Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby AnnetteW » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:18 pm

serene wrote:Spending the day alternating between cleaning house and goofing off (which to me means reading, catching up on the forums, playing my tablet game, etc.). It's awesome to have a day completely free of plans.

It may be the power of suggestion, but I feel like my chronic pain is a little less lately. I'm a little sad that it didn't just disappear the way it does for some people after a couple weeks, but I think it's better, and I suspect it will get even better once my body has less internal fat to burn, because after all, metabolizing my own body fat isn't completely different from eating fat, so I'll be patient.

I think I noticed the pain gone around at around 6 months. I agree, it took longer than others made it out to be. I'm still waiting for my eczema/psoriasis/rosacea to magically clear up, but I have to admit my skin is so much better. My scalp is almost totally clear of psoriasis, the rest is totally tolerable (until the next flare)
AnnetteW

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Serene, I noticed that you eat a lot of Korean food. That is my favorite type of cuisine! The salt is a bit high, but oh so tasty. If you can figure out a good japchae sauce without sesame seed oil, I am all in.

On plan again today. Grape nuts for breakfast, lentil soup for lunch, tacos for afternoon snack, and pasta for dinner. Also had jicama to munch on in the car.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 am

Thanks for the recipe Lindsey. Yesterday was compliant. Leftover curry rice casserole with added spinach for lunch and some cookies. Brussels sprouts on the side. Snack some more cookies. I baked sweet potato cookies with ginger and molasses, they turned out good. Dinner, big salad with sweet potatoe for the starch and piece of avacado toast. Popcorn for a snack and some more cookies.

Brussel sprouts were a fail lol. I cut them in half and air fried them with balsamic vinegar and spices, but they are still too hard. I’m going to have to steam them in the microwave for a bit to get them softer. I don’t know what the secret is maybe next time I will first steam them until slightly soft and then air fry for a bit...
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby AnnetteW » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:01 am

Checking in. Weight this morning is exactly the same as yesterday, 147.5, so that's good.

We did end up eating out at our favorite Indian restaurant for lunch so I skipped my dinner and just ate raw veggies when I was having the "dinner munchies." That is truly the best I can do, and will choose to do. I eat vegetarian at the restaurant.

Yesterday's diet plan:
Breakfast - 7 grain cereal, blueberries
Lunch - 2 plates at the Indian Buffet
Dinner - plate of raw veggies
AnnetteW

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:46 pm

So strange, I know I posted here this morning, before going to my journal. Hm.

Did okay over the weekend, with a little bit of high fat on Saturday: store bought hummus on bread; dolmathes from the antipasto bar at the store; an avocado. I did have chocolate, but quite a bit less than usual.

D: Not chicken soup
B: grits with berries
L: GOMBBS bowl.

the GOMBBS is a Fuhrmann thing, I think. Greens, Onions, Mushrooms, Beans, Berries, Seeds. Well Your World has it as G-BOMBS same thing. Today I made roasted acorn squash the foundation and put frozen spinach,l minced red onion, chopped cloud mushrooms, tri-berry blend. No seeds, and my beans was some edamame on the side.

Super easy. I threw it together this morning because I forgot to make lunch before bedtime last night.

Exercise: Yoga 20 minutes
Meditation: quiet on my morning commute

Yoga instead of the gym, because there are too many people and I'm in an introversion right now ;)

bragging on myself: there was a birthday today at work and I didn't have a treat, and did not eat a treat when they were brought around to share.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby AnnetteW » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:20 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:
Yoga instead of the gym, because there are too many people and I'm in an introversion right now ;)

May I ask if this really is a thing, because that's kind of how I'm feeling right now. Today is the 2nd day I don't want to go to the gym, I just want to be by myself at home.
AnnetteW

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:28 am

serene wrote:Way to go, buns! I steered clear of birthday treats at work, too! We rock.

We totally ROCK Serene! Ya babay!

D: Not chicken soup; saltines
B: oatmeal w. berries; banana
L: Moroccan Sweet Potato Stew

Exercise: yoga 20 min
Meditation: quiet drive to work

Yay for yoga! It sure warms up the body whew! And now I'm feeling all stretched out.

This video helped a lot. Main take away: Start the good habits and don't be too rough on yourself for the bad habits. I can diggit.
Doug Lisle on Food Addiction
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby AnnetteW » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:48 am

Weight 147 this morning, so back to my low.

Food was relatively compliants:
Breakfast - mixed grain cereal, apple
Lunch - giant salad, baked potato, sweet potato, dal (I ate so much I didn't eat the rest of the afternoon)
Dinner - white pasta, tomato sauce with onions/mushroom, steamed veggies

Exercise - weights, spin bike
AnnetteW

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:09 am

Doing really well right now. Yoga is kicking my butt and leaving me so relaxed and stretched out. I love it.

D: quesadilla style; corn; salsa
S: a banana after yoga
B: grits w. berries; an apple
L: Moroccan sweet potato stew; a dinner roll
(yesterday's lunch was the same and left me feeling hungry really soon)

Exercise: 15 minutes yoga
Meditation: quiet drive to work; awake time in bed before getting up

I had a little bit of chocolate between dinner and bedtime.

Haven't stepped on the scale, but will do tomorrow.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:21 am

Hi everyone. Forgot to post yesterday. Another day of compliance. I’ve been eating a ton of beans lately! Tonight I’m making Italian bean soup, serving with baguette and a side salad. Breakfast was grape nuts, lunch will be a taco bowl.

My scale battery hasn’t been replaced yet, but that has really been a good thing, because of focusing on the scale I’m just making sure I get the food right, and I can tell that I’m slimming down. It’s just a little, those extra couple stubborn pounds, but even my husband has noticed. Gosh, those two phrases as so true: It’s the food and time and adherence.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Yesterday was not fully compliant for me. Ate out and had pasta, should have not eaten the garlic toast but I did. On a positive note, I didn’t overeat, brought a lot of the pasta home. Other than that day was compliant. Lunch was just boiled potatoes with a sauce made from white beans, vinegar and spices. After dinner snack was sweet potato with peanut butter and applesauce and healthy cookies. Been starting to do a bit more walking lately and some stretching. Just easing back into exercise after a bit of a hip issue.

Annette glad the scale is heading in the right direction for you and you got yourself to the gym.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Sandy Sue » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:51 pm

I am new and started the McDougall Program last week (December 1, 2019)

My goals are:

1. Lose at least 100 lbs.
2. Be able to walk without a cane
3. Cure my sleep apnea

12/11/19 Weight: 254 lbs.

Food log:

B- Oatmeal with chopped pear, whole wheat toast
L-Mashed potatoes, peas, bean burger (no bun)
D- Black beans, rice, tomato and lettuce salad, 2 Tb. guacamole
Snack- mixed vegetables
Sandy Sue

Postby AnnetteW » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Sandy Sue wrote:I am new and started the McDougall Program last week (December 1, 2019)

Welcome Sandy Sue.
AnnetteW

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Welcome, Sandy Sue!

Today was on plan. Grape nuts for breakfast, a little lentil soup for lunch, some burrito bowl for a snack, and four bowls of Italian bean soup for dinner with a small salad and bread. Yes, I ate way past the point of comfortably full. It was just oh so delicious. Pretty sure that my husband will complain in the morning that I was stinking up the bedroom all night, hahaha.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:50 am

Sandy Sue wrote:I am new and started the McDougall Program last week (December 1, 2019)

My goals are:

1. Lose at least 100 lbs.
2. Be able to walk without a cane
3. Cure my sleep apnea

12/11/19 Weight: 254 lbs.

Food log:

B- Oatmeal with chopped pear, whole wheat toast
L-Mashed potatoes, peas, bean burger (no bun)
D- Black beans, rice, tomato and lettuce salad, 2 Tb. guacamole
Snack- mixed vegetables

Hi Sandy Sue!

You're in the right place :nod:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum