Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:55 am

Doing great! Yoga is making the hugest difference in my day to day well being. Compliance is pretty good.

D: Like 3 bites of veggie sticks and hummus. veggie pho
B: oatmeal w. chocolate stirred in (taking Ejeff's advice)
L: Progresso Lentil soup over baked potatoes; fresh veggies

The hummus last night was store bought, so off plan for added fat.

Exercise: 20 minutes yoga
Meditation: during yoga and quiet drive time to work

Weight 240...starting to go down.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Shmookitty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 am

Sandy Sue, I am down 109 pounds (most lost before McDougalling), and I stopped needing my cane at about 85 pounds down. I have a collapsed disc in my lower spine. All the excess weight really did a number on my back. I started just by walking freely at my volunteer job in bits and pieces, then leaving the cane in the car when shopping, and it didn't take long before I didn't use it at all anymore. You can do it! :-D
My name is Renee, McDougalling starting October 5, 2019
Shmookitty

Postby AnnetteW » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 am

I saw a new low number on the scale this morning, 146.2 so I was quite pleased. But now I have a cold and am feeling miserable. I've always caught every cold that comes around, and they linger so long. I bought Umcka yesterday (just started feeling the tickle yesterday morning) so we'll see if it helps at all.

I was compliant yesterday, and I am trying to pay attention to each meal as an individual meal instead of the day as a whole. It got to around dinner time, my throat was sore and I didn't want dal (which is a bit spicy) so I airfried up 3 potatoes and made fries with ketchup, then I drank a couple cups of hot water with honey and lemon during the evening. In the past those carbs would have scared me so much, but I just drank the honey and didn't worry about it. Honey really is soothing to the throat, much more so than tea, which I find quite drying.

I guess I should be writing my rambles in my own journal.
AnnetteW

Postby Ejeff » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:30 am

I sure do eat a lot of food some days. I don’t mind that, except when I end up feeling too full. I did that yesterday at dinner time.

L: 3 slices of avocado toast on homemade bread with some tomato slices. Using garlic powder I did use much less salt. Some leftover pasta
S: 3 sweet potato cookies with herbal tea
D: brussel sprouts with lemon tofu coated with Panko crumbs. Some non-compliant taco chips and salsa. Sweet potato with peanut butter

I always want something sweet at the end. The sweet potato was far too much. I thought about grabbing a couple of raisins, but didn’t. I also have fresh fruit so could have made a better choice and not felt so full. I’m sure sometime in the day I also had 3 other cookies. In writing this out my snacking is rather overboard yikes.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Serene, that is so wise if you to check in here when you are feeling that way. I had a rough moment earlier (was out over lunch and did not bring anything with me) and managed to swing by Wendy’s for a baked potato. Depending on what you’re craving, there is usually a reasonable substitute that can work in a pinch.

Another on track day. Grape nuts for breakfast. An apple for lunch, plus the afore mentioned Wendy’s baked potato. Had a chocolate smoothie for an afternoon snack. Pasta for dinner, plus Chef AJ’s roasted Brussel sprouts and a little baguette.

Tomorrow is another busy day. As they say, no rest for the wicked!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:29 am

Serene, that's an amazing awesome idea...I also eat when I feel sick, but why not eat compliant foods? Mind Blown.

Proud of myself. Here's why. Yesterday we "launched" our new company vision and mission, and they provided giant hoagie sams with cookies and chips. I had a piece of the veggie sam, and actually grabbed two cookies. Took one nibble, and then marched them to the garbage. :nod:

Also, ate veggie samwich instead of the lentil soup and potato that I brought.

D: A GOMBBS bowl. Butternut squash, spinach, red onion, cloud ear shrooms, berries, punkin seeds. Quinoa.
B: grits with berries and a little bit of chocolate; coffee; cuties
L: I brought lentil stew over quinoa and some potatoes. My raw veggies.

Today the "facility" is hosting a thank you lunch for all tenants of the building. Catered by Wallaby's Steakhouse. Because it's a steakhouse, they have decent sides, but what will they have available at the event. I'll probably stick to what I brought.

Exercise: 20 minutes yoga
Meditation: I listened to "Three Little Birds"
by Bob Marley in both my airbuds, all the way to work. Oy I was in a joyful place when I got to work!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Ejeff » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:21 am

Last couple days have been good. Have been enjoying the Moroccan lentil soup from Lindsey’s recipe. It’s definitely a keeper. I have dropped the couple of pounds I gained while on vacation so that is nice.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:26 am

I’m glad you like the soup! It’s what I make for people when they have babies, are sick, etc. my 7 year old loves it. Simple with a unique spice combination.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:19 am

Yes the spice mixture is great, and my daughter who is just back home after a year away really loves it also. I do have a question though. I measured out the pound of lentils and it’s more like a stew than a soup. So next time I would probably use half the lentils so there is more liquid to enjoy. Do you normally use the full pound of lentils?

I could have added more broth, but didn’t want to dilute the lovely flavour :-)
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:30 pm

I use a full pound of lentils, but also have a small army to feed. You can always add more spices with more liquid to get it how you like. It’s a nice basic recipe that can easily to tweaked to your preference!
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Went to the neighborhood holiday party tonight. Took some kite hill spread with woven wheats and homemade tahini cookies. Had a little wine and ate few things that were vegan but not healthy. Managed to avoid the spinach artichoke dip, but man it was staring me in the face! Overall a success.

Tomorrow is our monthly WFPB pitch in. Looking forward to that, as usual.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:02 am

For a family lunch I made a couple new dessert recipes. The banana cream pie was very very good. Obviously much too high in fat, but for a treat that has no dairy the recipe is a keeper. The other dessert I made was just so so. It is supposed to be a cheesecake, but was more like a gelatine or mousse type texture. Won’t do much cooking for next couple days, although I am craving some sweet potato fries and something crunchy so will make some taco chips. Planning to steam some bok choy also.

Today is a large potluck family party. There will be lots of chicken and meatballs. I avoid all the meat of course. There will be a couple of salads I can eat and I will just not overeat.
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Had our monthly WFPB pitch in. So many delicious foods. Had too many black bean brownies, and the bean part was minuscule at best. Dinner was Chipotle (has oil), which has been our go-to meal-on-the-go, but they’ve changed their beans recipe and it’s soooo spicy now. The snow is falling now, and we’re expecting 4-6 inches, so tomorrow should be a nice day at home with hot cocoa and snowmen. I love waking up to a winter wonderland. Thinking about making split pea soup tomorrow. It just sounds good.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:10 am

I don’t normally eat breakfast, but yesterday I was hungry and didn’t want to go to the potluck with an empty stomach. So I quickly steamed up 3 bunches of bok choy and mixed that into the Moroccan lentil soup. Was delicious and a great way to get in a lot of greens. Potluck had more options than we expected, cabbage rolls, potatoes, sweet potatoes and salad. I ate too many desserts again need to stop that. Dinner was sweet potato fries, taco chips and salsa and last piece of the pie. It was delicious, but I’m glad it’s gone now.

Lindsey, enjoy the snowmen and cocoa with your family sounds so nice! We got out for a nice walk last night to see the lights at our legislature building. It was a bit chilly, but nice and refreshing. We have much snow than last year about a foot or so.
Ejeff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:54 am

A decent weekend. Not that I stayed completely on plan, because I ate potato chips, a couple of cookies, and a large brownie. BUT it was much better than weekends from the past couple of months, thanks to my self-limiting. ONE brownie, not all the brownies. Two cookies and that was all I wanted. Will not have more of those even though there are some left. Potato chips one time, not all weekend with an open bag of chips at my side. I also ate chocolate.

And I made big food...a YUMMY pot of lentil stew that turned out so delicious. Also, a big pot of chili for my son's church who were feeding the homeless. I kept a quart for myself and cooked macaroni for a big bowl of chili mac. :nod: YUMMY.

Didn't do yoga or any other active thing. I simply enjoyed my several hours of all alone in my own house time, watching TV and tangling.

D: moroccan sweet potato stew; pnut butter & Honey & potato chip samwich
B: potatoes; coffee
L: chili mac; faux parmesan

Exercise: 30 min yoga
Quiet time: 30 min reading; quiet drive to work.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals