Trying Again, as a Experiment

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Trying Again, as a Experiment

Postby forgood » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 pm

I'll just give this diet a try for at least 3 months. To be honest, I get confused with all the information out there on plant based diets? Like should I take vegan Omega 3's? Eat nuts? etc...I like the simplicity of this diet and makes a lot of sense to me in that way, so I will give it a chance and see how I do on it.

I have no problem quitting oils, but cheese that's a hard one, and I'll be starting this diet at my sister's house, she eats a lot of cheese, but I'll just cook my own "diet" meals, they will have no problem with it, since I'm obese and they are all trim. (she eats small portions and has constipation problems). My problems is eating huge volumes of food and pooping a million times a day. I've been eating more plant based, but every few days have a cheese on something binge, like with pizza or cheesy pasta. Got to get over the 3-4 day hump.

I'll be posting every few days or daily, whenever I can, most importantly is being consistent with this.
forgood

Re: Trying Again, as a Experiment

Postby rick.p » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Sounds like a great experiment! I wish you much success.
rick.p

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:02 pm

yay, hope it works for you! I bet you see your regularity calm down a lot. It might take your gut a while to adjust, but then you'll prolly "go" a few times a day. Constipation is not a problem.

Expect your energy to begin soaring...woo hoo!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby forgood » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:18 pm

Breakfast:
GrapeNut cereal 1 cup
Hemp Milk 1 cup
sugar 2 spoon fulls

Having a hard time giving up soy milks/hemp milks in food. Had a lot of tofu past few days, so I didn't enter my diet info. Out of tofu, so eating vegetables and starches without it now, and will see how that goes. I obviously love tofu.

Is GrapeNut cereal okay, not a big fan of oatmeal.
forgood

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:55 am

GrapeNuts are on plan. I love em. They are absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS cooked! But they're tasty any time, really. The nut milks will slow down your progress, take it from me. I literally stopped my weight loss when I got on a home-made granola kick. I used almond milk for that, and noticed the scale halting. When I changed out the nut milk for apple juice, the scale started moving again.

You wouldn't think so, but apple juice with granola (or GrapeNuts, for that matter) is quite good.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby forgood » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Almost there but not yet.

Moving forward in baby steps.

I stopped buying tofu. I was a big tofu eater.

Now working on reducing how much soymilk I use. I put it in everything, Farina,potatoes, rice etc. makes things "creamy".
forgood

Postby forgood » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Was jump into this as a "experiment" but taking it in steps seems to be working better for me. Cause otherwise, I used to just jump into eating this way, find it too bland and then binge after 3-4 days on pizza.

This way, at least I am not bingeing on pizza anymore, eating healthier and moving closer to my 80-10-10 goal of starched based eating.
forgood

Postby alishana » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:41 am

To avoid soy milk, you can make "banana milk" by blending 1 or 1/2 banana with water, it's creamy and sweet !
alishana

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am

forgood wrote:Was jump into this as a "experiment" but taking it in steps seems to be working better for me. Cause otherwise, I used to just jump into eating this way, find it too bland and then binge after 3-4 days on pizza.

This way, at least I am not bingeing on pizza anymore, eating healthier and moving closer to my 80-10-10 goal of starched based eating.

I think you're wise to do it this way. One of my heroes in this method started out by simply adding whole grains instead of processed flour products. He "knew" he would never give up meat...and yet he did, and lost 300 lbs. But he started out by simply ADDING whole grains to his diet.

Small steps works wonders!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby forgood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:04 am

Today's Weight:256.5 :crybaby:

Today Had:

green beans
    canned diced tomatoes in rice (5 cups)
    3 pears

I need to get some groceries, that's why not much vegetables.

When I have empty bowels, no food or whatever left in my system. I get gut cramps followed by vomiting up bile. What is that a sign of?

I fasted yesterday on just water because I didn't feel right and was sleeping the entire time.

Today I feel more normal, but have some slight tightness in my torso, around my lower back and lungs or chest area. Which is new.
forgood

Postby forgood » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:05 pm

Beans and quinoa
2 pears

flageolet beans really stunk up my house and taste meh
forgood

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals