consistency is key

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

consistency is key

Postby forgood » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 am

Ramble:

Not sure what's going on with my insides, but think I might have endometriosis or something similar, or maybe not. But I get pain in my pelvic area, after I have emptied my bowels, I get cramps there and throw up. The doctor I went to said it was gastritis but don't think it's that, I've had whatever it is for years now and want to see if this diet can get rid of or reduce it.

To be honest, I get confused about which vegan diet to eat, some say more fats are needed, or more vegan protein, but being obese figure I probably don't need more fats in my diet, and I'm not a bodybuilder or athlete. So back to this diet, plus I have gallstones and a low fat diet is recommended. So this diet is probably best for my needs.

I just need to do this diet long enough to see how it works for me. So this is my daily log. I need to record what I eat daily, to see what I am honestly doing or struggling with.

I eat mostly plant based, my fridge and cabinets are full of plant based foods, and I don't have oil in my house, but then under stress I will treat myself to something awful like a pepperoni pizza, seems most of the time I'm eating good, or maybe I'm not eating as good as I think. So hopefully logging in my foods will help me see what I'm doing.

Things I need to wean off of: coffee, sugar free artificial drinks, flavorings.
Reduce the amount of sodium in food, I eat too much sodium, but then I drink like 2 gallons of liquids a day, cause the antipsychotic I'm on makes me thirsty, so maybe I'm flushing a lot of the sodium out?

I'm around 245-255 / 40 BMI, my weight fluctuates a lot 10 lbs up and down. Must be water weight. Eating more plant based at least has me not gaining weight, but I'm not losing, cause junk food stress eating, if I ate junk/fast food everyday, I would probably be 600 lbs by now.

Today is the start of my Day 1/ Week 1. Going to give this a chance, if I can at first stick to this for 6 weeks, with no or small mess up, like doing this to my best 90% or better.
forgood

Re: Day 1/week1

Postby forgood » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Day 1/ Week1

Reduced to just one cup coffee, one tablespoon sugar and non dairy creamer. ( normally, I have two)
Apple
Rice Noodles with broccoli, tofu, soy sauce, garlic, hot pepper flakes, a little unsweetened soy milk. ( 2 meals)

Fat 12%
Calories 1300

It's the evening, I am not hungry but might have a apple later or not.

I know tofu/unsweetened soymilk isn't low fat, but I have some to use up this week but won't eat it everyday.
forgood

Re: consistency is key

Postby AnnetteW » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:33 am

I hope to hear you are feeling better quickly. Stomach issues are definitely miserable.

I too gave up coffee, July 4 this year, I know because it was easy to do due to being sick from overindulging in junk food at a party. I couldn't stomach coffee for 2 days. Yes, I suffered a few headaches and felt "off" for a few weeks, but now it's not even a thought. I still do drink some caffeine in a full pot of green tea (made with only one tea bag, how much caffeine can it be?) But when the tea is gone I'll consider finding a caffeine free alternative, or not, I'm not sure yet.

You can do this, post a lot. My goal is a daily post (I slack on the weekend though). It helps to keep me accountable.

Wishing you all the best.
AnnetteW

Postby forgood » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Current Weight: 231

Have been losing but really slow. It's my fault, I have too many slip ups..

But most days I've been eating potatoes, broccoli and fruits. Kind of eat the same thing every day basically. Sometimes I do OMAD, but it's not on purpose, I'm just hungry only in evenings.

I have too many different accountabilities here, but guess I'll stick to this one.

No gym, can take walks, but it's like 100 most days where I live. So stretching and squats which I wonder if it makes any difference.

Also super busy working at home.
forgood

Postby flowerchild » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:43 pm

very confusing. where are the posts of what people are eating?
flowerchild

Postby forgood » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:30 pm

flowerchild wrote:very confusing. where are the posts of what people are eating?

sorry your confused, I abandoned this thread, don't know how to delete it.
forgood

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals