Just do this

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Just do this

Postby forgood » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:40 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:
forgood wrote:I go into rationalization mode at the grocery store, telling myself, some vegan meats and cheeses are okay as treat every once in a while, but what I need is to just stick to this diet a good while and give it a chance, before treating myself to junk food.

Oh I am EXACTLY the same. Not with fake meats and cheeses, but refined, processed vegan convenience foods. Why not have some crispy yummy breakfast biscuits on hand for the occasional breakfast? well for me anyway, I won't stop at one. I'll munch down the whole entire box! It's best to keep them completely out of the house. :nod:

Stick to this for a good long time, then have a "feast day" ... it doesn't really have to be junk food. For me Christmas is pistachios, nuts in shell, dark chocolate, and dates. Maybe eating these whole, low fat foods every day changes the taste buds so processed junky stuff doesn't taste good.

Are you finding some of the benefits, like heightened energy, digestive issues cleared up, or relief from symptoms? Keep on going! I'm rooting for you.

Thanks! Have been sticking to it and surprised I lost 4-5 lbs, have a long ways to go still. My skin is a little clearer, when I do get pimples they are tiny.
forgood

Postby forgood » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 pm

beans rice and miso today
beverages: lemon water and coffee w/sugar
forgood

Postby forgood » Tue May 07, 2019 2:17 am

tofu, kale, onions with Calrose rice
Potato with avocado
gluten free bread
banana some cherries

Today was not such a good food day. Ate more fat than I wanted with avocado and tofu. But surprised my weight went down a little bit more, cause I've been eating large amounts.
forgood

here I go again

Postby forgood » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Day 1

Large can of black beans
pasta with canned tomatoes, onions and spices.

Having gut "cramps" with vomiting in the early mornings, not sure what's up. See the doctor tomorrow.

Need to get more serious about my health and stop just half ass doing this diet. Here goes to REALLY trying.
forgood

Postby forgood » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Day 2

Potato, broccoli with some unsweetened soy milk, sprinkled fake bacon bits, jalapenos.

Will probably have another bowl of this later, I'm a late eater.

Went to the doctor, have to do a CT scan of my gut to see what it is. I think it's probably diverticulitis.
forgood

Postby forgood » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:58 pm

-messed up-

Day 3

Had a lot of rice but with 2 avocados.

leftover potatoes and broccoli.
forgood

Re: going week by week

Postby forgood » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 pm

went off this diet for a while and tried a higher fat vegan diet, did that make my skin oily. Back cause I have a gallstone and need to do a low fat diet anyways for that issue, so here goes again...
(will update this post as I go)

WEEK 1

MONDAY 22:
cw:248, Just some nice cream, not hungry made myself eat that. Cause mild mania and out of it. Gym 40 minutes.(Update, ate pasta with tahini 11:30pm at night, I know the tahini is not good, I should throw it out.)

TUESDAY 23:
banana nice cream, broccoli and potatoes with some soy milk added.

WEDNESDAY 24:
11% fat, bean and salsa with corn tortillas, shredded hash browns with corn and jalapenos, watermelon. Non dairy creamer and spoon of sugar in coffee.

THURSDAY 25:
hash browns with corn, and salad toppings. watermelon. bean and salsa corn tortillas. gym 40 minutes. coffee with no dairy creamer, sugar.
FRIDAY 26: ( forgot to log in last 3 days)
SATURDAY 27:
SUNDAY 28:

RESULTS:
Weight:248 lbs, didn't go down, had tahini a couple of days and obviously, ( then threw it out) need to try more calorie density or the MWL plan, But my goal was really just to eat this way for a week, at least I didn't binge on pizza after 3-4 days, like in the past, so this is a improvement, though I still need some work.
Last edited by forgood on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
forgood

Postby AnnetteW » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:16 am

so it was gallstones causing the stomach issues?

I don't know much about them actually.

I hope you are feeling better and being more focused with the low fat diet, I hope that helps. Take care.
AnnetteW

Postby forgood » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:04 am

AnnetteW wrote:so it was gallstones causing the stomach issues?

I don't know much about them actually.

I hope you are feeling better and being more focused with the low fat diet, I hope that helps. Take care.

Not sure, but hoping this diet helps with whatever is going on.
forgood

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:23 pm

I like the look of that potato and broccoli. Yum!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby forgood » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:09 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:I like the look of that potato and broccoli. Yum!

thanks, I took it with the foodie app. Had more potatoes and broccoli today.
forgood

Postby forgood » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:39 pm

Week 2

Goals: Practice calorie density, weigh only end of week.

Week 2's sw:248

Monday:
banana, strawberry, soy milk nice cream. shredded hash browns, corn and onions some bac o bits (not the real bacon the fake) I know the fakin bacon bits are crap, so I'll stop buying them and try to do without.
forgood

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals