Jeremiah's Captain's Log

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Jeremiah's Captain's Log

Postby sirdle » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:52 pm

There are many different paths to weight loss... if that is your primary goal.

I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,
:-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:42 am

No reason not to continue your journal. It is YOUR journal and you can write what you want.

I tried IF in the past, and I was doing Keto at the time. I was absolutely miserable. So obviously, everyone is different in that respect.

I do hope you keep up updated. Post occasionally if your weight keeps dropping. You also might find that after some time it doesn't work, or you want to take a break. Still interesting information.

Good luck, and I hope it keeps working for you.
AnnetteW

Postby BullFrog » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:12 pm

AnnetteW wrote:No reason not to continue your journal. It is YOUR journal and you can write what you want.

I tried IF in the past, and I was doing Keto at the time. I was absolutely miserable. So obviously, everyone is different in that respect.

I do hope you keep up updated. Post occasionally if your weight keeps dropping. You also might find that after some time it doesn't work, or you want to take a break. Still interesting information.

Good luck, and I hope it keeps working for you.

Thanks Annette for your comment. I meant to respond awhile back and never got around to it until now. I believe you are right and this, in the end, is my journal so I might as well write in it as I see fit! (BTW, I think Keto is terrible and I believe no one should do it even if they are doing IF).

So as of July 12th when I started intermittent fasting, i have lost 18 pounds. Here is the breakdown of the last few months:

May to July 12th I went from 232 to 221 mainly using the principles advocated in this forum. However, I still struggled with binge eating and deeply craved things like nut butters and truly had a hard time avoiding them.

July 12th (Began intermittent fasting) to October 2nd I went from 221 to 203. Almost cured my binge eating. If I want to indulge and have a lot of nut butters or more calorically dense food, then no problem. I simply eat them during my eating window. However, if I want to indulge during my fasting window, then I just remind myself that I only have to wait until tomorrow. Unlike before when I had a splurge meal and had to wait another 7 days before indulging, I only ever have to wait till the next day. These last 18 pounds have been the easiest for me to lose.

It feels good to be almost 30 pounds lighter. What is shocking is how much I realize I have to lose. When I initially started at 232, I was thinking once I got to 200 pounds (or 195 at the absolute lightest) I would be at the size I wanted based on the image I desired (I weight lift and do calisthenics regularly). But now that I am almost at 200, I realize a realistic weight goal is 185. Be that as it may, I love how much thinner I look. I like that my muscles are showing and sometimes when I turn sharply in front of the mirror I can actually see the bulging of the top two abdominal muscles. An amazing thing to see after not seeing them for 15 years!

So here I am now, just had a very large meal drizzled with a heaping dosage of tahini and even a small dessert afterwards and now I am fasting the rest of the day. I feel full, satisfied and felt like I indulged and yet I am eating healthy and losing weight. Will report once I break 200 and reach 199.
BullFrog

Postby BullFrog » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 am

This morning I weighed in at 198.8 lbs. Almost 34 pounds down from when I started in May and 22 pounds since I started Intermittent fasting in Mid-July.

I haven't been under 200 sounds since I was 21 (I am now 35). It's...surreal. It's definitely exciting but it's hard to believe that I saw those numbers on the scale. I also need to drill a new hole in my belt!

I also told myself that I would reward myself when I got under 200 pounds with new clothes. ALL of my clothes are too big. Exciting!

15 pounds more to go. I will post again once I reach 190.
BullFrog

Postby BullFrog » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:42 am

Last week I weighed 191 pounds which means I have lost 40 pounds since last summer. I have 11 more to go.

Never thought I would see the day where I made it under 200. Now I am just a little over 1 pound away from breaking 190!

Intermittent fasting has been a godsend. I hardly ever "binge" now although I do eat very large meals most of the time. I basically have an all around better relationship to food. And since I eat a lot more nut butters, I am starting to eat more salads. Basically I cannot stand salads that don't have a rich and fatty dressing (sorry balsamic, but you just are not enough!). So since I intermittent fast and keep my eating only to a certain window, I can afford those calories. BUT I don't like all the processed oil junk found in the store. So I have been making my own dressing by using tahini as the natural fat and creaminess I so CRAVE in a salad dressing. Just last night I had a MASSIVE salad for dinner with my tahini/dill/lemon dressing. YUM!

It's amazing how I am changing in the mirror. I am also sleeping better.

I'll post again once I get to 185.
BullFrog

Postby BullFrog » Thu May 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Well I now weigh 185. I am officially down 46 pounds. Yet again I am surprised at how much weight I was needing to lose. Initially, I thought 190 would be the spot, then 180 and now I realize I will likely need to be at 175 in order to have more of the muscular definition I am desiring. Either way, I am VERY excited to have settled into the mid 180's. I look at pictures from before and compare them to now and I just cannot believe the difference. I am actually out in the backyard with only shorts on while doing exercises. Me...no shirt??? I would have NEVER....EVER done something like that before. Absolutely NO way! Not even if no one was around and I was in my own backyard. I simply hated how I looked and was embarrassed. Now, I gladly take my shirt off and soak up all the vitamin D. Having the stretch marks are a bummer, but I don't care. I am looking better and better as I shed off this last bit of fat and my muscles show through. The stretch marks are battle wounds and good reminders.

Anyway, will report back in once I hit 180!
BullFrog

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals