Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi friends. Yesterday was on plan, I forget the details, but remember that nothing was with oil. Today was good, skipped breakfast again, finally got that Kroger trip done this morning, lunch was tacos, afternoon snack was grape nuts with raisins and a banana (essentially breakfast, but I’m the afternoon), and made a batch of vegetable soup to have for dinner with a baguette.

How did everyone else’s day go?
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:32 am

Yesterday was pretty good. I’m out of tahini so didn’t have my usual salad dressing so I took almost a full cucumber and blended that with ranch spices (onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, dill, parsley). Was not as good as my tahini dressing, but with some added siracha my lunch salad was very filling.

L: salad with corn, romaine, red cabbage, red onion, kale, slivered almonds, cucumber dressing
S: 5 banana cookies and a piece of lemon poppyseed loaf
D: whole wheat pasta and kale with smokey sauce made from potatoes, carrots, onion, sunflower seeds. Buckwheat with blueberries, homemade walnut milk, walnut pulp, date syrup, banana.

It was very handy to have the pasta sauce ready and in the fridge. I will put it over some broccoli today.

Okay after writing down everything I ate, I realized I ate way too much at dinner. After eating the buckwheat I was too full. I must get better at freezing things as I make them because I am constantly trying to use up things in the fridge. Jeff talks about this, freeze portions as you cook them so they are ready for next week or whenever you don’t want to cook.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:56 am

Yesterday was a blowout. I ate a high fat dinner...Chinese buffet :(

D: Chinese buffet. Ate WAY too much food.
B: Not hungry
L: lentil soup and saltines (?) or possibly broccoli oatmeal for the greens

I am doing fantastic with the no chocolate though 8) Not bringing it to work was the best decision. Cravings haven't been bad at all.

Today will be 100% on plan.

Meditation. A dream woke me in the middle of the night and I spent some time in prayer.
Exercise. Yoga...will report more tomorrow. I'm wanting to get back on a daily yoga habit. The gym can take a back burner for now.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:12 am

Well done, Serene!

Today was another on-plan day. Grape nuts for breakfast, tacos for lunch, a couple coconut balls for snacks, miso ramen for dinner and vegetable soup with bread for late night snack. Thankfully the soup is gone now, because it was essentially a WFPB version of colonoscopy prep. Seriously ripped though me like a tornado.

I need to switch out the coconut balls for just fruit at snack time. They are made out of dates and nuts. Quite yummy, but little calorie bombs.

Friday will be probably grape nuts for breakfast, tacos for lunch and some sort of leftovers for dinner. My husband makes pizza for the kids on Friday, on store bought crust with daiya. I personally think it tastes like greasy cardboard and am not tempted.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:43 am

I'm still here, just a bit off track. Not with non-compliant foods, just too many nuts/seeds and quantity. I ate a lots of yummy homemade 100% whole wheat sourdough bread with freshly ground almond butter and honey for a snack yesterday. Why? Dang, it's hard when your body is screaming "feed me", and that was shortly after a giant salad with black beans and also some tortilla shells. Obviously not "enough" carbs at the time and my body wanted more.

I'm going to focus on MWL.

Wt. 149 this morning.
AnnetteW

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:56 am

Yesterday was pretty good, though I did eat salted roasted nuts late in the evening.

D: lentil stew with rice; a can of butter beans
B: broccoli oatmeal
L: lentil stew; cutie oranges

Meditation: I was up early and combined my quiet time with yoga...I feel SO GOOD
Exercise: Yoga

I'll probably keep my Planet Fitness membership, but the gym just isn't turning me on at the moment. Yoga is a very good alone time thing, and it provides pretty good exercise. And I can do it in the morning before getting ready for work. I like early morning exercise a lot.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:58 am

AnnetteW wrote:I'm still here, just a bit off track. Not with non-compliant foods, just too many nuts/seeds and quantity. I ate a lots of yummy homemade 100% whole wheat sourdough bread with freshly ground almond butter and honey for a snack yesterday. Why? Dang, it's hard when your body is screaming "feed me", and that was shortly after a giant salad with black beans and also some tortilla shells. Obviously not "enough" carbs at the time and my body wanted more.

I'm going to focus on MWL.

Wt. 149 this morning.

Sounds like me with my can of butter beans about 10 minutes after a bowl of lentil stew and rice. :nod: hit the spot though!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:08 am

bunsofaluminum wrote:Sounds like me with my can of butter beans about 10 minutes after a bowl of lentil stew and rice. :nod: hit the spot though!

Yes, but that is 100% compliant and fat free. My almond butter and honey and ground grains (no matter that I baked it myself with loving thoughts) are not. But oh so yummy.
AnnetteW

Postby Ejeff » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:47 am

Down about half a pound for the week. Buffet was a bust yesterday. Main course was fine, didn’t over eat, but desserts...let’s just say I tried several haha. Had 2 drinks also. Lunch was very decent just leftover curry rice casserole with siracha sauce and a couple healthy cookies.

I made a big batch of cookies, I’m quite bad at following recipes. I’m calling them the kitchen sink cookies cause I used so many ingredients. Wet was bananas, walnut pulp (from when I made some milk), crushed pineapple, date paste (homemade). Dry ingredients ground rolled oats, ground flax seeds, ground chia seeds, bran, walnuts, almond slivers, raisins, sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Even though there is some chocolate there are maybe 2 chips per cookie. They turned out very tasty so no more baking for at least a week.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:33 am

Okay, so almost 100% MWL compliant yesterday, a bit extra fruit that's all...jeez.

Weight this morning was 148.4, I'm surprised it dropped any due to the amount of fiber still sitting in my gut from yesterday :mrgreen:

Breakfast - 1.5 cups of cooked barley, 1 cup blue berries, salt, dash of stevia
Lunch - large bowl of leftover dal (more souplike actually), leftover cooked cabbage, mixed them both together
Snack - 1.5 cups of cooked barley, 1 chopped apple, salt, dash of stevia
Dinner - cooked butternut squash, black beans/onions/peppers/salt
Exercise - yoga, functional fitness class, hula hoop

I did check Cronometer for my cals yesterday, as I was curious about the barley (650 for 1 cup dry, which is what I ate). I was just under 1500. No added fats definitely make a difference.
AnnetteW

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi all. Today went well. Grape nuts for breakfast, pasta for lunch, Moroccan lentil soup for dinner. I make a double batch of the soup for a pitch in tomorrow. My daughter told me that it’s her favorite. I’ve really had a craving for beans lately. Such an odd thing to crave!

Well done, Annette!
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:14 am

Serene, not sure if you need a potato salad recipe, but a friend of mine makes this one and it’s quite good:

Spiral’s Potato Salad

Tofu-Cashew Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar
1 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Maple syrup
2 teaspoons Black pepper
1 teaspoon Ground cumin
12 ounces Extra-firm tofu
1 cup Cashews soaked for 2 to 8 hours
1 teaspoon Lemon juice

Combine the above ingredients in a food processer. Add more seasoning or mustard to get the right taste. You don’t want it to be bland.

Potato Salad Base
4 pounds Unpeeled red potatoes cut into chunks, boiled until tender, possibly rinsed in cool water and then chilled in the refrigerator for as long as it takes for them to get cool.
8 Celery stalks chopped
6 Green onions chopped

Combine potatoes, celery, green onions and tofu-cashew mayonnaise and serve.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:01 am

Lindsey could you share the recipe for the Moroccan lentil soup?

Yesterday was busy, but good. Some late night eating, but all compliant. I will be eating sweet potatoes this week as I found a good sale and baked up a few. I was at a function yesterday and there were lots of temptations. Instead of making up a bun with all the deli meats and cheeses like most people did, I chose a whole wheat bun and had a pickle sandwich with mustard. It was very good lol. Also had a couple pieces of fruit and veggies too. I didn’t go near the baked goods table. So my strategy of deciding what I would eat ahead of time worked mostly. In my mind the plan would be nothing at all or fruits and veggies, but the bun was an okay choice. The other thing I did was take some healthy cookies to an evening event, that was a good plan also.
Ejeff

Postby AnnetteW » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:28 am

Wt down to 147.5 this morning, and though my food yesterday was not compliant, I was pretty careful about my selections so I wouldn't over eat.

Today is a new day and I'm looking forward to 100% compliance. My husband and I had planned on a trip to our favorite Indian restaurant, but he now has a cold and we won't be going. Good and bad all at once. I told him we can cook Indian tonight for dinner.

Yesterday I had:
Breakfast - oats, blueberries, stevia, salt
Lunch - brown rice, steamed veggies at restaurant (when I was done I could see a bit of oil on my dish...hmmmm)
Snack - potatoes and ketchup
Dinner - potluck, I just ate very little, tiniest amount of wine.
AnnetteW

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:28 am

Moroccan Lentil Soup
Mirepoix
Garlic
Veg broth/water (6 cups?)
1 lb lentils
Ras el hanout
More cinnamon, if desired
28 oz canned diced tomatoes (NSA)
Spinach

Sauté aromatics. Add in broth/water, lentils and spices. Cook until lentils are cooked through. Add tomatoes and spinach. Heat through and enjoy.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals