Alishana's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Alishana's journal

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:24 am

alishana wrote:PS : For all the people reading, please excuse my poor english :oops: It's not a good excuse but I'm French !

Hi. I fell off the program the last week and gained a pound. The program works when we follow it. What are your favorite foods to eat now? Your English is fine too.

Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby alishana » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Today I had :
Breakfast : oatmeal with frozen raspberries/grappes
Lunch : rice and asian veggies
Diner : I was invited to a diner and I ate a lot of non compliant foods (like peanuts, oil, bread...). When I'm invited to a meal I tend to be like "now that I'm here I'm going to enjoy all the vegan foods available". But now I realize that what I eat is a choice and that I can choose the closest option possible.
This week made me realize how much being compliant is a choice and an attitude. I'm happy to see that I'm compliant when I'm home and when I bring food. Now I need to work on being compliant or the closest possible when I'm out.
Also this past mouth was SO busy : always out or with people. It's finally going to slow down.

Deweyswakms Thank you Marsha for this truth! You'r so right : the program works BUT we need to follow it. I'm with you on this journey for better choices !
My favorite foods to eat are : big salads (with greens, cucumber, tomatoes, corn, garbanzo beans...), rice dishes (sushi style, asian style, with chili) and potatoes. And you ? any favorites ?
alishana

Postby alishana » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:39 pm

So this weekend was a food mess. My in laws are leaving tonight so I'm going to be able to get back on track. It's been a pain eat out of the program this much. I feel nauseous. I have 2 pimples. Last night I had terrible sleep because of a headache and it happens all the times I eat my mother in law food for a few days in a row. It's good and vegan but it's greasy and I can't have this.
(I need to say that my in laws come from a culture where the food is very important. They cook to express their affection. We don't speak the same language and I don't see them often. For now, it would be kind of offensive to ask about having no-oil food when I eat with them.)
So yeah, getting back to normal schedules tomorrow (food wise but life wise too it's been a very busy month).
alishana

Postby alishana » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Today I had :
Breakfast/lunch : Lettuce, rice, chickpeas and couscous veggies, coffee
Early birthday diner : veggies sushis, rice/chickpeas, oatmeal/banana cookies

It was a good get back on track day !
alishana

Postby Ejeff » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 am

Way to go getting right back on track!
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby SilverDollar123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:54 am

Happy Birthday! :)
SilverDollar123

Postby alishana » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Yesterday was my birthday so a lot of celebrations ! I ate out with friends so it was with oils but I don't mind for this special time.

I had :
Breakfast : leftovers from the previous night : sushi and oatmeal/banana cookies
Lunch : at a cafe, lentil soup and bulgur salad
Snack : a kiwi
Diner : at a korean restaurant (kimchi, noodles with tofu, cake)

Today I had :
Breakfast : oatmeal with frozen raspberries
Lunch : rice, brocolis, couscous veggies, corn, chickpeas
Snack : an orange, a clementine
Snack 2 : carrots
Diner : rice, cucumber, nori
I had a meeting at 7pm to 9h30 pm and I didn't fall for the unhealthy snacks. Happy about that !

Thank you Ejeff !
Oh thank you so much SilverDollar123 that's so sweet !
alishana

Postby alishana » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:42 pm

Yesterday was a good day and I had :
B : oatmeal with cinnamon and a clementine
S : couscous with leeks, pepper, herbs, soy sauce and nutritional yeast
L : a big salad (lettuce, carrots, corn, chickpeas, tomatoes, leeks)
D : a big warm salad (lettuce, cucumber, chickpeas and grilled potatoes, brocolis, carrots, pepper)
patbanans cookies, apple sauce

Today I had :
B : oatmeal with frozen raspberries
L : rice, leeks and chickpeas
D : rice, chili (lentil, chickpeas, red beans, veggies) and a side salad (greens, onion, pepper)

Overall I feel good and so grateful to be able to be back on track. I feel like I need to have more diversity. I like this way of eating but it feels way more vibrant when I eat a lot of different things in the same plate (it can be a very little portion).
alishana

Postby alishana » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:00 pm

Today I had :
B : oatmeal with fruits (kiwi, raspberries, 1/2 apple)
L : rice, chili from yesterday (I made a big batch of it), lettuce, tomatoes, sweet onion
S : a clementine
D : fast food
Tonight I went to a friend's show and then we all ate together. Everything was closed except for fast foods restaurants so I had that with them. I really struggle with this kind of situations : I have to eat with them + I'm very hungry but I don't feel like fast food + the food don't even taste good but because it's convenient I still eat it. I was looking for a solution to this problem. My partner said that I should eat before I go out and then hangout with friends without eating. He also said that I need to assume my choices. I think it's great advice. I also need to always take food with me when I go out (even if I'm not hungry at that time). If someone reading has advice to assume their belief please tell me. (I watch Nina and Randa on youtube and they are always so confident with their food choices. I'm inspired.)

Oh and I did some yoga !
alishana

Postby alishana » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Today was a good day ! I meal prepped for the week, did some yoga, walked for 1h30 and meditate ! I'm a new women :mrgreen:
Today I had :
B : rice, corn, cucumber, tomatoes, sweet onion, marinated pepper
L : chili (still the same, it’s amazing), lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, brocolis
S : 3 clementines
D : carrot soup and some couscous, potatoes, lettuce, radishes, brocolis and chili
alishana

Postby alishana » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Today I had :
B : lettuce and tabouleh
S : an orange
L : brocolis, potatoes, chili, tabouleh
D : a big salad (lettuce, corn, cherry tomato, carrot, brocolis, marinated pepper, white sweet onion), an apple sauce, a kiwi
And I did some yoga ! A good day.
alishana

Postby alishana » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:05 pm

Today I had :
B : tabouleh with apple and marinated pepper
L : veggie sushi (homemade)
D : veggie sushi and a salad (lettuce, marinated pepper, chickpeas, sweet white onion)
Oat banana cookies and an apple sauce

I meditate and did some yoga !

And because it was so so good, a little picture :
alishana

Postby alishana » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:10 pm

B : oatmeal with raspberries
L : tabouleh, chickpeas, radish
D : salad (lettuce, carrot, hearts of palm, sweet white onion, cucumber, chickpeas) and rice/seaweed

Today I met with 2 friends and had chai tea with oat milk. I don’t drink it at home but I was fine with drinking it outside. But I just felt it so much ! I’m always so amazed to see how tastebuds and the « fat sensors » develop after eating clean for a few days in a row. I wonder if I’ll order herbal tea next time.
Also I watched few videos of Doug Lisle about social pressure and all of that. I feel very empowered and I’m so grateful for this ressources. I’m going to visit my family this weekend for my late birthday and I just asked for oil-free foods to my mom. I also asked a friend that I’ll met if I can bring diner because I won’t eat oil and she responded to me that she doesn’t eat it anymore either !! So happy !
alishana

Postby alishana » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Today :
B : Rice, chickpeas, cucumber
S : a banana
L : a salad (lettuce, carrots, palm hearts, sweet white onion, cucumber) and a bowl of rice
D : a salad (lettuce, mushrooms, red pepper) boiled potatoes, brocolis and fanel and for desert a baked apple. I also had a glass of mango juice

I’m so grateful ! I’m visiting my family this weekend and I told my mom and my dad about wanting oil-free food. I was afraid of my dad’s reaction but he was very comprehensive and chill about it. I feel so much more relaxed and at peace. When my in laws were in town I ate a lot of oil and had very bad headache. I think it’s going to stay as a turning point for me : putting my well being first.
And now that my parents know I feel confortable with don't eating stuff that I like (and that they know I do) but are making me sick or are not compliant. For exemple, tonight they had olives and bread and I didn’t had any ! So yeah so far so good !
alishana

Postby alishana » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:11 am

I was visiting my family and I'm really happy with my food choices. I had a majority of MWLP approved meals. When eating out, I had some avocado but still Starch Solution. I ate some oils without knowing it at friend and my father didn't understood "no oil" like "no oil at all" but more like "less oil". So I had some oil in salad dressings. Overall it's not perfect at all but way more compliant that usual so it's a good start.
Being offline for a few days made me realize how much writing out everything I eat is helping me. So I'm happy to get back at it. Since I didn't lost weight this week I also hope to see changes.
alishana

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals