Caro's Sept 2019 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Caro's Sept 2019 Journal

Postby Caroveggie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:28 am

Lately I've been very busy helping my parents and with a new class, on top of work and seeing friends. I haven't cooked properly and tried to eat healthy but failed many times. I'm getting back on the wagon though. This morning I had chickpeas with fresh tomatoes from my friend's garden, and some garlic salt. It was delicious. I'm helping my parents again today but I intend to stay on McDougalling even though it takes a bit of prep work.

I cleaned a little bit this morning and have more chores to do to tidy the house and get some healthy food cooked today! My parents won't need my help the whole day today which means I'll finally have some time to clean and cook. My place has been a mess since I haven't had time to tend to it, or I've been too tired to. Anyway, I'm looking forward to having some good foods ready to go. Mashed potatoes, maybe a soup, brown rice, and maybe a pasta too. I also have to shop for fresh veggies since I'm nearly out of fresh ones.
Caroveggie

Postby Caroveggie » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:36 pm

I didn't feel like cooking yesterday but really enjoyed my day. To compensate, I bought a bunch of McDougall soups to get me through part of the week or at least until I cook again, which I might do tonight. I'd really like to make the mashed potatoes, and it'd be nice to have the chili made. I end up with so much and I can freeze the rest. The problem is I have to clean out a bunch of tupperwares in my fridge filled with old foods to make room for the new. I should just do it tonight. We'll see.

I'd like:

Mashed potatoes to eat with spinach and Trader Joe's Hatch Valley salsa,
chili to have for lunches
potato wedges/baked yams and potatoes for dinners

Thank goodness there are McDougall soup cups in the world. I'm really enjoying eating them. I really like the split pea, especially with a nuked potato.

Foodwise I'm doing good, but I am still pretty busy.
Caroveggie

Postby Caroveggie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:45 pm

I have soup cups yet again to save the day! I didn't feel like cooking so I didn't last night. Tonight I have a class, so no cooking tonight. Now I will be running out of soup cups though. I might just swing by somewhere and grab some more. The split pea is super delicious with a quick-cook sticky rice and soy sauce. It makes for a filling and quick, easy meal.

I also had chickpeas with tomatoes this morning. The tomatoes were from my friend's garden. Fresh tomatoes taste so much better than store bought. My favorite are dry-farmed, but I've only seen those at farmer's markets (occasionally), although one year I grew and dry-farmed my own, which turned out delicious!

Anyways, life is good. I wish I could find the McDougall's soup cups for under $2 but even the Safeways around here have them for $2 each. A few years ago they were only $1.50 each. Even though they were $2 I should have bought more, especially of the split pea. I might actually be forced to cook something. :wink:

I've been avoiding the scale but I will check back in either soon to get a starting place again or wait for a longer while so I can see some good improvement. I haven't been getting a lot of exercise - only a midday dog walk around Jack London Square, which is nice, but not enough.
Caroveggie

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals