Linda's MWL journal for 1/2020

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Linda's MWL journal for 1/2020

Postby LAO7 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 am

1/4/2020 Sunday

I've been about 95% compliant. Ran into problems yesterday - spouse fell twice - so I was preoccupied caring for him and didn't find time to log into my journal or hit the grocery store for some needed veggies & fruits. It seems that just when I make up my mind to really, really do something, that is when the universe throws me curve balls and off I go. But my mantra this year is consistency and patience. I think I will need to add 'kindness to self.'

I have had oatmeal and grapefruit consistently and will probably remain with that breakfast - my new boring rut (used to be grapenuts) until I find something else. A rut isn't so bad; it solves the problem of having to think about what to have and in this case, isn't so tantalizing that I am tempted to want more. Cinnamon and cardamom go a long way toward making oatmeal taste better than cardboard. I'm substituting vigorous cleaning for walking since I don't have a lot of time so need to accomplish something around the house. Also, to be honest, my stamina isn't what it used to be so I lose time resting between bouts of cleaning. It is sad to experience what it feels like getting older. You truly do have to fight to stay in place.

No lunch yesterday; but today I will have something before I get too hungry and want to eat the kitchen sink. It has only been nearly 70 years (!) for me to realize that once I start to think of food, even if I don't feel hungry at the time of the thought, it means I'm going to get really hungry in the very near future and need to head it off at the pass!

Last night, I had pasta noodles, crushed plain tomato sauce with oregano, broccoli and carrots for dinner along with a grapefruit.

And so, now on to the rest of the day.

1/3/2020

Beginning: 5'5", 256.5
Weighed in this morning at 256.5. Neither gained nor lost over the holidays eating my old diet :D of small pieces of salmon, veg., potato, and ice cream.
Remained salt free yesterday when I signed up to be on this list.
Next week will be my first full week if my 'new' diet.
My intention for this coming week is to make certain I do not get hungry by the end of the work day, when I'm really vulnerable to the candy lying around the office.
LAO7

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals