Alishana's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Alishana's journal

Postby alishana » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:37 pm

Yesterday I had :
B : rice, carrot, cucumber, nori
coffee
S : a banana
L : rice, veggies (brocolis, carrot, mushroom)
D : a bowl of lentils soup (green lentils, celery, carrot, onion, garlic and spinach), a plate of potatoes, rice, veggies (mushroom, zucchini, green beans, spinach, garlic) and an apple sauce

Today I had :
B : lentil soup
S : rice, nori, carrot
L : oatmeal with frozen raspberries and kiwi
D : a big salad (lettuce, spinach, corn, baked potatoes, cucumber, hummus), an apple sauce
I also meditate for 20min and did a cardio workout ! In general I feel good. I'm just so tired all the time.

In January I ate MWL 18 days/31 and worked out 8 days/31. My goal for February is just to do better !
alishana

Postby alishana » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:26 am

02/05 :
I had :
B : rice, hummus, lettuce and corn
L : couscous, corn, cucumber and other veggies
D : a sushi bowl
and I walked 3.5 miles (and it was fast because I was late!)

02/06 :
I had :
B : lentil soup and a spinach salad (spinach, corn and hummus)
L : cucumber sushi
D : salad (lettuce, spinach, corn, tomato) and onigiri (nori and corn) and an apple sauce

Because I'm on a plateau since the beginning of January. I need to focus on :
1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
Choose fruit for dessert.
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Let's go ! :thumbsup:
alishana

Postby alishana » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Today I had :
B : oatmeal with frozen raspberries
L : spinach, tomatoes, fries and steamed cabbage
I watched a couple of Plantiful Kiki’s videos on YT. She eats a lot of steamed white cabbage so I tried it (I used to eat it raw or in stir fry). It’s so good ! Very sweet.
S : green beans, corn, cherry tomatoes
D : fries, lettuce, steamed cabbage/brocolis/carrots

So about my 3 mains focus :
I ate more veggies than usual. For lunch and diner, my plates were 1/3 salad, 1/3 veggies and 1/3 starch. I chose veggies for snack. So it's like combining pt1 and 2. Now, I just need to eat some for breakfast too !
I didn't exercice. I wasn't feeling good today. Because it was sunny, I've walked a bit (30min) and cleaned all the house (does it count ? :lol: ).
alishana

Postby alishana » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:01 pm

I'm back at it ! I was doing great and stopped writing down what I eat. But writing is great accountability and I felt out of track. So it's me again. My main focus is to follow the 50/50 method.
Today I had (on a big appetite) :
B : rice and veggies (spinach, cucumber, tomatoes), coffee
L : rice, lettuce, veggies (onion, mushrooms, cabbage and spinach) and steamed zucchinis and a banana
S : sushi bowl (cucumber, see weed, carrots)
S : a banana
D : green beans, corn and chickpeas
alishana

Postby alishana » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Today I had :
B : rice, chickpeas, spinach and cucumber
L : rice, chickpeas, zucchinis, leftovers veggies from yesterday, green beans
D : veggie sushi (carrots, cucumber and red peper), soup (red lentils, leeks, potatoes, onion, butternut squash and curry powder) and veggies (brocolis, tomatoes, radishes)

I had a good 50/50 ratio, it was a great day !
alishana

Postby alishana » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:23 am

02/18
B : veggie sushi, brocolis, apple, radishes, carrots and cucumber
L : a bowl (rice, chickpeas, spinach, cucumber, apple, grilled pepper), an apple sauce
S : carrots and hummus (which had oil and tahini)
D : rice, veggies, potatoes with ketchup and hummus, a teaspoon of vegan nutella
So yesterday was not great. I had food I don’t want to and felt bad after it (emotionally and in my belly). I took the enneagram test for the first time and it looks like I’m a four. In the « advice » section of the website, they tell fours that they need discipline in their lives. It feels like it’s the story of my life ! Me feeling like I need discipline and structure and me doing it 2 days and stopping. They talked a lot about other stuff that really resonate with me.

02/19
B : rice, cucumber and sea weed
S : banana
L : veggies and red lentil soup, rice with seaweed
D : miso soup with mushrooms/spinach/onions, rice and seaweed, a salad (lettuce, orange pepper)
an apple and a banana with vegan nutella
So ok, I’m in a bad tangent. I’ve been at the same weight but I feel bad with my food choices. I think I need to refocus (and really focus on the 10points check list by doing 30min of exercice/day).
So I’ve decided to start a Mary’s mini to end February.
alishana

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 am

Your foods look pretty good overall. Maybe not the vegan nutella? But a Mini to end the month is a good move, IMO. I'm the same way, feeling icky after eating something off plan. Like, hyper aware of fat.

Keep it up!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby alishana » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:06 pm

For a few days I've been wanting to post again here what I eat and how I feel. So let's go !
(I'm mainly following the MWLP)

These day, I'm constantly craving big salads with roasted potatoes and hummus.
I always do hummus myself, I tend to eat it basic but sometimes I use spices or vegetables to change the flavour. I also tried to change the garbanzo beans for white beans and it came out good !
On my salads, I use oil-free dressings that I do myself. Here it's mustard, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, water and mirin.

04/25
L : salad (spinach, red cabbage, green beans, tomatoes, green onion, corn), roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes and hummus
D :
Snack : strawberries

10 Pt MWLP Checklist (As most of the days I didn't start my meals with a salad or a soup because of my appetite.)
10/10 :D

04/26
B : rice noodles with spinach/onion/tomatoes and mushrooms
L : Please excuse my dirty bowl ! It's the white bean hummus used as a dressing.
Salad (lettuce, red cabbage, green onion, apple, cucumber) and roasted potatoes.
Snack 1 : a pear
Snack 2 : leftovers from my salad lunch
Snack 3 : 2 sushis while I was doing them
D : Salad and sushi
I tried for the first time to put mushrooms and red cabbage in the sushis. It was good but not wonderful.

I felt good today. My taste buds are still adjusting to the simple food. (I haven't been home for 6 weeks because of Covid 19 and just came back on Wednesday. I wasn't able to cook for all of my meals).
10 Pt MWLP Checklist
09/10
alishana

Postby alishana » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:26 pm

27/04

B : sushis from last night diner and green beans, coffee
L : a salad and leftover sushi rice from last night with a nori sheet around it (so simple but so good)
S : the rest of my lunch salad and oatmeal with banana, cinnamon and apple
D : chilli bowl with rice and a salad

Today was a good day. This journal is great accountability: the avocado reallllllllllly called my name but I didn't had any !
I'm a bit stressed these days and it feels like I have a bigger appetite. I need to trust the rules and learn how to go with the flow !

10 Pt MWLP Checklist :
10/10 :mrgreen: (happy to say that I do the 50/50 method even for seconds, which was a struggle for me before)
alishana

Postby alishana » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:43 am

29/04

B :
L :
S1 : oatmeal with banana and apple
S2 : rice and seaweed
D : rice, seaweed and chickpeas like breakfast

10 Pt MWLP Checklist :
10/10 :mrgreen:
alishana

Postby alishana » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:57 pm

04/29

B : rice, spinach and garbanzo beans
L : chickpeas salad, """cesar""" salad and boiled potatoes
D : leftovers from lunch with zucchinis
Desert : apple sauce, some bananas and apple and oats sprinkled on top

It's so funny to sea how taste buds develop on this diet. I put just a tiny bit of nutritional yeast in my salad dressing at lunch to make a cesar salad and it really tasted like the real one. Even for the chickpea salad, it was without salt just some mustard, lemon and onion and it was so flavorfull !
I crave pasta, avocado and tofu so bad. AND BREAD. This journal keeps me from eating it and the locked down keeps me from impulsive grocerie store run so that's nice. I'm on the journey to lose the last 10lbs I need to be compliant even if I'm going to eat like the strach solution all my life. But I miss some of the higher caloric dense food.

10 Pt MWLP Checklist :
alishana

Postby alishana » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:33 pm

04/30

L :whole wheat pasta and veggies, salad
S : some of that pasta
D : a big salad (lettuce, brocolis, chickpeas, tomato, apple, onion)

Yesterday night and this morning/afternoon were rough. I was on automatic pilot and made some usual cozy pastas. It was good but really not that satisfying. The proof that emotional eating doesn't work ! I watched a video about epicurism and they were talking about virtue. They said that if we want to be happy, situations shouldn't influence our ability to choose virtue. Food for thoughts!

10 Pt MWLP Checklist
09/10
alishana

Postby Tian-De » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm

That's some tasty lookin' food!
世界需要真、善、忍
The World Needs Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance
Tian-De

Postby alishana » Fri May 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Thank you so much Tian-De !

05/01

I love the first of May! It an holiday were I live and come from.

B : Oatmeal with apple and cinnamon
L : salad, rice/chickpeas
S : applesauce
D : salad (iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion, brocolis, cucumber), white rice with soy sauce and some sliced roasted potatoes
Desert : applesauce and oats

Also I lost 2.2 lbs this past week ! I'm really happy about that. I feel good and light. I don't think about food. It's like having a clear mind.

10 Pt MWLP Checklist :
alishana

Postby alishana » Sun May 03, 2020 5:57 am

05/02

B : rice, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber
L : basically the same
D : oatmeal with apple, bananas, blueberries and cinnamon

It was a good day, very chill because I had a lot of cramps. Also I went grocerie shopping. I only bought food on plan and wasn't tempted at all by the rest. And it felt so good to see all the fresh produce like a rainbow of colors!

10 Pt MWLP Checklist :
Last edited by alishana on Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alishana

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals