Accountability Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Accountability Journal

Postby taz432 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:31 pm

I went off track but this time it wasn't due to cravings. I had an appointment in the morning so missed breakfast. Then when it was an hour to lunch I wasn't hungry so decided to just wait. That was a mistake. When it was lunch I was so hungry, I ate most of the normal lunch, then had some leftover frozen pizza and peppermint patties and just kept snacking on non-plan food in the afternoon off and on. I was also out of greens so just had rice, beans and some veg for dinner but no fruit today. I'll be back on track tomorrow.

I also decided to try some really basic meals, and not even try to do SNAP meals. Just a grain, beans, vegetables, some sweet potatoes, some fruit and see how it goes. It just felt too artificial to make these meals all the time, even though they're simple to begin with, they are still recipes. I made the chili I like Mon night but that doesn't even seem worth it. I just want to see what the bare minimum frills type food is that I can eat. Sometimes I really don't feel like cooking.

If I hadn't missed breakfast I think I could have stayed on track. I stopped cocoa the past few days too. Maybe I'll start the 10 point journaling I've seen other people do.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:50 pm

I had rice/beans, cooked some frozen green beans for veg, and had tangerines. I don't think dinner will be a problem, same type of meal. I am feeling like I need to just spend more time reading other people's stories on this site to see examples of really eating this way long term because of Halloween candy. I just realized today that I couldn't just eat the leftovers. We're going to put a bowl out and see how that goes. But I miss eating Halloween candy. I don't think the holidays will be hard because we won't be cooking regular stuff or visiting like normal. So I can eat what I want. But got to make it through Halloween.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Saw on the news last night that Halloween candy in bowls to give out isn't a good idea. We will just not give out any candy this year and give that candy away to friends. Today I ate the same as usual. I think I cover the 10 points already so will just keep writing what I eat when I have time. I'm trying to figure out the exact volume of food I need to eat to feel full. I've been eating 1-2.5 c rice/beans/veg mixture, then 1 c veg. I know you're supposed to pay attention and stop when you're full but I don't trust that since if I don't eat enough I'll get hungry before the next meal which leads to problems. I don't feel stuffed or anything when eating that amount.:
Breakfast-rice/beans/veg, broccoli, sweet potatoes, banana
Lunch-chili, rice, broccoli, tangerine
Dinner-rice/beans/veg, broccoli
taz432

Postby taz432 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:54 pm

I had the same type of meals, no snacks yesterday and today. Today I was busy around dinner so ate an hour late. Like before, I thought it was fine to delay but was so tempted to eat something extra once I started eating. Also I didn't have greens made, so I made some greens, and ate them last, and it filled me up enough to make it so I don't think I'll have anything tonight. This is pretty amazing, it's been a while since I've had chocolate. I think I've lost weight. My size 12's are fitting normally now. Would like it to make it to size 10's. I can keep the cravings away as long as I stick to mealtimes and enough food to eat, with a bigger breakfast than the other 2 meals.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Breakfast - collard greens, small bowl rice/chili, sweet potatoes
Lunch - collard greens, Pasta and beans
Dinner - collard greens, pasta and beans, tangerine

Don't have much of an appetite today
taz432

Postby taz432 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:27 pm

Breakfast: collard greens, chili/rice, sweet potatoes
Lunch: collard greens, Pasta and beans, tangerine
Dinner, collard greens, chili/rice

Still not as much appetite as normal
taz432

Postby taz432 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:06 pm

Breakfast: Collard greens, chili/rice, sweet potatoes
Lunch: Collard greens, 1/2 banana
Dinner: Collard greens, chili/rice, sweet potatoes, banana

Really have lost my appetite. The serving sizes are smaller than normal, especially at breakfast. I almost went off track after dinner since I had gotten a little too hungry after the small lunch but the craving didn't last long. Finally have some time tomorrow to cook something different. I'll probably make something with lentils.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:11 pm

Breakfast: collard greens, oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch: collard greens, rice/chili
Dinner: collard greens, rice/corn tortilla, black beans, 1/2 banana

Time got away from me and I didn't cook so had to just eat canned beans and rice. It tasted good. My appetite is still low, I feel like I'm forcing myself to eat at breakfast and lunch. At dinner I didn't even want to finish the banana. Must be election-related stress. But usually stress makes me eat more so don't really know. I think I've lost 6 lbs. Still size 12. Can't wait to get to size 10.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Breakfast: broccoli, oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch: broccoli, rice, kidney beans, tangerine
Dinner: broccoli, quinoa, black beans, salsa, tangerine

I really haven't felt like cooking and am having canned beans and grains and they taste good. So far not having cravings at all still.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Same thing as yesterday. Added low sodium soy sauce to the broccoli one time, and rice vinegar another time. It was good. I really like the rice and kidney beans at lunch. Only had 1 piece of fruit. Not hungry.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:59 pm

Same as yesterday pretty much. Going to cook tomorrow or Fri. Maybe.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Breakfast: green beans, oatmeal and blueberries
Lunch: green beans, potato, beans, salsa, apple
Dinner: green beans, potato, beans

It's crazy that I'm still not hungry. We still even have Halloween candy and other snacks. If anyone knows something jarred that is lower sodium than salsa, please let me know. I was going to try getting some fresh prepared pico de gallo. I really like salsa with rice and beans. Still liking not cooking but tonight I have to make some broccoli and grains.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Breakfast: green beans, oatmeal, blueberries
Lunch: broccoli, quinoa, black beans, salsa, banana
Dinner: broccoli, potato, black beans, salsa

Maybe salsa isn't as high sodium as I thought. Will try getting green salsa next.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Breakfast: collard greens, oatmeal, blueberries
Lunch: collard greens, rice kidney beans, apple
Dinner: collard greens, quinoa, black beans, salsa

Ate dinner maybe 10 minutes late and I could feel the temptations beginning. I just have to eat on time or that's it. So far going well, still no cravings.
taz432

Postby taz432 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:01 pm

My appetite finally came back. Yesterday I cooked lentil/carrot/onion/garlic stew, barley, rice/bean/red pepper/onion/garlic, and sweet potato fries. Today I was hungrier than normal and weak before dinner. Going to add in an extra small meal for the next few days. I think I'm losing pretty much weight, might be 8-9 lbs by now.

Breakfast: green beans, oatmeal/blueberries, mint tea
Lunch: green beans, lentil stew, barley, apple
Dinner: salad, rice/bean mix, sweet potatoes
Extra dinner: salad, sweet potatoes
taz432

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals