Lots of walking around today. Finally cleared the fridge of all the C.R.A.P.

Breakfast - Oatmeal and Veggie Soup
Lunch - Oatmeal and Veggies
Snack - Oatmeal
Dinner - Veggie Gyoza (finally gone), Soba and hard tofu (finally gone)
Desert - Unsweetened Almond Milk + Cocoa Powder (trying to finish the almond milk)

MWL Program Guidelines
Today's total (5/10 Points)
This week's total (5/70)

1. Start each meal with Soup / Salad / Fruit -   :? didn't do this for dinner
2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert -  :-)  
3. Greatly Reduce Salt and Sugar -  :-)
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -   :-( leftover tofu
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils -   :-( Gyoza
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -   :-( Gyoza
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -   :-( Unsweetened almond milk
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -   :-)
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise -  :-) Evening walk 11,000+ steps.

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful -
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - 1 Days - Busy day. (3 day max)
2. Be Kind -
2.1 Didn't cuss - 3 days (Max 6)
3. Have Forbearance - 
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 2 Day
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Mon May 04, 2020 8:06 pm

May 4th, 2020

34 Days into MWL Program

Haven't logged in a few days, but have been fairly consistent following the 10 guidelines. Had several awesome runs. I've been feeling a lot lighter inside. I've also discovered several amazing dishes recently. I'm noticing that there are so many great things I can eat on this diet that I never knew existed. Here's a quick list:

1. Chocoaqua (made up word, no latte. get it?) - Cocoa Powder + Water in the milk frother. It's like chocolate tea. The first time I had it my body was like, "Hey? Where's the fat and sugar?" But now it's the most euphoric drink ever.

2. Khorasan Wheat - Wheat + chickpea + diced tomatoes + Okra. This is a wonderfully hearty, stick to your bones meal. After a long trail run today, this was the most wonderful recovery meal.

3. Buckwheat - Buckwheat heated for 10-12 minutes. The hardest things about this diet has been the lack of quick whole starch snacks. I love buckwheat because it's so easy to cook and it can hold me until dinner if I get hungry in the afternoon.

MWL Program Guidelines Last Several Days

1. Start each meal with Soup / Salad / Fruit -   :-) Lots of apples before meals, but sometimes I miss this step.
2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert - :-)   I usually add a lot of veggies into my grain dishes, but sometimes I just want to eat sweet potatoes and nothing else.
3. Greatly Reduce Salt and Sugar -  :-)
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -   :-)
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils -   :-)
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -   :-)
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -   :-) One soy milk over the past few days, but stopped drinking almond milk and drink Chocoaqua instead. Been drinking sparkling water mostly.
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -   :-) Doing way better with this, but I'm learning that I shouldn't eat foods that are too calorically dilute. This makes me super hungry the next day.
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise -  :-D   I stopped getting up early enough a few days there, but got some awesome runs in there.

11*. Don't casually mix in other things - Currently watching the Starch Solution video course :-D

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful -
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - Did better today. Instead of not doing my work while my wife watched our favorite drama, I got a lot of work done while listening passively.
2. Be Kind -
2.1 Didn't cuss - 6 days (Max 6)
3. Have Forbearance -  I started losing my cool a bit, but cooled things down by ignoring it instead of acknowledging the feeling.
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 6 Day
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue May 05, 2020 8:04 am

Hello there!

You have some really good, practical spiritual practice goals here. I love that you've got Forbearance and Kindness as daily goals. Also, not cussing or watching violent TV shows. So practical and down to earth.

Do you still practice QiGong? I think that is a fascinating discipline.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Tian-De » Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:Hello there!

You have some really good, practical spiritual practice goals here. I love that you've got Forbearance and Kindness as daily goals. Also, not cussing or watching violent TV shows. So practical and down to earth.

Do you still practice QiGong? I think that is a fascinating discipline.

Hi Buns, Thanks!

Yeah, not cussing is one of the hardest things for me. Eating lots of delicious veggies - easy. Not spurting out a four-lettered-word when I get stressed or stub my toe - not so much. I'm finding cussing and watching cussy TV shows are pretty closely connected. About ten years ago I realized that every time I quoted Eric Cartman from South Park, the thoughts and words weren't my own. Around that time I was obsessed with the Daoist concept of returning to ones true self and becoming a true person, so I knew I needed to clean out my head of all the things that didn't need to be in there. I stopped cussing for quite some times, but after I started watching more Marvel movies and superheroes drama, I've been finding it easier to cuss without thinking about it. I think getting negative thoughts are just as important to my long-term health and happiness as diet and exercise.

About QI-Gong, yes; I love it. I started practicing about 12 years ago. It's been the most stabilizing force. I try to practice at least an hour a day, at least when I can. When I first started I'd watch this video and practice every morning before going to class: https://en.falundafa.org/falun-dafa-video-audio.html
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Tue May 05, 2020 8:52 pm

May 5th, 2020

35 Days into MWL Program

MWL Program Guidelines

1. Start each meal with Soup / Salad / Fruit -   Didn't really do this today, too excised about eating.
2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert - I had straight oatmeal for breakfast, but my other meals were 50/50. Tempted to eat peanut butter for dessert, but had fruit instead.
3. Greatly Reduce Salt and Sugar -  Yes
4. Eliminate All Animal Foods -  Going strong.
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -  Yes
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils - A little bit in some leftover spaghetti sauce.
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -  Yes
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -  Yes!
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -  Doing well, but a little snack cravingy after dinner
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise - A 50 minute walk, 1 hour of Qi-Gong

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful - Somewhat unfocused today.
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - Super unfocused today.
2. Be Kind - Kept this in mind when my mind felt irritated.
2.1 Didn't cuss - 7 days (Max 7)
2.2 Didn't watch cussy TV shows - Doing better with this. My wife and I have been watching "Once Upon a Time". So far it's been a lot cleaner than the superhero shows I tend to watch on my own
3. Have Forbearance -  Did get annoyed when things distracted me from what I was doing.
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 7
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Thu May 07, 2020 6:40 am

May 6th, 2020

36 Days into MWL Program

Breakfast - Carrots then Oatmeal and Sweetpotatoes
Lunch - Apple + Oatmeal and Sweetpotatoes
Snack - Chickpeas
Dinner - Soba and Red Cabbage
Dessert - Chocolate Almond Milk

MWL Program Guidelines

1. Start each meal with Soup / Salad / Fruit -   For the most part, yes.
2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert - For the most part, yes, but had a can of chickpeas for a mid-afternoon snack.
3. Greatly Reduce Salt and Sugar -  Yes
4. Eliminate All Animal Foods -  Yes
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -  Yes
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils - yes
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -  Yes
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -  Made hot chocolate with maple syrup and almond milk, but learned a lesson. Got all hypoglycemiccy
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -  Probably ate less than I needed at work, which lead to some binging that night. Much of this was in my mind though.
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise - A 20 minute run, lots of walking at work, +15000 steps!

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful - Somewhat unfocused today.
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - Hyper FOcused
2. Be Kind - Kept this in mind when my mind felt irritated.
2.1 Didn't cuss - 8 days (New Max) Almost cussed on impulse, but held me tongue.
2.2 Didn't watch cussy TV shows - Yes!
3. Have Forbearance -  Supervisor made me feel like I was being treated like an untidy child, but I remembered to have forbearance, didn't say a word and even saw it as an opportunity to rise above. Later that day when we had to work together, we got along really well and I feel like a stronger person because of it.
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 8 Days
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Fri May 08, 2020 6:25 am

May 7th, 2020

37 Days into MWL Program

Had a great day! Walked a lot and burned a lot of calories at work, but didn't eat enough for dinner to be fully satiated.

Breakfast - Farro, and Vegetable Soup
Lunch - Farro and Vegetable Soup
Snack - Chickpeas
Dinner - Farro, Beans, and Tomatoes
Dessert - Peanut Butter

MWL Program Guidelines

1. Start each meal with Soup / Salad / Fruit -   Apples!
2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert - I did the 50-50 plate with a big bowl of veggie soup.
3. Greatly Reduce Salt and Sugar -  No Added Sugar
4. Eliminate All Animal Foods -  Yes
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -  No, I found the PB too tempting after thinking about it for a week.
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils - yes
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -  I really wanted to eat fired scallion pancakes at work, but restrained myself
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -  Good!
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -  Should have filled up more on Farro during dinner, before getting temped by PB.
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise -  +11000 steps!

11*. Don't casually mix in other things - Dr. Gregor recommends eating a small dinner to avoid putting on excess weight, but I think this made me hungrier for peanut butter when I wasn't fully full.

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful - Worked really hard and got a lot done.
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - Hyper Focused
2. Be Kind - Was good to my neighbor when she visited
2.1 Didn't cuss - 9 days (New Max) Not even an almost slip up.
3. Have Forbearance - 
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 9 Days
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Sat May 09, 2020 9:42 am

May 8th, 2020

38 Days into MWL Program

Fell off the wagon a bit today, but it was a good reminder of how the 10 guidelines are helping.

Brunch - Farro, tortillas, and pasta
Dinner - Hot Pot with mushrooms, wood ears, taro, potatoes, and greens, had too much peanut butter sauce.

MWL Program Guidelines

2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert - Lunch, not at all. Dinner, Yes!
4. Eliminate All Animal Foods -  Of course!
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -  No, Had a lot of PB sauce for my hot pot. BUT! When we were buying hot pot ingredients, I refrained from buying sesame paste or any of the salty, oily, sugary sauces in the asian grocery store. At the very least, I didn't bring more into the house.
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils - yes, but I wanted to add chili oil into my sauce.
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -  Lunch, not at all. Totally had a refined grain feast, felt tired and drained afterwards, and learned a good lesson
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -  Yup! Drank lots of hot pot soup though. :D
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -  Didn't prep enough grains in the morning to prevent a convenience food binge for lunch.
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise -  An hour of Falun Dafa meditation, +2900 steps. Not much movement. It was a cold and rainy day.

11*. Don't casually mix in other things - Good, but need to be better about prepping grains first thing in the morning

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful -
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - Super distracted during meeting. I wish the stay at home order was over.
2. Be Kind - If my wife and I have differing thoughts of how to do something, it doesn't hurt to put down my stubbornness and do things her way. Even if it isn't perfect, it's not like anything bad will happen.
2.1 Didn't cuss - 10 days (New Max) Didn't even think of the rule.
3. Have Forbearance - Almost failed today because I was tired, and it was rainy, and I just wanted to sleep, but instead of getting anxious I chose to ignore these thoughts. Because of this choice, I had a good afternoon.
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 10 Days -
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Sun May 10, 2020 8:40 pm

May 9-10th, 2020

40 Days into MWL Program

Down 8.5 pounds

Watched Doug Lisle's ego trap video. Found it really helpful. Had an awesome run today.

Breakfast - Oatmeal and Apples
Lunch - Taro and Taters + soup
Dinner - Rice and Vegetables

Snack - Rice cake
Lunch - Apples and Wheat+Veggies
Post-Run Meal - Big Salad with Chickpeas + Apples and Peanut Butter
Late Dinner - Farro

MWL Program Guidelines

2.50/50 Plate + Choose Fruit for Dessert - Mostly, once no.
4. Eliminate All Animal Foods -  Accidentally ate a rice cake that had gelatin in it.
5. Eliminate Fatty Plant Foods -  Had some peanut butter on my ables, but finished out the jar finally.
6. Eliminate Any Added Oils - Yes
7. Eliminate Calorie-Dense Foods -  Yeah!
8. Don't Drink Your Calories -  Yeah! I like unsweetened hot cocoa.
9. If You're Hungry, Eat! -  Oh yeah!
10. 30+ Minutes of Exercise -  Walked a lot and practiced Qi-Gong yesterday. Practiced meditation and ran a 5k today.

11*. Don't casually mix in other things - Yeah!

Spiritual Practice

1. Be Truthful -
1.1 Didn't surf the net during work hours - Finished a lot of work yesterday.
2. Be Kind - Chose to put down judgements about my friend today and had a great time.
2.1 Didn't cuss - 12 days (Woo-hoo)
2.2 Didn't watch cussy TV shows - Noticing when it comes up. Thinking that I should have strong thoughts to reject these words in my mind.
3. Have Forbearance - I need to learn how to not make compromises with myself so often. Often I know the best thing to do and the chose not to do it. I need to not give into the ego trap and realize that I'm not expected to be perfect, but I can strive to do better at any given moment.
3.1 Days without acknowledging into thoughts of anxiety - 12 Days (Had a lot of self-doubt during my run today, but managed to push through them and have an enlightening afternoon.
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Re: Tian-De's Log

Postby Tian-De » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:50 am

Dec 12:

FOOD
Breakfast: Carrots, B. Rice and Lentils
Lunch: Carrots, B. Rice and Lentils, mashed potatoes
Dinner: Rice and Lentils, a Banana

MWL Checklist

Weight change +/- in lbs: 169.5 -.5

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. 2/3
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. 2/3
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. 3/3
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). 2/3 Probably some cream in my wife's mashed tatters.
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). 2/3
6. Eliminate any added oil. 3/3
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. 2/3 Added a handful of raisins to some rice for flavor
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). 3/3
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. 3/3
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). 0/3

total: 22/30

SLEEP AND ACTIVITY
DC2: Day 6
C1: 10:30 - 2:00
C1-C2 gap.: Read and Meditated
C2: 5:13-7:05
C1-N1 gap: Breakfast w/ wife, video recording and editing
N1: 11:41-11:54 Dream: Birthdayparty, Swimming pool, "We're gonna make a big splash." Cannonball
N1-N2 gap: Lunch with wife, Read "Zhuan Falun: Ch. 4", Screened "Heroes"
N2: 5:11-5:32
N2-C1 gap: Ate leftovers, watched an episode of "Stargate SG-1", went out to help someoneone who fainted, Read "McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss, Ch. 3"
C1: 10:30-2:00
C1-C2 gap: Washed and dried clothes, did dishes, read first four sections of "Zhuan Falun, Ch. 5", I hour to go.

PRECEPTS:
Truthfulness: Was distracted at work for a few minutes, should work with back to window so my computer is more visible to others, making me less likely to drift
Compassion: Maybe a bit distant when I got home last night. Could have talked to my wife more instead of reading the news and watching TV.
Forbearance: I wanted to eat junkfood real bad last night, but asked myself, "Are you hungry enough to eat a banana?" Once the answer was yes. I ate the banana, and it was good. After the that, the asnwer was no, so I didn't eat. I felt a lot better. I should think about other areas of my life to apply this thinking.
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:24 am

Friday Dec 18th:

FOOD
Breakfast: Oatmeal and Apple
Lunch: Rice, Lentils, and Veggies + oranges and a banana
Dinner: Easy chili, Rice, Boiled Veggies, Pickled Cucumber, Kimchi, Rice Pudding

MWL Checklist

Weight change +/- in lbs: Today 166.2 lbs, 7 days before weigh in.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. 2/3
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. 2.5/3
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. 2/3 (Honey in Pudding)
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). 3/3 A hint of anchovie in two pieces of Kimchi
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). 2/3 Soy milk in pudding
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. 3/3 Almost had noodles for dinner, but made rice instead.
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). 2/3 Soymilk
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. 1/3 Maybe I stuffed myself for lunch and dinner, but maybe it was normal, I don't know.
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). .5/3 shoveled snow

total: 21/30

SLEEP AND ACTIVITY
DC2: Day 12
C1-C2 gap.: Watched TV
C1-N1 gap: Taught, Listened to "Remy"
N1: 11:44-12:02 Dream: I forget the content, but I remember seeing several faces before waking up, one looked like WInston Churchill
N1-N2 gap: Watched "Heroes" Taught
N2: 5:22-5:35 Rested on the way home, didn't fully sleep
N2-C1 gap: Ate rice, Watched a Taiwanese Drama, Read "Zhuan Falun" and Meditated, stretched with the wife
C1: 10:40-2:00
C1-C2 gap: Watched "Heroes" for a few minutes, went to the McDougall forum, 2 hours to go. I should practice Qi Gong before doing anything else. Update: I practiced meditation thanks to writing this log. ;-)

SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
Meditation: 2 Hours 5 Minutes
Reading: 30 Minutes

PRECEPTS:
Truthfulness: I shouldn't have listened to "Remy" at work. I'm totally in earworm mode now. I could have also used my Lunch break more effectively.
Compassion: Making rice instead of noodles not only helped me adhere to the guidelines, but also resulted in my wife having more good food to eat.
Forbearance: I'm having trouble with a student. I need to remember to see her strengths and not be too hard on her. If I am too hard on her, she may clam up and won't do as well this year. I need to reflect on how I can better guide her.
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:19 am

Sunday Dec 20th:

FOOD
Breakfast: Oatmeal, a banana, and blueberries
Lunch: Udon, Wakame, and Fruit
Dinner: Lentils, Celery and Fruit

MWL Checklist

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. 0/3 Too eager to get started
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. 3/3
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. 2/3 (My Udon was extremely salty)
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). 3/3
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). 3/3
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. 3/3 Does Udon count?
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). 3/3
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. 3/3 I was told to stay late at work yesterday, so I skipped my lentil lunch and ate out instead. While this lead to more salt, I avoided being left without compliant food for dinner, meaning I wouldn't make poor chooses then. I stayed full and happy all day.
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). 1/3 Got a lot of steps on my fitbit, but no specific exercise happened.

total: 21/30

SLEEP AND ACTIVITY
DC2: Day 15
C1-C2 gap.: Watched "Heroes" for a few minutes, went to the McDougall forum, practiced Qi Gong, read.
C1-N1 gap: Taught, read "Primary Perception"
N1: 11:44-12:00 SLept well
N1-N2 gap: Watched "ReasonTV", taught classes
N2: 5:12-5:32 Light sleep
N2-C1 gap: Ate lentils,
C1: 11:00-2:10
C1-C2 gap: Watched "PU 5 Minute Videos", went to the McDougall forum, 2 hours to go. I should practice Qi Gong before doing anything else. UPDATE: Meditated. Read. Thought about precepts I should practice daily.

SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
Meditation: 34 Minutes
Reading: 32 Minutes
Last edited by Tian-De on Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:16 am

FOOD
Breakfast: Oatmeal, an apple, and blueberries
Lunch: Vegetable soup, sticky rice
Snack: Scallion Pancake and Mochi :/
Dinner: Beans and Rice

MWL Checklist

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. 0/3 Too eager to get started
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. 2/3 very non-compliant snack
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. 2/3 (Mochi)
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). 2/3 Peanut Mochi
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. 2/3 Snack again
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. 3/3
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). 6/3 Went for a long hike.

total: 26/30

SLEEP AND ACTIVITY
DC2: Day 16
C1-C2 gap.: Watched "PU 5 Minute Videos", went to the McDougall forum, 2 hours to go. I should practice Qi Gong before doing anything else. UPDATE: Meditated. Read. Thought about precepts I should practice daily.
C1-N1 gap: Hiked"
N1: 11:44-12:00 Was woken up by loud music
N1-N2 gap: Ate a lot of soup and sticky rice
N2: 2:??-3:00 Snored (OFF TRACK NAP)
N2-C1 gap: Went to Sam's, got Chipotle, saw something amazing
C1: 11:20-2:00 Disturbed early on,
C1-C2 gap: Read "Zhuan Falun" Watched youtube, made this log , about two hours left

SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
Meditation: Minutes
Reading: About an hour

PRECEPTS:
Truthfulness: - Talked about bad habits from my past that should be left there, + Read instead of watching TV
Compassion: - Somewhat judgemental of others when buying groceries, + Went hiking with my neighbor
Forbearance: - Lost my nerve a little bit because I was woken up x2, - a little bit lazy and foggy headed during mid day :( ,
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

Postby Tian-De » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:12 am

FOOD
Breakfast: Oatmeal, an apple, and blueberries
Lunch: Oatmeal, an apple, and blueberries, veggie soup
Snack: Beans, rice and veggies, raisins :/
Dinner: Chinese scallion pancake

MWL Checklist

Weight change +/- in lbs: last week 166.2 lbs, 3 days before weigh in.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. 0/3 Too eager to get started, did use water.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. 2/3 very non-compliant dinner
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. 3/3
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). 3/3
6. Eliminate any added oil. 2/3 The dinner bread had oil
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. 1/3 Snack again and dinner
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. 1/3 didn't follow the principles after my snack and dinner
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). 0/3

total: 18/30

SLEEP AND ACTIVITY
DC2: Day 17
C1: 10:40 - 2:00
C1-C2 gap.: Read "Zhuan Falun" Watched youtube, made this log , meditated, watched "heroes"
C2: 5:13-7:00
C1-N1 gap: Went to class
N1: 11:43-12:07 When I woke up I thought it was night time, I slept so well.
N1-N2 gap: Group reading, saving videos for students, read "Premary perception"
N2: 5:10-5:34: Amazing nap
N2-C1 gap: saved videos , saw something amazing
C1: 11:20-2:00 Disturbed early on,
C1-C2 gap: Watched "Heroes", made this log , about two hours left

SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
Meditation: Minutes
Reading: About 50 minutes

PRECEPTS:
真Truthfulness: -Somewhat engrossed with studying economics
善 Compassion: +Participated group reading and shared afterward, +Considered selflessness a virtue and decided not to get aggitated when I went to bed too late.
忍 Tolerance: -Spend too much time in front of my computer screen
世界需要真、善、忍
Tian-De

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals