Just do this

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Just do this

Postby forgood » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:03 pm

I am 255-260 Lbs. 5'6, female.

..and stick to it for awhile and give it a chance and then see how you feel.

Being fat is so uncomfortable on so many levels, that I want a quick fix to get me thin again, but it gets me nowhere. Like making plans to fast.

Also Keep trying to get higher fat vegan diets, and it obviously isn't working for me, because I end up binge eating on the high fat food item. Like vegan mayo or tahini. I can't keep those in my house and use them in moderation. Just can't and need to stop telling myself I can.

So here goes with just doing this diet and no trying to weasel my way out of it.

Got to give this diet a fair chance before I try something else.
forgood

Re: Just do this

Postby f00die » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 pm

im up late, watching foyles war,
thought id comment
nice video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHoPKQxbko
best advice ive found for those having a hard time
getting the program going
and this one
https://youtu.be/nSXAdJRdc8g?t=1350
its about changing what you consider "food"
and then getting healthier as a result
of putting that into practice
and the weightloss is a "side-effect" of
the improving health
f00die

Postby OOnaOwl » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 am

[quote="forgood"]I am 255-260 Lbs. 5'6, female.

..and stick to it for awhile and give it a chance and then see how you feel.

Being fat is so uncomfortable on so many levels, that I want a quick fix to get me thin again, but it gets me nowhere. Like making plans to fast.

Also Keep trying to get higher fat vegan diets, and it obviously isn't working for me, because I end up binge eating on the high fat food item. Like vegan mayo or tahini. I can't keep those in my house and use them in moderation. Just can't and need to stop telling myself I can.

So here goes with just doing this diet and no trying to weasel my way out of it.

Got to give this diet a fair chance before I try something else.[/quote

Sounds like a good approach! How long will you give it a chance? Wishing you health & happiness!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAKnwyn/]

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight" -Japanese proverb
OOnaOwl

Postby forgood » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:32 am

f00die wrote:im up late, watching foyles war,
thought id comment
nice video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHoPKQxbko
best advice ive found for those having a hard time
getting the program going
and this one
https://youtu.be/nSXAdJRdc8g?t=1350
its about changing what you consider "food"
and then getting healthier as a result
of putting that into practice
and the weightloss is a "side-effect" of
the improving health

Thanks for the motivating youtube videos!
forgood

Postby forgood » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:35 am

[/quote

Sounds like a good approach! How long will you give it a chance? Wishing you health & happiness![/quote]

Thanks, 3 to 6 months seems fair at least.

Today is my first day, counting April as the first month.

Having some potatoes and brussel sprouts for breakfast!
forgood

Postby forgood » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Eating more this way and my willpower to resist off foods is stronger. But need to keep track and be sure of what I'm doing on cronometer.com to make sure I'm on track. Only thing haven't noticed weight loss, but not gaining. Trying to just get this diet down.

Turned down cheese which is big deal for me, as I love cheese. Not getting junk food when I make pit stops like I used too.
forgood

Postby Ejeff » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:28 am

Good for you staying on plan! What do you feel yòu need to track in cronometer? Why do you want to do higher fat? And I agree, don’t buy those vegan products and then you won’t be tempted. They all have oil which is not recommended. Instead if you want something creamy make hummus, or purée cashews. For an even lower fat option, purée white beans with lemon and garlic. :)
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby forgood » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:19 pm

Starting over: Need to log what I eat somewhere to be more on track, had some off days.

Day 1
current weight:259 (weigh in once a week)

4 medium potatoes
frozen mixed vegetables
banana
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (to make potatoes creamy)
forgood

Postby forgood » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Ejeff wrote:Good for you staying on plan! What do you feel yòu need to track in cronometer? Why do you want to do higher fat? And I agree, don’t buy those vegan products and then you won’t be tempted. They all have oil which is not recommended. Instead if you want something creamy make hummus, or purée cashews. For an even lower fat option, purée white beans with lemon and garlic. :)

Hi, haven't been sticking to it as well as I should had some off days were I ate too much fat and crap. Thought tracking in cronometer.com would help, but not really. Not doing higher fat, out of higher fat foods, so no temptation there, it's just when I go shopping, shouldn't buy them. Today did good, starting over to keep track here, just listing what I eat.
forgood

Postby Ejeff » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 am

I am with you on the shopping. It all begins at the store, if you don’t buy the junk you won’t be tempted.I am not great at doing this, but one strategy I have tried is only buying what is written on my list. If it isn’t written down it cannot go in the cart. If you can be super disciplined at the store once a week, the daily at home food choices are so much easier as there is nothing unhealthy to reach for.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby forgood » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am

Got blood work 3 weeks ago, today got my blood test results from doctor. Everything was normal.
My b12 levels were elevated, so I can lay off on taking B12 so much.
Vitamin D was slightly low.
but that might increase as it's' getting warmer and the sun is intense here in the dessert.
forgood

Postby forgood » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:54 am

Ejeff wrote:I am with you on the shopping. It all begins at the store, if you don’t buy the junk you won’t be tempted.I am not great at doing this, but one strategy I have tried is only buying what is written on my list. If it isn’t written down it cannot go in the cart. If you can be super disciplined at the store once a week, the daily at home food choices are so much easier as there is nothing unhealthy to reach for.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try making a list and having a better idea by making some general meal plans.

I go into rationalization mode at the grocery store, telling myself, some vegan meats and cheeses are okay as treat every once in a while, but what I need is to just stick to this diet a good while and give it a chance, before treating myself to junk food.
forgood

Postby forgood » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Day 2

3 bananas
6 cups Calrose rice
mixed vegetables
broccoli
seasonings and soy sauce
Last edited by forgood on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgood

Postby forgood » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 pm

Day 3

Calrose rice with broccoli (4 cups)
bananas (2)
Ramen Noodles with shredded carrots
seasonings, soy sauce, garlic salt
forgood

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 am

forgood wrote:I go into rationalization mode at the grocery store, telling myself, some vegan meats and cheeses are okay as treat every once in a while, but what I need is to just stick to this diet a good while and give it a chance, before treating myself to junk food.

Oh I am EXACTLY the same. Not with fake meats and cheeses, but refined, processed vegan convenience foods. Why not have some crispy yummy breakfast biscuits on hand for the occasional breakfast? well for me anyway, I won't stop at one. I'll munch down the whole entire box! It's best to keep them completely out of the house. :nod:

Stick to this for a good long time, then have a "feast day" ... it doesn't really have to be junk food. For me Christmas is pistachios, nuts in shell, dark chocolate, and dates. Maybe eating these whole, low fat foods every day changes the taste buds so processed junky stuff doesn't taste good.

Are you finding some of the benefits, like heightened energy, digestive issues cleared up, or relief from symptoms? Keep on going! I'm rooting for you.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals