A Princess Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: A Princess Journal

Postby Aprincess » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:56 am

sirdle wrote:I think the idea is that you can make your journal into whatever you want... whatever you think will help you achieve your goals.

Thanks, sirdle! :)
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:36 am

Ok, so here I am back again after realizing that I just can’t keep eating all the things (oily and sugary) and still lose weight. *sigh

I will be starting tomorrow, Jan 1, the first day of being 60 years old, a.k.a. the first day of the rest of my life. I’m going to journal my calorie density journey here... the good... the bad.. and the downright ugly. No, scratch that. It’s going to be GREAT! Stay tuned!!! :nod:
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby moonlight » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Aprincess wrote:Ok, so here I am back again after realizing that I just can’t keep eating all the things (oily and sugary) and still lose weight. *sigh

I will be starting tomorrow, Jan 1, the first day of being 60 years old, a.k.a. the first day of the rest of my life. I’m going to journal my calorie density journey here... the good... the bad.. and the downright ugly. No, scratch that. It’s going to be GREAT! Stay tuned!!! :nod:

Hi Amy,
Welcome back! I think it's great fun to keep a journal on this website. I'm close to your age. I turned 62 in November. Keeping engaged on this forum helps me stay accountable. Good luck with your renewed plan to eat healthier! Why does that seems so hard sometimes?!? When we feel so good when we do it!!
moonlight

Postby Aprincess » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:19 pm

serene wrote:Happy birthday and great success to you!
Thanks so much! Here’s to seeing less of us! Lol
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:22 pm

moonlight wrote:Hi Amy,
Welcome back! I think it's great fun to keep a journal on this website. I'm close to your age. I turned 62 in November. Keeping engaged on this forum helps me stay accountable. Good luck with your renewed plan to eat healthier! Why does that seems so hard sometimes?!? When we feel so good when we do it!!

Hi there! I think I remember your name from when I was on here last summer. Accountability is definitely what I need. Why do we always think if no one sees or no one knows, it doesn’t count? Smh... lol
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:42 am

Happy Birthday to me!!! Lol 60... wow. It’s so funny, I was telling my husband last night- For all the milestones of my life (hitting 30, 40, 50, and now 60), I can remember thinking when I turn ___ , I’m going to be thin. Every decade it was a priority and every decade I failed by following fads, taking pills and supplements, counting points, pure starvation at times, etc.

So, now I know better. I know the secret, at last. And, what did I do this month? Well, for starters I spent a LOT of time with my Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill was more of a father to me than my own Dad. He was a man of faith, who taught me about God and about putting others first. He was quick with a pun and quick with a laugh at his own puns that we all heard so often our eyes would roll. He was so loved by so many...

Uncle Bill found out, in November, that he had colon cancer that had aggressively traveled to his liver, lungs, and most likely his brain as he started having seizures. There was no treatment for this aggressive cancer at his advanced age of 83. So what did I do while watching him so quickly fade away? I ate all the oil and sugar I could which is probably what led to his affliction in the first place. I guess I felt that I “deserved” it because of all I was going through. Why oh why do we do that to ourselves? The food I was eating was pure poison, yet I felt I was getting a “treat”!

So, here I sit at 210 lbs, up from 201, but ready to learn from all of this. I need to start looking at healthy food as a treat because of all of the GOOD it does to my body. The garbage food is just that.. garbage. I need to keep that perspective.

Anyway, those are my birthday, and New Year’s Day thoughts. I wish everyone a happy healthy New Year filled with bad puns and LOTS of good healthy food!
Aprincess

Postby moonlight » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:17 am

Happy Birthday!! Were you born on January 1?

I totally understand the mentality to eat for comfort. Good luck with your goals! This diet is so healthy!!

In honor of your Uncle Bill, what kind of cake do people eat in heaven? Angel food cake, of course! :lol:
moonlight

Postby Aprincess » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:46 am

moonlight wrote:Happy Birthday!! Were you born on January 1?

I totally understand the mentality to eat for comfort. Good luck with your goals! This diet is so healthy!!

In honor of your Uncle Bill, what kind of cake do people eat in heaven? Angel food cake, of course! :lol:

Ha! That’s awesome!!! He would have loved it! And, yes, I was born the first day of 1960. My Dad was mad that I didn’t come sooner. Not only did I pull him away from New Year’s Eve celebrations, but I missed the tax deduction deadline, AND, I was the SECOND New Year baby born at the hospital so they missed out on all the special gifts. Lol
Aprincess

Postby AnnetteW » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:59 am

Happy Birthday! and welcome back. Very sorry to read about your Uncle. Take care of yourself and get healthy with us!
AnnetteW

Postby Aprincess » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:32 pm

AnnetteW wrote:Happy Birthday! and welcome back. Very sorry to read about your Uncle. Take care of yourself and get healthy with us!

Thank you so much, Annette! Happy New Year!!!
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:39 am

Wow! I did it! One full day of eating right and I even exercised! AND, it didn’t kill me!!!

Ok, so that’s a little dramatic. BUT, I did have a lot of opportunities to not do so well yesterday and I stuck to the mantras; “The fat you eat is the fat you wear”, and “No, Amy, sugar is poison for you!”, and I got through it.

Here is what I ate:

B: Banana
L: Huge Chopped Salad with Berries, Oat Groats, Navy Beans & Flavored Balsamic Vinegar
D: Roasted Veggies & Potatoes w/ Melissa’s Cheez Sauce
S: Banana

I also did 30 minutes of my Miracle Mile walking DVD.

Feeling: SOOOOO proud of myself!!!

Have a great day everyone! :-) :) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 am

Wow, two days of eating right with one minor slip up.

B: Banana
L: Huge chopped salad with oat groats, navy beans, and flavored vinegar
D: 3 Bean Chili over Steamed Baby Red Potatoes
S: Banana and a handful of Pistachios (ugh :oops: )

No exercise today. I simply ran out of time. I have to find a way to get it done early in the day before life happens.

But, the scale is going down! 209 today! I’m going to wait until next Friday to weigh again and try to stay off the scale in between. Weighing every day is good for me when I’m going off the rails because it shocks me back into compliance. But, when I know I’m eating right it’s best to stay off the scale so I don’t get discouraged if nothing is happening.

Have a great healthy day, Everyone! :) :-D :D :nod:
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:34 am

Holy Cow! This really works!

I weighed on Friday and I was 209.0. This Morning 205.0! I understand about the water and all but I’m so excited about this. AND, I don’t feel deprived at all. In fact, I feel fantastic! I am constantly busy around the house. I have no pain at all in my leg, hip and lower back. All inflammation seems to be gone from my body. I’ve had no wheat at all so that leads me to wonder if I have a problem with wheat and inflammation. That’s definitely something to pay attention to.

Anyway, onward and downward. Lol. Have a great day! :) :-D :D :nod:
Aprincess

Postby Zoey » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am

Hi Amy! I just started posting, and I wanted to tell you how I've enjoyed your journal. And wow, what a great weigh-in you had today. Congratulations!
Plus I love your story about your dad's frustrations about your birthday. He just couldn't catch a break. haha
So happy belated birthday to you!
Zoey

Postby Aprincess » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Zoey wrote:Hi Amy! I just started posting, and I wanted to tell you how I've enjoyed your journal. And wow, what a great weigh-in you had today. Congratulations!
Plus I love your story about your dad's frustrations about your birthday. He just couldn't catch a break. haha
So happy belated birthday to you!

Hi There!

Thanks for replying and for the happy birthday! So glad to meet you. I know what you mean about just starting to post. Have you been doing this way of eating for long? My husband and I have for about a year and a half now. He’s starting to look like a marathon runner (although he’s not!) and I’m still struggling with my weight. Lol I have to say, though, that since cutting out the sugar and oil it seems to be easier to stay on track. :) :-D :D
Aprincess

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals