Alishana's journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Alishana's journal

Postby alishana » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:17 am

05/11

B : leftovers
L : pok choi and miso soup and udon
S : apples and oats, 1 tangerine
D : salad (lettuce, mushrooms, cucmer and carrotts) and a casserole with potatoes and veggies

06/11

B : brown pasta, white beans, tomato and lettuce
L : leftovers of the casserole
S : 2 tangerines
D : my fiancé made my favorite tunisan dish (but MWLP appropiate :mrgreen: ) it's called macrouna arabia so brown pasta, tomato sauce, chickpeas, green pepper and potatoes. A side of salad (lettuce, mushrooms, carrots, cucumber and tomato)
Last edited by alishana on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alishana

Postby Ejeff » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:43 am

Hi Alishana,

Just wondered if you are still doing yoga? I have recently started doing just a short routine a couple times a week, but it is a nice exercise.

I notice you live in France. Last year we spent a month travelling all around France with my daughter and her boyfriend. She was living there with him for a year near Rouen. It’s such a lovely country, but not easy to find vegan food! When travelling we would pick up bread, veggies and hummus and eat that in our car. Now my daughter and her boyfriend are both living back in Canada.

Anyway just wanted to say hello :-D

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby alishana » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi Erin !

Thank so much for your kind words ! I really appreciate it.

I'm so happy that you and your family liked your time in France. I've never been in the Rouen area, I need to visit this part of my country ! In social settings or in the go, I usually find myself eating bread, hummus and veggies too :lol: Do you live in Canada ? Is vegan foods easy to find there ? Anyway Canada seems to have gourgeous landscapes, I'll love to visit one day.

I haven't done yoga in a few weeks but I've thought about it these past few days. We are back on lockdown in France and yoga is a nice way to move at home. Do you follow a routine online ? Maybe Yoga with adriene ? I really like her channel.

I can see on your "weight loss ticker" signature that you lost a lot of weight and are about to achieve your goal. Well done and so happy for you!
alishana

Postby Ejeff » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:38 am

Yes I live in Canada. I would say finding Vegan options here when dining out is easier than in France, but to be honest I rarely eat out because the food usually has oil and I try to avoid that as much as possible. You will definitely need to visit Canada. I live about 4 hours from the Rocky Mountains many beautiful hikes and scenic views that’s for sure.

I have seen Adrienne’s yoga channel, but right now I’ve been following SarahBethYoga. She has many videos, I like short routines lol.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby alishana » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi Erin,

Thank you so much for the recommendation, I'll check this out ! I sure love lakes and hikes. And thank you for the yoga link !

----

07/11

Brunch : leftovers macrouna arabia and lettuce
Diner : a big salad (lettuce, beans, chickpeas, mushrooms, carrots, cucumber, pepper), apples and pears with oats
I've walked !
Diner 2 : leftovers pasta, chinese cabbage, cucumber

09/10 MWLP (not only fruits for desert)

I've been craving tofu for the past few days. I'm going to have beans instead. I went grocery shopping and I'm happy to have fall produces : pears, apples, pumkin, grappes...
alishana

Postby alishana » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:56 pm

08/11

Brunch : lettuce, leek, brown pasta (tomato, mushoorm, carrotts)
tangerine and grapes
S : leftovers pasta and lettuce
D : butternut squash soup and spring rolls

And I did some yoga !

10/10 :mrgreen:

09/11

B : spring rolls
L : leftovers pastas and veggies
S : apple/pears and oats, 2 tangerines
D : leftover butturnut soup, salad (lettuce, radishes, cucumber, onion, mushrooms, peppers)

And I did some yoga and walking !

alishana

Postby alishana » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:23 pm

10/11

Brunch : brown pasta, mushrooms, pepper, onion, pok choi, asian cabbage
S : latte and leftovers pasta from my friend (seems to have oil) :thumbsdown:
D : out : vegan bo bun (surely some oil and some tofu)

I walked a lot !

7/10 or less :duh:
alishana

Postby alishana » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:48 pm

11/11

B : cherries tomatoes
L : miso soup, salad and rice
D : veggies and potatoes, hummus (with tahin), a pear

I walked.

09/10

12/11

B : rice and veggies
L : mushrooms and brown pasta and hummus (with tahin and not 50/50) :thumbsdown:
S : grappes and cherries tomatoes
D : pasta salad and grappes

I walked !

08/10

O So this past few days are not very good. I need to learn consistency. Also, my scales wasn't fonctionning properly so I bought a new one and I'm heavier that I thought. It made me feel a bit discouraged.
alishana

Postby alishana » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:15 pm

13/11

Brunch : a big pasta salad with a lot of veggies
S : grappes
D : veggies sushis (some with avocado, it was gifted by a friend)
I walked !

09/10

14/11

B : leftovers pasta salad and grappes
L : "cheesy" pasta (soy sauce, garlic powder and nutritional yeast), lettuce, pear and veggies
S : makis (had avocado), leftovers pastas
D : miso soup with veggies
S : grappes and cherries tomatoes
I walked !

09/10

Today I was hungry all the fricking day. I don't have a big appetite so it was king of strange.
alishana

Postby alishana » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:48 pm

15/11

Brunch : spaghetti (mushrooms, tomatoes and brussels sprout - first time I'v tried in my life !) and salad
Diner : same pasta and salad (lettuce, radish, cucumber, mushroom)
I did a little bit of yoga.
I feel lighter and I feel less fat on my legs and belly. Kind of nice :thumbsup:

MWLP : 09,5/10 (not a lot of movement)
alishana

Postby alishana » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:48 pm

11/16

L : leftover spaghettis and salad (lettuce, veggies, pear)
S : oat cookies (oat/banana/cinammon), blueberries, grappes
D : cucumber, carrots, brown pasta, veggies, potatoes
I walked !

Finally 10/10 on the MWLP today ! I'm happy about that. Also, I've started a meditation practice. It wans't for the weigh loss but I think that it's going to help me with self control and discovering behavior patterns.
alishana

Postby alishana » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:31 pm

17/11

Brunch : leftovers pasta and veggies/potatoes
Snack : 2 oats/banana cookies, blueberries, grapes
Diner : sushis (some with avocado), miso soup, cabbage
Desert : grapes
I walked !

9/10

Usually, I'm the one in charge of food at my house. I cook, decide what we eat and go grocerie shopping. Since I've started a new job 2 mounth ago, I sometimes finish work late. Most of the time, my fiancé cook but tonight and some other nights he has no time and we order food. So that's the avocado of tonight ! This past weeks, the change of schedule stressed me but now that I feel fine, I plan to meal prep on the mornings to have compliant meals for diner.
Also, today I've received some nice compliments at work. Usually this would have made me want to celebrate with food. I didn't had this fever today and I'm so glad. I also almost ask to order only cucumber sushis but I didn't want to bother and didn't ask. Now, I think that it's a bit stupid and that I need to "choose me" for simple things like that. Next time, I'll be bold and go against the "bad" routines.
alishana

Postby JeffN » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi

Congratulations on all your efforts

Just to clarify, the oatmeal cookies are most likely calorie dense, especially if you are using dry rolled oats and would not be acceptable on MWL.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby alishana » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:04 am

Thank you very much Jeff ! I didn't know. I appreciate that you took the time to make me know.

18/11

Brunch : salad (veggies, pasta, corn), onigiri
S : fruits and 2 oats cookies
D : miso soup, onigiri and veggies
I've walked.
09/10

19/11

B : an onigiri (not 50/50)
L : miso soup, salad (lettuce, veggies and pasta), onigiri
I've walked.
09/10

20/11

L : salad, brown pasta and veggie miso soup
S : tangerine
D : a big mess
I've walked.
06/10
alishana

Postby alishana » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 pm

Well hi again. This past year I've gained gradually 5kg (around 10lbs) and I'd like to lose them. I've been trying to do it my one way but it doesn't work. So, I'm back on the MWLP. I feel like a weight is lifting off my shoulders because I know the guidelines and I'm going to do it.

04/30

B : herbal tea
L : veggie soup, boulgour with tomato/onion/cucmber/mint and frozen veggies/mushrooms
S : veggie soup
D : salad, cherries tomatoes, brown pasta with tomato sauce and veggies

It was a very painful period day today so I wasn't active.
09/10
alishana

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals